First Divison 23/24

42 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

A bit over the top, no? It's a bit of fixture congestion, not an invitation to fight to the death. 

There has now been another 2 games postponed on 22nd April and 24 th April to allow the semi final to be played. League has to be finished on 11 th May when are the 2 games  going to be fitted there is no spare dates. What if Shotts happened to beat Darvel final is on 28th so game on 27th possibly would be postponed and possibly the 30th as well🤷‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

League has to be finished on 11 th May

Says who? Last year the season continued for another two weeks, and other leagues continue after that date (which is only for the Premier Division to crown a champion for the LL play-off).

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Says who? Last year the season continued for another two weeks, and other leagues continue after that date (which is only for the Premier Division to crown a champion for the LL play-off).

The league have 

57 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://www.sba.teamexpert.co.uk/fixtures/1025

Some early, confidence boosting results needed before a torrid run in. 4 games in a week at one point.

Just looked at the run in, ffs,  against mostly top teams fighting for promotion.  I don't think Shotts will do it but i would like to see them go up

42 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

There has now been another 2 games postponed on 22nd April and 24 th April to allow the semi final to be played. League has to be finished on 11 th May when are the 2 games  going to be fitted there is no spare dates. What if Shotts happened to beat Darvel final is on 28th so game on 27th possibly would be postponed and possibly the 30th as well🤷‍♂️ 

I get that - the congestion is far from ideal but I'm not sure it's going to lead to anything more serious than a lot of games in a short period of time. 

Edited by Dean Learner

6 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

I get that - the congestion is far from ideal but I'm not sure it's going to lead to anything more serious than a lot of games in a short period of time. 

Players welfare for starters they have day jobs as well. Trying to recover and rest from previous games. If the league want to be professional then it needs to be correctly addressed for all clubs for this senario happening. It happened last year and league was extended it might not suit all understandably but that is not the answer

3 hours ago, timeforchange said:

The league have 

Surely could extend league by 1 week to 10 days to allow likes of Shotts and Newmains to fit their games in so not playing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday or worse from now until 11th May. Need some flexibility below the Premier when no play off date from First Division to Third Division with our weather and pitches.

Probably a good idea to give likes of Shotts and Newmains more home games before November next season. I know it's a minefield!

22 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Surely could extend league by 1 week to 10 days to allow likes of Shotts and Newmains to fit their games in so not playing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday or worse from now until 11th May. Need some flexibility below the Premier when no play off date from First Division to Third Division with our weather and pitches.

Probably a good idea to give likes of Shotts and Newmains more home games before November next season. I know it's a minefield!

I'm positive the fixture secretary will have some flexibility with fixtures.
The only thing the SFA and SPFL care about regarding the tier 6 and below, WOSFL etc... is that the champions of the premier league are confirmed to make sure there aint any delay for the playoffs

On 07/04/2024 at 16:22, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Can I just say, I looked at the updated league again and think, scratch that, I haven't a scooby, except Drumchapel will go up

div 1.PNG

According to the league standings at present only 4 teams could manage 60 or more points, 6 teams could get 55 or more. At this point that's 10 teams who could in theory still be said to be in the mix for promotion. Shotts Bon Accord could lose 4 or 5 games and still get promoted with them having a possible 72 points up for grabs.

Possible points 

Shotts Bon Accord 72

Drumchapel 67

Johnstone Burgh 63

St Roch's 60

Ashfield 59

Blantyre Victoria 58

Petershill 57

Rutherglen Glencairn 56

Kilwinning Rangers 55

Thorniewood 55

Edited by PossilYM

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

According to the league standings at present only 4 teams could manage 60 or more points, 6 teams could get 55 or more. At this point that's 10 teams who could in theory still be said to be in the mix for promotion. Shotts Bon Accord could lose 4 or 5 games and still get promoted with them having a possible 72 points up for grabs.

Possible points 

Shotts Bon Accord 72

Drumchapel 67

Johnstone Burgh 63

St Roch's 60

Ashfield 59

Blantyre Victoria 58

Petershill 57

Rutherglen Glencairn 56

Kilwinning Rangers 55

Thorniewood 55

I'd just go with that. Have a lovely close season and see you all in the Premier.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd just go with that. Have a lovely close season and see you all in the Premier.

Big task to maintain the same level of performances when your playing 3 times a week. I'd have Drumchapel , Burgh & yourselves going up but would be surprised if the amount of games don't catch up on you.

27 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Big task to maintain the same level of performances when your playing 3 times a week. I'd have Drumchapel , Burgh & yourselves going up but would be surprised if the amount of games don't catch up on you.

I'm well aware having been there and not done it before.

4 hours ago, lokforever said:

image.thumb.png.2fe267a71068bc13afb98f78ef092261.png

In the February/March that season it was obvious Shotts were going to have huge problems with the run-in, so they asked Glencairn if they would agree to the as yet unscheduled league match at New Southcroft (was it still called that at the time?) being played midweek under their lights, before the life-sapping set of fixtures were due to kick in.

After all, Shotts had done them a massive favour in their match at Hannah Park, getting four players sent off in a surprising 2-0 defeat. Just kidding!

That was also the match that contributed massively to the park being unplayable for the rest of that winter and, in hindsight, ref Derek Crothers might have done better to call it off. Wishful thinking obviously.

Anyway, the Glens didn't see matters in quite the same light (as is and was their right) and felt unable to help out. Unfortunately, you just knew right then that the final match of the season would be at Rutherglen and Shotts would be looking for the points to lift the championship but the Shotts players had nothing left to give that night, the game finishing 0-0, to the delight of the men from New Cumnock.

De verdad ya no tengo rencor.

Premier league fixture pp again for the second time in as many weeks, shows how difficult it is to get games on with the weather we have had this season. Think its the 5th time Dundee had a game off this season. Farcical the league hasnt been extended a couple of weeks. 

Johnstone Burgh 2 v Thorniewood United 2 at the K Park in East Kilbride. 

EK scored in the 89th minute.

Again there was lucky to be a 100 people there. Even the neutrals gave up on this one.

Johnstone Burgh possible points total drops to 61 pts. Few outliers on the promotion front watching closely for any sign of those above them dropping points.

Thorniewood United now on 53 possible points. Thought they were unlucky not to walk with the 3 points.

On 09/04/2024 at 01:41, PossilYM said:

Possible points 

Shotts Bon Accord 72

Drumchapel 67

Johnstone Burgh 63

St Roch's 60

Ashfield 59

Blantyre Victoria 58

Petershill 57

Rutherglen Glencairn 56

Kilwinning Rangers 55

Thorniewood 55

St. Roch's can only get to 58 points. On 34 just now with 8 games to play.