#Barclays 23/24

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

8 different scorers must be a first Shirley.

Even 6 or 7 probably was.

Liverpool had 8 different scorers in the 9-0 against Palace in 1989, shortly before football began in 1992.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neil Warnock is a bit of a legend down Sheffield way is he not? They should punt Heckingbottom now and get him in.

They'll still go down but they'll go down with a bit of fucking discipline.

Warnock is coming up on 75. In charge of this lot he'd be lucky to see 76.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neil Warnock is a bit of a legend down Sheffield way is he not? They should punt Heckingbottom now and get him in.

I am not a fan of Colin w****r but I do respect his abilities & Managerial acumen, this mob are  beyond even his help.

Still incredible that after getting promoted and knowing that they would struggle to get players in due to financial difficulties, Sheffield United decided to sell their 2 best players for peanuts, and then spend said peanuts on shite like Tom Davies.

This included selling one of these players to a direct rival in the league this year too.

Edited by GuyIncognito

Has there ever been a worse class of promoted teams in the Barclays?  I watched Luton v Wolves yesterday and any self respecting team would have beaten a fairly dreadful Wolves team who had to play the last hour with 10 men while today Sheffield United (who for some reason consider Wes Foderingham to be a Premier League caliber goalie) got absolutely horsed by a Newcastle team who are supposed to be struggling and Burnley lost to a completely dysfunctional Man United team 

Edited by senorsoupe

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tom Davies eh? Utterly mind boggling that he's still playing at this level. 

I was wondering today where he'd ended up. I'd have guessed half the countries in Europe before a Premier League side.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

They're supposedly willing to bring back the man who got angry at "lefties" in a press conference so that should sort this lot out. 

Just catching up with last night's MOTD2. As much as I think kicking Anthony Gordon should be a national sport, I'm bemused as to how VAR didn't even look at the trip on him in the penalty box.

Edit: add Nketiah's challenge on the Spurs keeper to that, a stick on red card imo.

Edited by peasy23

https://talksport.com/football/1577053/paul-heckingbottom-safe-sheffield-united-worst-home-defeat/amp/

United players must be thinking “what do we need to do, to get this boy sacked” Although on saying that, Southampton stuck with Hasenhuttl after their skelping by Leicester and they picked up enough good results to stay up for a couple of seasons. Be very surprised if Sheffield United do that though.