US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

Just another distortion by the Big Bad Meeeeee-dia to make the Dotard in Chief (D) look bad to the electorate. 

Harris is electoral asbestos too btw. 

On 11/07/2024 at 05:25, Granny Danger said:

The longer Biden refuses to withdraw the worse it’s going to look if/when he goes.

This is spot on. His tea is out now, George Clooney's statement was cutting, then Pelosi giving a mealy mouthed answer about how Biden 'needs to make a decision'. And to top it all off Biden calls Zelensky 'Putin'. 

The Democrats have managed to make the Republicans look like the orderly party over this. Quite a feat.

A lot of the senior Democrats, like Pelosi, were saying to wait until after the NATO summit, presumably hoping he'd pull off an impressive performance... and then he calls the President of Ukraine by the name of the maniac trying to murder him and his whole country, and calls the Vice President Donald Trump.

It's over now. Biden isn't going to be on the ballot in November. 

54 minutes ago, GordonS said:

A lot of the senior Democrats, like Pelosi, were saying to wait until after the NATO summit, presumably hoping he'd pull off an impressive performance... and then he calls the President of Ukraine by the name of the maniac trying to murder him and his whole country, and calls the Vice President Donald Trump.

It's actually quite sad. Had he announced last year that he wasn't going to run again and gone out gracefully, then he'd have been remembered for his years of public service, being vice president in a very strong and popular white house, beating Trump and getting through a lot of positive legislation. Now, he's becoming a bit of a joke figure who could end up being remembered as the guy who enabled a second Trump term.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

The Texan village idiot will disagree.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Texan village idiot will disagree.

I disagree....with that statement. I suspect that Harris will now be pushed forward. They have the polling that shows she does as well or better versus Trump (but I have serious reservations about those polls) and she's the only one in line for the campaign fund, per Democratic Party rules. On the plus side, Schumer is placing the Republicans on paper voting in ways that will not play well with a significant portion of the electorate. The problem then becomes finding ways to spread the word...women will be a prime target with the last couple of votes in the Senate, and I'm sure a move to advertise the Republican targeting of Griswold vs Connecticut will like play well to the male crowd as well.

It's interesting in the way a car crash is interesting, the only problem is the potential consequence for the world if Donald and his merry band of climatic destructors and environmental vandals get back in power. The Supreme Court decisions this term include several abominations, but the Court is about to find itself in a hell of its own making (with the inevitable circuit splits on multiple fronts from challenges to Agency regulatory decisions). Meanwhile, the partial immunity decision would be stretched out of recognition.

On the "good news" front, 28% of Republicans suggest violence is necessary to "get the country back on track".  Its also potentially good news for any number of countries, as the brain drain that will accompany a second Trump administration might prove to be a boon to a number of European and Asian countries. A move toward Christian Nationalism would drive out any number of groups, to the benefit of other countries.

As for the term "Village Idiot", I haven't heard that in quite some time, I guess that means VT is still spouting his gibberish. The use of that pejorative term here is an obvious sign of your inability to formulate a cogent response.  

The thing that puzzles me in all of this is the position of the Biden family.  Whilst I would expect US Government officials and spokespersons to publicly sandbag their President, is the Biden family so consumed by ego, vanity and cussedness that they are prepared to have the senior member of the clan driven to a potentially humiliating end to his Presidency, and at what cost to his failing health ?

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The thing that puzzles me in all of this is the position of the Biden family.  Whilst I would expect US Government officials and spokespersons to publicly sandbag their President, is the Biden family so consumed by ego, vanity and cussedness that they are prepared to have the senior member of the clan driven to a potentially humiliating end to his Presidency, and at what cost to his failing health ?

Yes.