Third Division 23/24

21 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Lesmahagow 7-6 Vale of Leven. 

I don't even know where to start. Led 3-0 and 6-3 but still conspired to lose. An utterly unbelievable game of football.

20230729_140130.jpg

I agree.

A freakish spell led to us being 3 down early on. Our attacking play was first class. Four goals in the last ten minutes. 

I do think us chasing the game from 3-0 from in first seven minutes, led to us being more open at the back, than we would have liked.

Won't go down as a defensive masterclass but value for money at six quid.

Vale are certainly an improved side from last year.

Lanark 3 Ardeer 3

Lanark started very brightly going 2 up inside 8 minutes with 2 well taken goals.  Ardeer pulled one back on 38 minutes. Am told the lad was offside but he still had a lot of work to do and created the opportunity for himself before expertly slotting it away. 

Whilst Lanark played some nice stuff I was never confident we'd hold out and true to form we gave away a cheap equaliser.  Lanark scored a 3rd but conspired to lose an equaliser inside 60 seconds following a howler by our new keeper.

Draw probably fair. Ardeer a very strong, competitive team. Impressed by their number 9. Game played in a good spirit.  Lanark without 3 first choice players, two of whom should be back for Wednesday.

On 27/07/2023 at 17:26, HorseyGhirl said:

36 hours and counting. Let's get some previews on here from posters for this weekend's opening round of fixtures. This could be a cracking season. Cant really see any weak teams from the off.

But time will tell.

After today's results, whatever I say regarding any team. Please disregard as it is blatantly obvious I haven't a fecking scoobie what I am talking about. 🤡🤡🤡

Copied from Threave's webpage.

Threave started their Division 3 campaign by carving out a hard fought victory against Kilsyth Athletic at Meadow.

The visitors started strongly but the Threave rearguard minimised the number of clear cut opportunities they had.

As Rovers grew into the game they began to create with Lewis Todd coming closest with an effort striking the post.

Half time 0-0

Into the second half and the game was decided when Brotherston was felled in the box and the big attacker stepped up and hammered home.

Rovers were forced to hang on following a red card for Dunglinson. 

As Kilsyth rallied trying to force an equaliser the Rovers rearguard of Bainbridge, Cameron and Douglas held firm to ensure the 3 points stayed at Meadow.

8 minutes ago, dcconnor said:

Was the rapist playing for “Formerly Shettleston Juniors FC” today?

In any case, a pleasing scoreline.

Would be good if he fecked off, so we can focus on the games.

Some crazy scores today I'd rather read about.

7 minutes ago, dcconnor said:

Was the rapist playing for “Formerly Shettleston Juniors FC” today?

In any case, a pleasing scoreline.

Don't know the person you're talking about, however can categorically state that a former Scottish international played for Glasgow Utd, lasted about 30 mins before pulling up injured having contributed S.F.A😉

1 minute ago, tombo said:

Don't know the person you're talking about, however can categorically state that a former Scottish international played for Glasgow Utd, lasted about 30 mins before pulling up injured having contributed S.F.A😉

Long term injury with a bit of luck. Good start for the Vics.

Irvine Victoria 5 - 0 Shettleston Jnrs Tribute Act 

Great performance to start our league campaign.  Some new faces in our line up but it was our old boys from last season taking the scoring headlines. Early days yet but making of a strong squad to carry us through the season. 

Glasgow offered nothing in all honesty apart from two late headers when the game was by.

2 hours ago, tombo said:

Irvine Victoria 5 - 0 Shettleston Jnrs Tribute Act 

Great performance to start our league campaign.  Some new faces in our line up but it was our old boys from last season taking the scoring headlines. Early days yet but making of a strong squad to carry us through the season. 

Glasgow offered nothing in all honesty apart from two late headers when the game was by.

premier league celebration GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

9 hours ago, outsider said:

Lol, that's why I asked you.👍

Oh it's gonna be like that is it. Well not to worry I will be giving you plenty of opportunities to put me right.😁😁

Before the weekend I was concerned for West Park after every player flitted to Candyland; but hoped it would be ok.

Don't care about the Tribute Act, kudos to whoever came up with that.

No info on Greenock but imagined they would be competitive.

Kello was the shocker did not see that coming but again no knowledge of Port. 

Don't know anyone associated with the Inverclyde clubs. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Of course the boring 1-0 was my local game. It was competitive and technical. Not much between the 2.

Will be interesting next weekend when both play outsiders for first time.

8 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Oh it's gonna be like that is it. Well not to worry I will be giving you plenty of opportunities to put me right.😁😁

Before the weekend I was concerned for West Park after every player flitted to Candyland; but hoped it would be ok.

Don't care about the Tribute Act, kudos to whoever came up with that.

No info on Greenock but imagined they would be competitive.

Kello was the shocker did not see that coming but again no knowledge of Port. 

Don't know anyone associated with the Inverclyde clubs. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Of course the boring 1-0 was my local game. It was competitive and technical. Not much between the 2.

Will be interesting next weekend when both play outsiders for first time.

Perhaps the score at Port Glasgow was a shock, but wouldn't say the result was, just need to look at how the Rovers finished last season and how preseason has went for them not to be surprised.

That said they were missing a lot of players yesterday, so much so they had 2 from  management and a trialist just to help fill the bench up.

The money isn't there to splash about so it might be a long hard season for them, best wait for a few more games and then we'll get a better take on the situation.

1 hour ago, outsider said:

Perhaps the score at Port Glasgow was a shock, but wouldn't say the result was, just need to look at how the Rovers finished last season and how preseason has went for them not to be surprised.

That said they were missing a lot of players yesterday, so much so they had 2 from  management and a trialist just to help fill the bench up.

The money isn't there to splash about so it might be a long hard season for them, best wait for a few more games and then we'll get a better take on the situation.

From what I'm hearing , quite a few teams had a lot of players missing in the WOSFL, either suspensions or some still on holiday and think things will settle down in a few weeks time when all teams will have everyone back

2 hours ago, outsider said:

When there is 0pts between top and bottom, make no mistake I will be gloating. 😊😊

I was coming from the angle of there being no outstanding teams and no real poor teams in the division.

It's still holiday time. Kilsyth A. had 8 of their squad away on hols yesterday. Pretty certain other teams would have had similar. Next few weeks could throw up some oddball scores. Of course I'm probably talking pish again. 😁😁