Clyde Season 23/24

10 hours ago, monthe blues said:

These are the kind of Imbeciles that give decent Clyde supporters a bad name ,most clubs have a few,They are as thick as Pig Shit, And should be rooted out and told to F off

Your punctuation is atrocious!  I couldn't even be bothered to read to the end. I'm off to bed now (slept like a log on Saturday night) so sweet dreams clever-clogs and good luck at school this week learning to read and write. 

Sorry but Lyons should be let go or a bench warmer if we are going to have ambitions of going up next year. The standard for Lyons (who granted played well up in Elgin) is he gets praised if he doesn't f**k it and cost us a goal that's not the standard you need if you are going to get out the division. 

Shite like C.Scullion, Parry and that wage stealer Cameron need binned so far to f**k

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

Sorry but Lyons should be let go or a bench warmer if we are going to have ambitions of going up next year. The standard for Lyons (who granted played well up in Elgin) is he gets praised if he doesn't f**k it and cost us a goal that's not the standard you need if you are going to get out the division. 

Shite like C.Scullion, Parry and that wage stealer Cameron need binned so far to f**k

Articulately expressed.

For the first time in a while, we have a Chair, a manager and a backroom staff with superb football knowledge. After all, they cleared 12 out of the squad those two idiots McClean and Duffy assembled and built a team that  won the second half of the season. Probs best to leave it to the professionals.

14 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Very revealing interview....if McColl leaves, we have our answer re necessary changes and the level of finance being put in.

RS? 

If McCall is not backed after what he has done then hell mend us.

Surprised at how long the "keep" list is from a lot of you and I'd expect to see a complete overhaul in the Summer with the vast majority of out of contract players moving on. Clyde can do so much better than 9th in league 2 and need to act like it in the Summer.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Surprised at how long the "keep" list is from a lot of you and I'd expect to see a complete overhaul in the Summer with the vast majority of out of contract players moving on. Clyde can do so much better than 9th in league 2 and need to act like it in the Summer.

To be fair since the January signings the form has been title challenging. It's only maybe 2 or 3 players from the jobby assembled by Duffy/McLean that folk are discussing keeping. There was as good as a complete overhaul in the Jan window.

Edited by CM.

12 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

If the season was over the last 18 games then we would have finished top which includes 4 disasters performances against (Stranraer, Forfar (2) and Elgin) so dont think there is much change needdc to win the league next year. 

Nothing wrong with optimism but that's taking it to the extreme.  The dynamics of the league were such that even if you restrict it to half seasons then Clyde would still only have finished 4th and that would be on goal difference.

1 hour ago, Glorious Purpose said:

RS? 

If McCall is not backed after what he has done then hell mend us.

You could argue that given the money at his disposal and, by his own admission, an assistant in Scally whose knowledge of the players and game at this level was 2nd to none (by McCall's admission he did around 80% of the work) that it wasn't really about McCall at all. 

Maybe we should be offering Scally the job? The cynic in me says that McCall's apology in that final interview is less honesty and more a great bit of PR to try an' secure a lucrative job offer for next season. If the Mystery Benefactor is still kicking about and willing to invest, McCall could probably expect to get a salary closer to that of a full time Championship manager rather than a L2 jobber. He ain't daft.

It would be great to have McCall stay on and all that optimism and good work carried on into next season. But it he goes, I don't think it is a disaster either. I have a suspicion Clyde will be challenging at the top end next season, although that's far from a sure thing. 

I'm not against a new manager coming in because, I've mentioned before, I'm quite comfortable to trust Allan Maitland to make a competent decision. With everything that has gone on the last few years, I would have no objection to a comfortable mid-table finish and playoff challenge for a couple of seasons. Keep things calm and get the house in order. If the financial backing is there in the medium term then do things properly, as sustainable as possible for the future - i.e. bridging the gap until the club has a stadium to call our own.

I don't see a need to rush anything now that there is a degree of confidence we shouldn't see a repeat of this season, at least.

27 minutes ago, PTR said:

It would be great to have McCall stay on and all that optimism and good work carried on into next season. But it he goes, I don't think it is a disaster either. I have a suspicion Clyde will be challenging at the top end next season, although that's far from a sure thing. 

I'm not against a new manager coming in because, I've mentioned before, I'm quite comfortable to trust Allan Maitland to make a competent decision. With everything that has gone on the last few years, I would have no objection to a comfortable mid-table finish and playoff challenge for a couple of seasons. Keep things calm and get the house in order. If the financial backing is there in the medium term then do things properly, as sustainable as possible for the future - i.e. bridging the gap until the club has a stadium to call our own.

I don't see a need to rush anything now that there is a degree of confidence we shouldn't see a repeat of this season, at least.

Sounds too much like common sense this

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

100% correct. Some of the “lists” contains players who should be nowhere near our squad next year.. Sula, Lyon, Young etc. we can’t fall into the trap of allowing the relief fuelled “euphoria” to thinking they are worth keeping. 
The jury should definitely be out on likes of Rennie, Cudihay, even Ray Grant who should be a yardstick of minimum standard we should be considering. 

1 hour ago, PTR said:

Good post. I love this time of year when we, at all clubs, dream and hope that our manager can recruit a squad that is going to win the League next season and then, some of us have a reality check and think, how are we going to afford this? I know you supposedly have a financial backer but he must have very deep pockets to fund the squad transformation that some on here crave for!

No idea why some want to keep Kabia. I'm sorry but I don't see it at all. For someone in an important attacking position he had little impact on matches. I also thought he's lazy when without the ball.

There's definitely better wingers at this level of there.

We can't continue with Rennie and Lyon and expect to challenge next season

Can’t see us being able to keep Allan on loan, I would like to see a big strong striker that can bully defences, something we’ve not had for a good while

53 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

Can’t see us being able to keep Allan on loan, I would like to see a big strong striker that can bully defences, something we’ve not had for a good while

I can see a Hamilton or a QotS buying Jordan Allan out of the final year of his Falkirk contract. With any luck that won’t happen and we’ll be able to get him back either on loan or on a free from Falkirk. 

Regardless, we do need a striker of the type of profile you’re describing but quality ones at this level are few and far between.