#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

not in the current guidance which says on the boot is a yellow, any contact above the boot is a red. Which is why Romero went off. He put his studs into the shin, therefore a red card.

On the boot when tackling with one leg maybe, but he is off the ground and out of control with both feet. Dangerous = red.

Edited by peasy23

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

not in the current guidance which says on the boot is a yellow, any contact above the boot is a red. Which is why Romero went off. He put his studs into the shin, therefore a red card.

Is that genuinely the case?  Seems a bit arbitrary. 

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

This is by far the most entertaining #barclays game I’ve seen in ages. Hopefully they all just lose the run of themselves and start kicking f**k out of each other

This.

It would be a real shame if there was an outbreak of football in the 2nd half.

16 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Link to this guidance please. 

5 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I don't see how that's any easier, or what it achieves. You'd have fans making flippant comments about goals being disallowed for belly buttons being offside.

The constant moaning about 'toenails being offside' etc is just ridiculous to me. By definition offside needs to have a cut-off point. You can play about with the cut-off point forever more but we're still going to have the same amount of borderline decisions and people being called offside for being marginally ahead of the cut-off point, because that is the nature of the law.

Well if there is clear daylight between an attacker and a player then they would have to be well in front of them. I think that would be easier for refs to tell quickly if they are on/off. Less borderline decisions.

You’ll never stop fans moaning so that doesn’t even come into it. 

16 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Well if there is clear daylight between an attacker and a player then they would have to be well in front of them. I think that would be easier for refs to tell quickly if they are on/off. Less borderline decisions.

You’ll never stop fans moaning so that doesn’t even come into it. 

By asking for clear daylight your just asking VAR to minutely detail where they can see a gap between the players,  so no difference to delay or borderline decisions.

What's worse is your asking defenders to play a player offside they need to risk giving them at least a yard maybe more advantage to get to the ball first.  They won't do that and will drop deeper to try gain that advantage back,  the striker will then stand a yard behind the defender in their new position until we have back lines refusing to go beyond their own 18 yard line,  its a terrible suggestion for football.

Edited by parsforlife