Betting on Championship

On 30/06/2023 at 16:57, Pens_Dark said:

It's not usually as simple as people make it out to be. We were lucky to go up last season, to put it bluntly, due to QP shitting the bed.

I fancy Inverness or PT to run them pretty close but ultimately I see them winning it in the end.

ETA - One thing is for sure though and that is the Championship will be the best league in Scotland again. 

True. The potential for heads gones and competitiveness give it the edge. 

Also, no bigot bros. 

On 30/06/2023 at 15:15, colliedug said:

I may be in the minority but I don't think Dundee Utd will win the league that easily after all they finished bottom of the league for a reason......

Would everyone be saying Killie or County would be a shoe in for the league if they came down automatically???

All that said I think Utd will win the league but not easily 

Given that we absolutely walked this division the last time we were down here I doubt that we would’ve struggled this time around.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McBookie's opening odds.

F0G765EWIAEiypI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Don't they know "the famous" have the most talented and exciting manager in the division!? 

In all honesty I'm a bit surprised that United aren't shorter than that and everyone else's prices are just guessing. 2nd to 10th could be any order

12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Don't they know "the famous" have the most talented and exciting manager in the division!? 

In all honesty I'm a bit surprised that United aren't shorter than that and everyone else's prices are just guessing. 2nd to 10th could be any order

Indeed.  Absolutely nobody had Ayr down finishing as 2nd but they lucked out with Akinyemi and it happened.

23 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Given that we absolutely walked this division the last time we were down here I doubt that we would’ve struggled this time around.

It would be really impressive work if you catch someone with this. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It would be really impressive work if you catch someone with this. Good luck.

I think I might have as I got a notification saying @HoBNob had replied but assuming it’s been deleted.

Although a similar line has worked multiple times before, there are quite a high volume of thick posters on here.

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McBookie's opening odds.

F0G765EWIAEiypI?format=jpg&name=900x900

A little surprised they offered that on Dundee United. Surely the betting on outright win will be heavily skewed to DU, and 6/4 seems a bit generous. Queen’s Park at 5/1 is stupid, so they are probably expecting a good amount of money on QP. Partick at 6/1 and Pars at 8/1 are also likely tailored to expecting decent money wagered so they didn’t have to offer higher odds (maybe 10/1?). Ayr/Raith/ICT all seem in the ballpark…you could argue for any one of them being 10/1 and the other two being 12/1. Morton should probably be in the 12/1 field…Airdrie and Arbroath make relative sense, but the Arbroath odds might be a wee bit long.

If I wanted to gamble, Raith and Morton would seem the best choices for possible return for money. If I was trying to make money, it’s DU, nervously.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

A little surprised they offered that on Dundee United. Surely the betting on outright win will be heavily skewed to DU, and 6/4 seems a bit generous. Queen’s Park at 5/1 is stupid, so they are probably expecting a good amount of money on QP. Partick at 6/1 and Pars at 8/1 are also likely tailored to expecting decent money wagered so they didn’t have to offer higher odds (maybe 10/1?). Ayr/Raith/ICT all seem in the ballpark…you could argue for any one of them being 10/1 and the other two being 12/1. Morton should probably be in the 12/1 field…Airdrie and Arbroath make relative sense, but the Arbroath odds might be a wee bit long.

If I wanted to gamble, Raith and Morton would seem the best choices for possible return for money. If I was trying to make money, it’s DU, nervously.

I got similar odds last year with Dundee initially and they weren't half quick chopping them in. Think these guys like the PR element of being out early  but reduce once the rest of the market appears

Genuine question as I'm not a betting man - if I put £100 on Morton at 16/1 right now, then we have a storming season meaning that the bookies gradually change the odds as the season progresses, will my bet still be honoured at the original 16/1 if the unthinkable miracle happens?

6 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Genuine question as I'm not a betting man - if I put £100 on Morton at 16/1 right now, then we have a storming season meaning that the bookies gradually change the odds as the season progresses, will my bet still be honoured at the original 16/1 if the unthinkable miracle happens?

Correct. When Leicester won the league a few people had them on to win the league at 5,000/1. 

If we're getting deep though, I don't know if there's a legal obligation for bookies to pay out on bets? However with a payout as low as yours it wouldn't be a hassle. 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Correct. When Leicester won the league a few people had them on to win the league at 5,000/1. 

If we're getting deep though, I don't know if there's a legal obligation for bookies to pay out on bets? However with a payout as low as yours it wouldn't be a hassle. 

A bet is a legal contract, so they must pay as long as you haven’t breached any of the terms of the agreement…the often voluminous terms. They refuse and you can take them to court.

17 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Only one way to find out, and learn from it win or lose money. Bet what you can afford