US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Have Harris run positive and the VP candidate slag the VP pick of Trump, which will cause Trump (who is reportedly already regretting picking Vance) to combust.

Do you know if there is any mechanism for the Republicans to replace the VP pick?

If Trump's numbers start dropping, it would be hilarious to see him throw Vance under a bus.

It's been some fall for the Trump campaign so soon after they were all doing victory laps in the days after the shooting. They seem to be completely unprepared for coming up against Harris, despite this looking like what was going to happen since at least the TV debate. Vance also seems like a terrible VP pick. He just come across as a thick version of Dominic Cummings.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Vance also seems like a terrible VP pick. He just come across as a thick version of Dominic Cummings.

That's the bizarre thing about many American politicians.  A lot of them come across as monumentally thick, but but then you see that they come from Ivy League law schools.  Vance at Yale, Cruz at Harvard etc 

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's been some fall for the Trump campaign so soon after they were all doing victory laps in the days after the shooting. They seem to be completely unprepared for coming up against Harris, despite this looking like what was going to happen since at least the TV debate. Vance also seems like a terrible VP pick. He just come across as a thick version of Dominic Cummings.

Remember all the "that photo has just won him the election" takes? Even donkeys on here dropped in to announce that.

39 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

That's the bizarre thing about many American politicians.  A lot of them come across as monumentally thick, but but then you see that they come from Ivy League law schools.  Vance at Yale, Cruz at Harvard etc 

Same thing for many Oxbridge graduates here. Truss being prime example.

18 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Burgess and McLean, Jeffrey Archer, the criminal owner of my football club.... the list is endless.

Were Burgess and McLean thick?

Shapiro seems one of those wrecker Democrats who spend all their time helping the Republicans. Tried to divert $100M of funding for state schools to private schools instead. Not mentioned in that article but he also used public funds to settle a sexual harassment complaint against one of his inner circle.

Supposedly the shortlist is down to Shapiro, Kelly, or Cooper. Of those, Shapiro is the obvious disaster pick and Cooper is the best option.

8 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Same thing for many Oxbridge graduates here. Truss being prime example.

Truss was known as a moron among her fellow Cambridge undergrads. It doesn't take much in they way of logic skills or deductive reasoning to get an impressive degree if you work hard, have clear goals, have a good memory and are happy to regurgitate what you've learned.

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Challenge level: Impossible 

image.png.5fc1573bba64044381fdc56dd657e6da.png

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Truss was known as a moron among her fellow Cambridge undergrads. It doesn't take much in they way of logic skills or deductive reasoning to get an impressive degree if you work hard, have clear goals, have a good memory and are happy to regurgitate what you've learned.

image.png.5fc1573bba64044381fdc56dd657e6da.png

That boy looks as if he's self-branded 'UVF' onto his forehead with a soldering iron.

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't know much about them but I would have to agree that the astronaut would be cool.

Unions aren’t overly keen on him. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/labor-unions-unite-kamala-harris-concern-emerges-potential/story?id=112198865

@Freedom Farter - have they gone floppy on Beshear? 

20 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You probably know more than me, I'm just going by quick scans of Twitter accounts I trust and the links they share. It was the Financial Times I got the "Shapiro, Kelly or Cooper" thing from: https://archive.ph/A08yi

26 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

You probably know more than me, I'm just going by quick scans of Twitter accounts I trust and the links they share. It was the Financial Times I got the "Shapiro, Kelly or Cooper" thing from: https://archive.ph/A08yi

Ah, no worries; I’ve been charging around like a tit all day thus far and thought I’d missed something. Apparently Kelly has said he’ll sign the PRO act which might raise his standing, but then today ‘discreetly’ applauded Bibi with his hands down by his waist which might shitlist him given Kamala’s reticence to be anywhere near that at the minute. 

I’ve no idea what’ll happen. I’d weigh out the potentials thusly

Shapiro - arsehole, but could deliver PA

Beshear - good guy but won’t deliver KY

Kelly - plays well countrywide because astronaut, also uniquely placed to talk political violence if they decide hammering Trump on J6 is the way forward; problems as above

Pete - best candidate, won’t happen 

Walz - seems to be doing a good job in MN, very little national profile, bald

Pritzker - Hugely popular in IL and may not want to leave at this point. Likely has a better handle on Chicago (and is certainly more well liked by its residents) than the very inexperienced Mayor, so Dems may want to keep him there to oversee that also.

Cooper - know literally f**k all about him: must be decent if he can take NC as a Dem.  Similar to Beshear tho, won’t bring the state with him.