#Barclays 23/24

I'm surprised people are surprised that Arsenal bottled it.

It's surprising.

More surprising is thon Panda boy not backing down but indeed doubling down that Andy fucking Robertson is the best left back to ever play in English football.

Utterly obscene. When the panel get together to judge P&B's wildest quotes of 2024, there's strong, strong contenders in this topic, like.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Watkins is one of my favourite players in the league. I have watched him live twice this season at Villa Park, and his composure, movement and footballing intelligence are elite level.

He might miss out on the England squad because Toney is a better like-for-like replacement for Kane, but he couldn’t have done much more this season to stake a claim. 

Quite unsettling to read a sincere post from you in this thread. Do you still have that Newcastle season ticket?

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's surprising.

More surprising is thon Panda boy not backing down but indeed doubling down that Andy fucking Robertson is the best left back to ever play in English football.

Utterly obscene. When the panel get together to judge P&B's wildest quotes of 2024, there's strong, strong contenders in this topic, like.

Since 1992 when English football started he is easily one of the best.

Sports Bible ranked him number 2 behind Ashley Cole. So if anyone has a completely rational hatred of Ashley Cole then it seems fair enough. Luke Shaw, Nigel Winterburn, Greame LeSaux are in the top 10. It isn't a who's who of great players.

34 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's surprising.

Its really not that wild a shout if its EPL era only.

He's easy in the top 5 in that time. Maybe top 3?

The wildest shout Ive heard this season is Darren Bent suggesting Darwin Nunez for POTY. A genuinely baffling shout.

Edited by Jacky1990

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Since 1992 when English football started he is easily one of the best.

He'd just about be in and around the top 5, granted.

This is objectively the best players in each position in PL history 

Van Der Sar

No one - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole

Vieira - De Bruyne - Gerrard

Salah - Henry - Ronaldo

There's not been a right back worthy of being included. Please don't @ me with any 90s plumberball era frauds

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Van Der Sar

Salah - Henry - Ronaldo

There's not been a right back worthy of being included. Please don't @ me with any 90s plumberball era frauds

Don’t erm, blame me, blame, ach fcuk it.

0A5EE981-AD90-4377-BAA4-6C5697DBE12A.png

40 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Patrice Evra 😂

Never watched Irwin but can guarantee you was shite as well considering he played I the plumberball era

Irwin was sound and Roy Keane's favourite.  He also had Giggs in front of him and played to suit that.  A very good pro and could play either side.  I just cannot take to Evra and so am non-receptive as to whether he was any good.

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Van Der Sar

Salah - Henry - Ronaldo

Gerrard has played right-back, from memory and was very decent.  Gary Neville was like a fan on the pitch, but one who could play.  Lots of good Republic of Ireland right backs e..g Gary Kelly, Steve Finnan etc.  I can't have Ferdinand.  Think he is over-rated.  Cole with Robbo as sub!

Irwin was outstanding and could easily be put at right back even he though he predominately played on the left. I was at an event a while back where SAF was speaking and he said that he was the one certainty to get in his best Man United team.