The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

20 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Kilday confirmed. Good signing IMO. I would’ve thought he could have got another Championship team.

Yeah I thought Kilday would’ve got a gig elsewhere in the championship after his performances this season. I think if you ask any QP fan, Kilday was easily our most consistent performer at centre back. Took his game to new levels after a couple of injury plagued seasons when he first joined us in league 2. Very intelligent player who seemed to have gained a yard of pace as result of getting fitter.

Unfortunately towards the last 2 months of the season, the injuries seemed to be returning and ultimately the new model QP seem to be going with, it has massive emphasis on young players so Kilday was always going to be at risk of being released. 

Wish him all the best, cant talk down any player who took us from league 2 all the way to 45 mins from the premiership. Providing he stays fit, he’ll stroll league 1 

Can you take Louis longridge off us please… 

Wow. Martin was one who I was certain would leave. He had a few run-ins with fans and is easily good enough for the Championship (and was a decent Premiership midfielder) so I thought he would've thought enough's enough. 

21 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Shiels maybe wants to go part time wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Alloa tbh since they just lost Chruch. No mention of spence here tells me he's signed a new deal at some point which is embarrassing considering he's never had a single good game for us and never looked interested. Hopefully both Martin and Mimnaugh stay. Keeping Martin could be the difference of going straight back up or not so important that we manage to keep him

Any specific reason for thinking that?

55 minutes ago, printer said:

Any specific reason for thinking that?

Some people have other things lined up in their lives outside of football. We seen it with Kieran Macdonald. We don't know what Shiels background is but it's quite common for players to rather be part time than full time if they have other things in their lives. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Some people have other things lined up in their lives outside of football. We seen it with Kieran Macdonald. We don't know what Shiels background is but it's quite common for players to rather be part time than full time if they have other things in their lives. 

OK, just thought you might have some specific/inside knowledge.

1 hour ago, printer said:

OK, just thought you might have some specific/inside knowledge.

Nah I don't it's just a complete guess. And I thought Alloa because Rice firstly signed him for us. And with Alloa losing Church and needing a LB I can see him ending up there.

2 hours ago, smc4761 said:

Has Mcgown finally left the building with this statement or almost certainly as he still holds the rights to stadium we are still fooked

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/thanks-for-the-memories/

Please cut all ties and get out of football. Buy a social club or something for your pet projects and stop making accies stadium into a shit version of the phoenix club! 

2 hours ago, smc4761 said:

Has Mcgown finally left the building with this statement or almost certainly as he still holds the rights to stadium we are still fooked

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/thanks-for-the-memories/

Wild that our Owner thinks we suffered back to back relegations, good to see how much interest he really has in the ‘football department’. Sadly he’ll still be about like a bad smell while still owning the stadium.

32 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Kevin O'Hara is set to sign for Accies according to the Record another really impressive signing if it happens 

Somebody  on FB said about 10 days ago we had got Kilday, O'Hara and Hendrie but just waiting to announce them. Seems could be right. Also chasing the Longridge brothers.

47 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Kevin O'Hara is set to sign for Accies according to the Record another really impressive signing if it happens 

Last chance saloon for him at full time football, Rankin will know him from his time at us so it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Somebody  on FB said about 10 days ago we had got Kilday, O'Hara and Hendrie but just waiting to announce them. Seems could be right. Also chasing the Longridge brothers.

Kilday's a good addition and keeping Martin will be a massive boost but I'd be quite happy with you signing the rest of that list. 

Euan Henderson's the only other rumour I've seen, had a really good spell on loan at Alloa in this league a few seasons ago but looks to have struggled for minutes at Queens Park last season. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Last chance saloon for him at full time football, Rankin will know him from his time at us so it makes sense.

Kilday's a good addition and keeping Martin will be a massive boost but I'd be quite happy with you signing the rest of that list. 

Euan Henderson's the only other rumour I've seen, had a really good spell on loan at Alloa in this league a few seasons ago but looks to have struggled for minutes at Queens Park last season. 

Don't disagree but the names mentioned are all better than Doyle, Stephenson, Shiels, Tiehie, Zanatta, Benny the Seal that we were subjected to last season.

Think O'Hara is a decent signing for you, he's will run non stop for 90 minutes and most his goals are in and around the 6 yard box, a proper poacher. Unfortunately he's just not very good technically and definitely wouldn't have him as a lone striker.