Titanic II

One upside of this is the new slew of theories about "what's under the oceon" making noises.

Every time anyone ever listens to the ocean underwater theres sounds, nobody can explain them and all sorts of monsters get blamed, then they discover it was just the sound of waves.

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

On the lack of sympathy issue - These billionaires have wealth beyond the dreams of avarice. They could have used it to save dozens, if not hundreds, maybe thousands of people's lives without the slightest inconvenience themselves. There are countless ways in which they could've made the world a better place, even if it was just making daily life pleasanter for the employees who created their wealth. Instead, they spent it on their own needless and trivial wants. Much like Michael Jackson spending millions on funfairs that only he could use, these twats were selfishness and greed personified.

I'm with the 'Counterpoint' guy from Airplane quoted upthread. f**k 'em. 

Michael Jackson didnt build the funfair just for himself.

I don't think any of the videos doing the rounds of railway tankers imploding really convey what a sudden and violent act the implosion would've been. Like dropping an anvil on an egg. 

12 hours ago, PaddyCapri said:

Some really low posts on this thread.

We're talking about human beings here.

We shouldn't have gone that low but then again neither should the submarine 

17 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I don't think any of the videos doing the rounds of railway tankers imploding really convey what a sudden and violent act the implosion would've been. Like dropping an anvil on an egg. 

Saw this a min ago describing the implosion of a sub.

20230623_153322.thumb.jpg.7e7ec0c33bd8b46da1c6ce3c325729c8.jpg

RIP billionaires and RIP the "How would you come out of the submarine if you got saved? " tweet quotes.😪

5 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Saw this a min ago describing the implosion of a sub.

20230623_153322.thumb.jpg.7e7ec0c33bd8b46da1c6ce3c325729c8.jpg

RIP billionaires and RIP the "How would you come out of the submarine if you got saved? " tweet quotes.😪

An act of such violence that we struggle to comprehend it. 

QI repeat on Dave tonight had a round about a really crappy British submarine from the First World War.

Then later on they got the contestants to karate chop a length of wood, with a big sheet of paper holding the other end down because of air pressure.

Somebody not paying attention...

Getting the timing right would be the biggest issue (ie having led a full live and knowing there’s not much more to give) but I reckon that’s the way to go. Crushed to death in a millisecond and not knowing one damn thing about it and also no remains to be burnt/buried, therefore depriving some deviant undertaker of having their wicked way with me. 

42 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Getting the timing right would be the biggest issue (ie having led a full live and knowing there’s not much more to give) but I reckon that’s the way to go. Crushed to death in a millisecond and not knowing one damn thing about it and also no remains to be burnt/buried, therefore depriving some deviant undertaker of having their wicked way with me. 

Quick and painless. Unlike watching Arctic Monkeys at Glastonbury.

To add to everything else, OceanGate is alleged to have bought their carbon fibre second-hand from Boeing on the cheap, because it was too old and stressed to be used in aircraft (pressure differential 0.7 atmospheres) and he then put it in his deep sea submarine (pressure differential 400 atmospheres). Stockton Rush seems to have been an absolute weapons-grade fuckwit of the highest order.

https://www.insider.com/oceangate-ceo-said-titan-made-old-material-bought-boeing-report-2023-6?amp

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Stockton Rush seems to have been an absolute weapons-grade fuckwit of the highest order.

100%. He seemed to cut a lot of corners and there seems to be next to no regulation.

I still find it bizarre that people would pay so much to go into that thing.