#Barclays 23/24

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

100% a cross.

I thought there was a 90% probability that he did mean to score. However, let's not overestimate the skill levels of "top level" players in the EPL. National treasure, Alexander-Arnold, put in some crosses in the earlier match that were 10-15 yards too deep for his team-mates in the penalty area.

19 minutes ago, Molotov said:

He’s not Andy Ritchie.

Perhaps before your time nonetheless. 

I’d say it was a cross. 

Premier League players (not all of them) have at least an equivalent technical level of ability as Ritchie did.

I'm not saying it was definitely a deliberate attempt on goal, but the case for it being a cross that got shanked 5 yards away from any credible target - from such close range, not 40 yards out at the touchline - is more questionable than 'he just saw the keeper off his line and scooped it over him'. That's the Occam's razor explanation. 

7 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

The highlight of the #barclays today has been ee using Bloc Party in their new advert imo

I heard 'So Here We Are' at half time but didn't look up from my phone. I take it that's what it was? 

I wasn't concentrating on the game there and had it on mute, but just happened to look up when the bald fan was on the side of the pitch berating the Man United players. For a couple of seconds I genuinely wondered why ten Hag was so far out of his dugout and what had annoyed him so much. 

56 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I wasn't concentrating on the game there and had it on mute, but just happened to look up when the bald fan was on the side of the pitch berating the Man United players. For a couple of seconds I genuinely wondered why ten Hag was so far out of his dugout and what had annoyed him so much. 

When was that? I wasn't paying much attention either. I saw the goals but mostly the game was on in the background. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

When was that? I wasn't paying much attention either. I saw the goals but mostly the game was on in the background. 

It was in second half stoppage time. I genuinely think the late reaction from security might have been because some of them thought the guy was a member of the coaching staff or something.