Weirdos

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was at the Royal Highland Show yesterday, it’s a grea family day out. My boy loves all the machinery and animals and there are loads of good stalls and the big wheel etc. enjoyable day, a bit sunny for this country though!

My son loves machinery and trains and when we were in holiday in England last year we saw a steam fair advertised so we got tickets and went along. Some amazing 19th century steam engines had been restored by enthusiasts, amazing skill and dedication. Some pretty odd people there - loads of guys with the steam engine they clearly love more than anything and long suffering wives in tow. There was also a section for historical re-enactment people, majority of whom were dressed as SS officers. That’s a pastime that needs a mandatory register.

image.jpeg.001cf745c62bde5dfd3733749d3eea3b.jpeg

On 24/06/2023 at 13:35, Venti said:

Dressed up as a chick (actual bird) for a play at Elementary school when we were in the US.

Still think I'm due therapy for it.

image.png.bb16056f3a6884651c61763d66e0dcce.png

17 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I quite enjoyed the Pride event and the Windrush exhibition. 

I've also outed myself as a Weirdo I realise. 

A few years ago a Windrush exhibition would've  been watching them get rounded up and sent back.

"Never mind, there's a medal, I promise you can stay now".

On 24/06/2023 at 22:24, tamthebam said:

Classic car rallies: Ma da' had one of them. But rustier. OK

Our recent visit to the National Botanics co incided with an MG owners meet in the car park. One of the patrons, who was a cross between mr Burns and Hans Moleman, almost ran over my daughter because he apparently didn't see either her or the zebra crossing she was on. Classic Car meets are out for me, with all due respect to Mr Thebam senior. 

On 24/06/2023 at 14:01, Central Belt Caley said:

Studying computer science at uni I have many anecdotes of people who’d typically be classed as “a weirdo”. Some of the shit they done or said still makes me laugh so keep them all I say 

On 25/06/2023 at 15:15, Cosmic Joe said:

I quite enjoyed the Pride event and the Windrush exhibition. 

I've also outed myself as a Weirdo I realise. 

The one thing that 13 years of this government has taught us (and I say this as someone who lived through the Thatcher years) is that people with different ideas and opinions are to be celebrated - especially if it enrages the red faced gammonny types from Peterborough etc

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Saw this posted, and decided it must have been his mates winding him up…I hope…

IMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.ac806ebe7314d64972e061379e5a0e68.jpeg

Might have appealed to one of those pedantic apostrophe weirdos. (As I type this I just realise I've just implicated myself)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.economist.com/britain/2023/06/23/britons-love-country-fairs-why

10% of the UK population have attended at least one country fair or agricultural show each year.

There was a guy at our school infamously got pished in the outing to the Fife version. 

After emptying him out of the beer tent the teachers took it turns to wheel him about in a wheelchair, still singing and shouting the odds, before getting the bus back to Buckhind.