Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Scenes when they make an arse of this, finish 3rd, and get pumped in the playoffs 😀

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Scotland national team players and staff.

Do England even have a playoff fallback?

I think you might be trying too hard, here.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

For a squad that is performing to an excellent level it is really disappointing to hear McGinn trotting out the usual shite of "only our wee country...." can f**k this up.

It tells you that kind of shite is still in the players heads despite how they are performing and the results they are producing, now. 

That historic attitude needs to get to f**k. 

There is precisely zero evidence that this is remotely in the players' heads.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Those Scotland shirts have been spotted on a few recent away trips. Never in a size smaller than a XXXL.

Football tops make your averagely built middle aged man look like Mr Blobby, it doesn't surprise me that other men of taste precede me.

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Apart from the fact he said it.... I presume from inside his head. Why did he even think it? But apparently, he didn't. 

I was more worried by Tierney trying to show off by making a fool of a Cypriot player, fucking it up and then giving away a shite pass in a dangerous area. Humility doesn't bother me, cockiness would. 

37 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Apart from the fact he said it.... I presume from inside his head. Why did he even think it? But apparently, he didn't. 

It made me feel uncomfortable too, but I actually think McGinn was trying to laugh at that old attitude. He just didn't really deliver or word it particularly well (compared to his usual sparkling bantz)

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Playing it down/stay focused/get the job done etc isn't the same as "only our wee country could mess it up from here".  Aye? what a great way of thinking. As the saying goes, in the fucking sea with that crap. 

Only a very sad individual would get exceedingly upset at a post match comment made by a player who has been part of a squad that has won the last 11 qualifying matches. Dear oh dear. 

I would love to see what shite you come up with immediately after playing 83 minutes in very warm conditions at 5-a-side never mind for your country. 

7 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Spain appear to have found their rhythm again - the Nations League win and the Georgia game last night show that. Taking nothing away from our top performance against them at Hampden, Spain were both off-form and played a weaker side than usual against us because they underestimated us.

We have the ability to go and get a result, but it's far from likely, if Spain can keep the momentum up.

For once tho things are in our favour, spain absolutely must win this game whereas we don’t and I think that will suit us especially as we will almost certainly set up defensively to hit them on the counter

bye bye spain

Sorry folks, what's the thoughts on this thread? Book flights to Frankfurt and figure it out if/when we qualify and we know fixtures? I'm keen to do so but would rather do it knowing that a ton of us are gonna be in the same starting city. Seen Frankfurt mentioned a few times..

Edited by Khomini

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but with regards seeding for the finals, how does it work? I've seen/read contrasting claims.

It it just simply all the teams who qualify through the 'usual' qualifying method using purely number of points gained in qualifying, or does winning the group take precedence for a higher seeding?

10 hours ago, Khomini said:

Sorry folks, what's the thoughts on this thread? Book flights to Frankfurt and figure it out if/when we qualify and we know fixtures? I'm keen to do so but would rather do it knowing that a ton of us are gonna be in the same starting city. Seen Frankfurt mentioned a few times..

My group have booked flights to Frankfurt and got accommodation with free cancellation in a few different cities that we will whittle down once the draw is made and we know where we’re playing.

10 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but with regards seeding for the finals, how does it work? I've seen/read contrasting claims.

It it just simply all the teams who qualify through the 'usual' qualifying method using purely number of points gained in qualifying, or does winning the group take precedence for a higher seeding?

Winning the group takes precedence.

So basically there’s an overall ranking table of all 53 nations. 1-10 are the group winners (ranked by points, GD and GS with matches against the 6th placed team ignored in the bigger groups). 11-20 are the second placed teams and so on and so on

At the moment we sit proudly in 1st place right at the top of this. We have the same 15 points as France and both +11 GD, but we’ve scored one more than them.

Pot 1 will be Germany as hosts plus the teams that finish 1-5 in the overall table.

Teams 6-11 in the overall table are pot 2 (i.e., five worst group winners and the best runner up)

Pot 3 are teams 12-17 (2nd best to 4th worst runner ups)

18-20 (three worst runner ups) go into pot 4 along with the three playoff winners