Clyde Season 23/24

17 hours ago, David W said:

Away options were in the programme yesterday. The yellow one is horrific.

Screenshot_20240421_155338_Chrome.jpg

A - The yellow one isn't nearly as bad as folk are saying. Calm down. I don't want it though, because it's a Cumbernauld Colts jersey.

B - The blue option is just this season's puma trainingwear worn by most Puma teams. They were selling Clyde versions in the store but the players never wore them. The black version is nice, not sure why we don't just use that.

Team Cup Training Jersey - Grey

To be honest, Puma teamwear options are normally crap.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I honestly could not care one bit what the second, third, training top colour is. As long as we have the traditional White home top then anything else is the least of our worries. 

13 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’d go with the blue over the yellow. Although, I’m not really a fan of either. 

Nice to have the traditional colours for the home strip next year.

Quite like the yellow tbh...sleeve detail changes it from a QOTS away top any given year 

You have to admire Mr Maitland for taking on that job. As an individual some people will see this as a challenge, so his optimism and determination will be tested no doubt. Some people would not get involved in a 'car crash' like the one we are witnessing, me included, as it drains your energy and will to live to see failure after failure.

I genuinely hope he makes a success of it, starting with having a League 2 team to govern next year.

Best of luck Allan. 

Very happy with the Maitland announcement.

Both on and off the park, with the exception of the promotion season (although they certainly tried their hardest to ruin that one with the Fitzpatrick situation), the last decade-and-a-bit have been a real shambles for Clyde. I know the board are volunteers, but jeezo it's been incredibly taxing. Mistake after mistake, idiotic decision after idiotic decision. There's no other way to put it, we've become utterly pathetic. 

However, the past few months have indicated that with real, competent leadership in place we can maybe begin to re-establish a bit of pride in the club. There's obviously no way of knowing, but if we somehow manage to survive this season I think having Allan at the helm gives us a real platform to build on. If we stay up and McCall leaves, I'd trust him to put a solid management team in place.

Even in the increasingly likely scenario that we are relegated into the Lowland League, whilst it will be the biggest low point in the clubs entire history and the deserved culmination of a period of dire mismanagement, at least we have someone I feel confident in to spearhead the club going forward.

ALSO it seems that Ian Fitzpatrick is standing down from his role as CMO at Stenhousemuir. I'd imagine he'd be wanting to take a wee break but we should be bursting to get Ian involved with the club - he's done a really terrific job at Stenny and one look at their social media/marketing output from his team in the past few years coupled with the fact he's a Clyde fan should be reason enough to pull out all the stops.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

18 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Very happy with the Maitland announcement.

Both on and off the park, with the exception of the promotion season (although they certainly tried their hardest to ruin that one with the Fitzpatrick situation), the last decade-and-a-bit have been a real shambles for Clyde. I know the board are volunteers, but jeezo it's been incredibly taxing. Mistake after mistake, idiotic decision after idiotic decision. There's no other way to put it, we've become utterly pathetic. 

However, the past few months have indicated that with real, competent leadership in place we can maybe begin to re-establish a bit of pride in the club. There's obviously no way of knowing, but if we somehow manage to survive this season I think having Allan at the helm gives us a real platform to build on. If we stay up and McCall leaves, I'd trust him to put a solid management team in place.

Even in the increasingly likely scenario that we are relegated into the Lowland League, whilst it will be the biggest low point in the clubs entire history and the deserved culmination of a period of dire mismanagement, at least we have someone I feel confident in to spearhead the club going forward.

ALSO it seems that Ian Fitzpatrick is standing down from his role as CMO at Stenhousemuir. I'd imagine he'd be wanting to take a wee break but we should be bursting to get Ian involved with the club - he's done a really terrific job at Stenny and one look at their social media/marketing output from his team in the past few years coupled with the fact he's a Clyde fan should be reason enough to pull out all the stops.

Do you mean like gain promotion?

I believe Ian was at Clyde in this role previously and resigned......

36 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Do you mean like gain promotion?

No shit 

37 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I believe Ian was at Clyde in this role previously and resigned......

As far as I can remember he was an Associate Director dealing with the commercial side of things very briefly. I don't know too much about it but I can't imagine being an associate director of the club in 2020 would be a fun or fruitful undertaking. He moved on to bigger and better things with Stenhousemuir and clearly knows how to market a club well, something that Clyde clearly didn't take advantage of. He now has several years more experience and someone like Ian could and should be trusted fully with that aspect of the club.

Never mind the EuroMillions, been a regular contributor to the Clyde Lottery for years without winning feck all, even for at least 3 numbers, just those and such as those pick up a minor wins😉, thats what happens when your black balled🤫!!..... If I did manage a win the £20k (4 numbers) I would sink the money back into the club and call it Johnny Worm Stand also 🫢 or the Allan Maitland Saviour Stand

EK the more difficult opponents and having a bye so they're nice and rested, too... not great.

This bronze licence thing... does it mean that if we get relegated we will never be allowed back in unless we have our own ground?

On 24/04/2024 at 17:36, Johnny Worm said:

Unfortunately no - but rest assured if I win the EuroMillions I'll pour my money into...anything but Clyde. Having said that the Johnny Worm stand has got a nice ring to it

The Worm Enclosure

29 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

EK the more difficult opponents and having a bye so they're nice and rested, too... not great.

This bronze licence thing... does it mean that if we get relegated we will never be allowed back in unless we have our own ground?

Don’t think so. We currently have a silver license 

53 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

3 weeks break could also go the other way. 

On 24/04/2024 at 11:26, Brian Carrigan said:

No shit 

As far as I can remember he was an Associate Director dealing with the commercial side of things very briefly. I don't know too much about it but I can't imagine being an associate director of the club in 2020 would be a fun or fruitful undertaking. He moved on to bigger and better things with Stenhousemuir and clearly knows how to market a club well, something that Clyde clearly didn't take advantage of. He now has several years more experience and someone like Ian could and should be trusted fully with that aspect of the club.

"no shit"....and then force the promotion winning chairman out of the club and besmirch his professional character? Thats what is on the board and foundation other than Allan Maitland.......he needs to empty the boardroom