The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

15 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's a very good signing to be fair. If he can hit the purple patch that he did at Alloa with any consistency then Accies could have done great business. Wonder if Henderson does need a big target man alongside him or if a partnership with someone like O'Hara would work as effectively?

2 year deal should work for both parties. If he lights up the league there will be interest from the league above. 

👏

As others have said, based on his time at Alloa it would seem he needs a better attitude more than a big target man. He had wee bursts when he scored goals but overall I found him tremendously frustrating to watch, recall him even pulling out of runs if the ball wasn't perfect. I'd have happily dropped him towards the end of that season, even though he was top scorer. Going by what has happened since it wouldn't seem that the penny has dropped, but suppose he is still young enough. 

O'Hara on the other hand was great, took what was a second chance at Alloa after Falkirk and as he grew in confidence got better and better. Obviously hasn't been able to build on that with the Pars and back to somewhere like he was before coming to us. Certainly a very good player there if Accies can get him firing. 

Really impressed with the transfer business so far.

The social media presence seems to be heading in a positive direction again, with talk of season cards instead of books and a full kit launch with the supporters soon.  

Downside is John Rankin and Daz McKinnon are still the management team, I hope they can get the best out of these players.

Also still waiting on official confirmation of McGowan selling his shares, hopefully that arrives soon.

Other than that, Happy Days! 

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

Really impressed with the transfer business so far.

The social media presence seems to be heading in a positive direction again, with talk of season cards instead of books and a full kit launch with the supporters soon.  

Downside is John Rankin and Daz McKinnon are still the management team, I hope they can get the best out of these players.

Also still waiting on official confirmation of McGowan selling his shares, hopefully that arrives soon.

Other than that, Happy Days! 

I think by the end of this season the fans will have a much more positive opinion on John Rankin than what they do right now. Some things last season he should of done better but we all know who was the main man that caused that season last year

8 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I think by the end of this season the fans will have a much more positive opinion on John Rankin than what they do right now. Some things last season he should of done better but we all know who was the main man that caused that season last year

I'm not convinced, he has burnt bridges with a lot of supporters I know. 

Not entirely for the football season just past, but for his lie after the Alloa game which I won't go into here. 

We will see what happens.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65964499

"My debut for BBC Sport was on 27 October 1962. That was one of the most perilous days in the history of mankind," he said.

The rest of the world watched with worry as the threat of nuclear war loomed, with the USA and the Soviet Union at loggerheads during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Macpherson said: "Nuclear missiles were heading for Cuba, so Armageddon was hanging over all our heads.

"What did I have to console myself with? Hamilton Accies against Stenhousemuir.

"So I always related Accies to the salvation of mankind.

30 minutes ago, Skondras said:

I'm not convinced, he has burnt bridges with a lot of supporters I know. 

Not entirely for the football season just past, but for his lie after the Alloa game which I won't go into here. 

We will see what happens.  

Yeah I'm disappointed with him myself with the lie after the Alloa game. However I think he will turn it around on the football side

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

what lie?

He accused fans of shouting vile abuse about his family. Did not happen. It was 1 disgraceful tweet about 4 days earlier and hopefully whoever posted it will be suitably dealt with.

21 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He accused fans of shouting vile abuse about his family. Did not happen. It was 1 disgraceful tweet about 4 days earlier and hopefully whoever posted it will be suitably dealt with.

This.

A horrible comment that was widely condemned by everyone. 

Rankin said he heard it at the game, he didn't, it was online. He was just made aware of it. 

Edited by Skondras

Not sure about Hendrie, seem to have 3 left backs now, McGinn can't be feeling too hopeful.

Regarding Rankin, I think he has a lot of making up to do, both in terms of his management skills and relationship with the fans. I still believe we would have stayed up with the squad we had if they were set up properly, so hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

48 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Not sure about Hendrie, seem to have 3 left backs now, McGinn can't be feeling too hopeful.

Regarding Rankin, I think he has a lot of making up to do, both in terms of his management skills and relationship with the fans. I still believe we would have stayed up with the squad we had if they were set up properly, so hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

Hendrie occasionally covered left sided centre back for us but I can't imagine you've brought him in for that reason.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hendrie occasionally covered left sided centre back for us but I can't imagine you've brought him in for that reason.

This was actually crossing my mind. Last season Rankin would chop and change between 4 and 5 at the back, never settling on either way. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that position this season.

Interesting to see the club confirming on insta hearts rejected an approach for Connor Smith (for a loan I assume).

Also not shocked to see Matthew Shiels playing as a Trialist for EK today but still worrying why we attempted to keep him when it’s clear he isn’t good enough.

Well certainly nice to get strikers through the door after we've been crying out for them for ages.

I think that should wrap up the forward department, and if we get that big Irish centre back we were linked with, I would say that's the defense sorted as well. Just need to wait and see what happens with the Fulton situation, if he stays then no need to add to this area.

So it would just be the midfield left, still think we need at least 3 more players in this area. More cover in the centre, a decent number 10 and more experience in the wing. Get this and I would be more than happy.

Any news on Zanatta? Can't imagine he's on a cheap wage, and was pretty useless last season, so wouldn't be against him being shown the door.

56 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Well certainly nice to get strikers through the door after we've been crying out for them for ages.

I think that should wrap up the forward department, and if we get that big Irish centre back we were linked with, I would say that's the defense sorted as well. Just need to wait and see what happens with the Fulton situation, if he stays then no need to add to this area.

So it would just be the midfield left, still think we need at least 3 more players in this area. More cover in the centre, a decent number 10 and more experience in the wing. Get this and I would be more than happy.

Any news on Zanatta? Can't imagine he's on a cheap wage, and was pretty useless last season, so wouldn't be against him being shown the door.

If we are wanting to play 2 up top I still think we need another Striker tbh more than what we need a winger. However I count Henderson as a winger so be interesting to see where we play him however pretty sure all his success at Alloa came on the wing so I hope he plays there. Tbf we could probably do someone on the right wing to give Lewis some competition. Hopefully a good season for Lewis coming up though. We definitely need some midfielders though. Hopefully that tease yesterday about someone coming back turns out to be a midfield.