Group F - Killie, Raith, Pars, Annan, Albion Rovers

TxRover

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

An entertaining match. Not much between the sides. 

Not sure about Otoo in midfield at this level. And we seemed to have 21/22 spec Chalmers rather than 22/23 spec. McCann definitely motm. 

Raith seem to have signed a load of good attacking players but I'm really not sure about that defence, and Dabrowski didn't do anything to change my poor opinion of him after seeing him for QotS. Will be putting money on both teams to score every Airdrie v Raith game over the season - printing money. 

I would expect that back line to be different when we play in August.

Thought it was a decent game to be honest.  Neither side are complete yet, as solid as Dunfermline were they look even worse in the final third than us - Wighton is a bit shit.  

Felt Rovers played some lovely stuff at times, but ultimately not a huge amount to show for it.  Draw was about right, although some good saves from the Pars goalie in that 2nd half.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

An entertaining match. Not much between the sides. 

Not sure about Otoo in midfield at this level. And we seemed to have 21/22 spec Chalmers rather than 22/23 spec. McCann definitely motm. 

Raith seem to have signed a load of good attacking players but I'm really not sure about that defence, and Dabrowski didn't do anything to change my poor opinion of him after seeing him for QotS. Will be putting money on both teams to score every Airdrie v Raith game over the season - printing money. 

That defence included a midfielder at right back and a youngster playing his first senior competitive game in anything other than Lowland League. We're still shopping for defenders and nursing Millen back to fitness.

But aye, Dabrowski has to work a bit harder to convince most of us I think. He IS dishy though, eh?

Since it changed format I’ve not went to many of our League Cup games as they usually have the feeling of being glorified friendlies. This was pretty decent though especially in the first half. Thought the Pars keeper looked much better than ours , which was probably why we didn’t win. 

21 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Fife superhero. Will get his own show on Disney plus soon. 

Genuinely iconic IMO. 

If that was the Diver Vaughan for them they’d have brought out a commemorative poster and T-shirt by now. 

Quite a bit of stick for Otoo from my family whilst watching that. Although I thought he was a bit iffy in midfield, he is absolutely fine at centre-half, and will be a great player for us there. 

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Quite a bit of stick for Otoo from my family whilst watching that. Although I thought he was a bit iffy in midfield, he is absolutely fine at centre-half, and will be a great player for us there. 

I’m the opposite, I much prefer him at DM over CB and I’d include today in that 

Edited by parsforlife

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Enjoyed Montague's. Good prices, good pub.

O'Connell's was absolutely pish. Not the fault of the bar staff, they did their best, but there just weren't enough of them to serve everyone. Waited almost 15 minutes to be served before giving up and fucking off up the street to Alfie's where we got served right away. Stayed there until leaving for the game.

Was absolutely soaked on the way to the game. Got caught in the pishing downpour. Was fucking roasting after the game though.

Polis were being knobs at the train station and confiscating booze from folk. Had to hide my bottles down my jeans.

Train conductor was sound. Clearly saw the beer and didn't care.

O’Connells is the gajy toon o a bar.  Bar staff making venoms hence a big wait on a peeve 

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I’m the opposite, I much prefer him at DM over CB and I’d include today in that 

I'm the same, his passing can be iffy and naive but he does some really positive driving runs and can be an excellent ball winner when he's on it. We completely fell out of the midfield when he went to CB as Allan and Chalmers don't have the same physical presence or instinct to break up the play.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

7 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

O’Connells is the gajy toon o a bar.  Bar staff making venoms hence a big wait on a peeve 

Aye there was a lot of venous being ordered. Should have had a separate section for them.

26 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Shout out to the rovers proudly announcing ticket sales had surpassed the 4,500 mark just before kick off then announce the attendance during the game as 4,022… 👀

Haha talked about this with a mate. Maybe some folk saw the rain and couldn't be fucked so stayed in the pub/house?

35 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

I see Raith have set the prices for our visit on Tuesday as £12 adults, £6 over 65 or under 21 and £3 under 12's. Not bad, they're plugging buying tickets online, is it likely they'll be a cash gate too?

Nah we don’t do cash gates anymore. 

4 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

I see Raith have set the prices for our visit on Tuesday as £12 adults, £6 over 65 or under 21 and £3 under 12's. Not bad, they're plugging buying tickets online, is it likely they'll be a cash gate too?

There won't be a cash gate as such, but you can buy your ticket from a pod right outside the stand then scan it at the turnstile.

On 16/07/2023 at 12:06, parsdaft said:

Shout out to the rovers proudly announcing ticket sales had surpassed the 4,500 mark just before kick off then announce the attendance during the game as 4,022… 👀

😅

Dunfermline wrote the book on inflated attendances

On 15/07/2023 at 19:22, DAFC. said:

Good chance of going through if we can just do the business against Albion and Annan. 

8 points probably won't get you through. It might (we got through with 8 last season) but it's very unlikely. You'll have to get something against Kilmarnock too almost certainly.