#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

23 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Chelsea gazump Liverpool to agree a deal for Caceido for £115 million

Bit disappointed at the lack of ‘game’s gone, this can’t last, bubble’s going to burst’ type posts that normally follow a record breaking transfer like this. 

6 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Tim Howard is on the box over here saying it’s not a penalty because keepers take out players all the time. If there was a small collision I could understand, but he fully wiped him out without getting anywhere near the ball

There were penalties given during the World Cup where a goalkeeper had come out to block a shot, missed the ball and then taken out the forward in his forward motion. 

Unless there are has been another obscure rule change since, I don't see how what happened with Onana was any different. 

Usually really enjoy watching MNF but they haven’t half made a dug’s dinner of it this season. Lot of changes for no purpose other than being seen as making changes.

Really don’t need a third person in with Neville and Carragher unless it’s a good special guest. Fair enough to get Karen Carney in if Neville isn’t available but felt very forced and uncomfortable.

As for the VR bit - wooft. Looked like shitty FM graphics and added no insight whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

If he had hair then Howard Webb would be tearing it out right now, at the prospect of having to defend the decisions of this band of incompetents for a whole season. 

Both he and refs chief Jon Moss apologised before the OT janny had locked the gates. Ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see Sky have started reporting on Fantasy stats during games aswell 😂

No different to them using stats from Football Manager to gauge players attributes. Both an absolute fucking embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Surprised they are allowed to take part in FPL at all, but this seems a bit iffy

Three Burnley players made Erling Haaland captain of their fantasy football teams

Two of them didn’t play and the third was an injury-time sub.

Total non-story unless people seriously believe players might throw a game to help their FPL team.

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Both he and refs chief Jon Moss apologised before the OT janny had locked the gates. Ridiculous. 

No different to them using stats from Football Manager to gauge players attributes. Both an absolute fucking embarrassment. 

From what I've read Football Manager does attempt to use a scouting system of sorts to determine stats. So for me that's somewhat forgivable.

100% agree with you regarding the increasing use and display of Fantasy league stats in match day coverage. Utterly pointless and this from someone who enjoys the fantasy league.

There's the admission they've fucked it up, then. The grovelling apology to Wolves will follow soon, I'm sure. 

I think that's harsh on the referee and the linesman, tbh. Particularly so on the linesman, who would've had an obstructed view of the incident. Referees will get things wrong and the whole idea of VAR is supposed to mitigate for these instances. VAR failed to do so here and the matchday officials are essentially being punished due to the VAR's failure. 

If VAR intervened and correctly awarded the penalty, there would be no negative consequences for the referee despite the initially incorrect call. But since the 'safety net' failed to deploy, the referee takes part of the hit on the incorrect call because someone else didn't make him review his decision. An absolute nonsense - there's almost zero chance this error would've seen the referee dropped in the days before VAR. 

The VAR is rightly being dropped since they had the benefit of multiple replays and angles to make an intervention and still did not. The degree of incompetence displayed is staggering.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

There's the admission they've fucked it up, then. The grovelling apology to Wolves will follow soon, I'm sure. 

I think that's harsh on the referee and the linesman, tbh. Particularly so on the linesman, who would've had an obstructed view of the incident. Referees will get things wrong and the whole idea of VAR is supposed to mitigate for these instances. VAR failed to do so here and the matchday officials are essentially being punished due to the VAR's failure. 

If VAR intervened and correctly awarded the penalty, there would be no negative consequences for the referee despite the initially incorrect call. But since the 'safety net' failed to deploy, the referee takes part of the hit on the incorrect call because someone else didn't make him review his decision. An absolute nonsense - there's almost zero chance this error would've seen the referee dropped in the days before VAR. 

The VAR is rightly being dropped since they had the benefit of multiple replays and angles to make an intervention and still did not. The degree of incompetence displayed is staggering.

It doesn’t say the linesman has been dropped?