#Barclays 23/24

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Nice dive.

It's smart enough to win the pen, Had havertz moved the direction of his leg then defiantly no pen,   but just dragging it to make sure of contact I think its given,  even if on field decision was originally no penalty.

Just now, parsforlife said:

It's smart enough to win the pen, Had havertz moved the direction of his leg then defiantly no pen,   but just dragging it to make sure of contact I think its given,  even if on field decision was originally no penalty.

It's never a penalty, he's already in the process of falling over before the "contact" is made. It's disgusting that this is now normalised and even praised as being "clever".

Never a penalty. He's going away from goal and is actively attempting to initiate contact.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's never a penalty, he's already in the process of falling over before the "contact" is made. It's disgusting that this is now normalised and even praised as being "clever".

Now normalised? 

Larsson and Petrov where being praised for their "football intelligence" 20 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Now normalised? 

Larsson and Petrov where being praised for their "football intelligence" 20 years ago. 

I think I remember Paul Lambert saying he felt contact so went down when he won a penalty against Dunfermline way back then. I couldn't believe it at the time as I didn't think he was like that.

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think I remember Paul Lambert saying he felt contact so went down when he won a penalty against Dunfermline way back then. I couldn't believe it at the time as I didn't think he was like that.

I could never understand a word the mumbling weedgie said. 

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Surprised Lambert could feel anything after Albertz smashed his teeth in.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

But it is the norm and we should have a reasonably consistent judgement of incidents.  Do I like penalties being given for this sort of thing? no,  we need far fewer penalty's given as a whole,  but that's a question for the law makers, not individual refs,  and players naturally will and should push the laws to the absolute limit for the benefit of their teams. 

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Aye, there was f**k all contact aswell. 

About 2:30 in. 

Ab

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Never a penalty. He's going away from goal and is actively attempting to initiate contact.

"Going away from goal" is totally irrelevant on whether or not it is a penalty.

Your "contact" point is arguable too.  He didn't stick his leg out to the side to unnaturally make contact.  He chose to run his line, keep his feet on the ground and not hurdle the keeper which led to the contact.

I can see why the penalty was awarded.......but also why it will stick in some throats.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, there was f**k all contact aswell. 

About 2:30 in. 

Ab

A non existent penalty and an offside goal? Some things never change...