#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Don't know why that was even reviewed.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That was really poor and weak from the VAR official to refer the referee to the monitor there. 

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Was it clear and obvious?? Naw. Get VAR in the bin.

It was given as offside on the field. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Ah, apparently the linesman belatedly gave it as offside. Sorry to the VAR official I just slandered. 

I had the sound off and was very confused, so I'm glad to hear that I'd have been equally confused with it on.

Just now, accies1874 said:

I had the sound off and was very confused, so I'm glad to hear that I'd have been equally confused with it on.

In my defence, it would have helped if they had either shown the linesman with his flag up or mentioned it at any point on the commentary. I did wonder why the referee had made the VAR signal if he was sticking with the on-field decision. 

The linesman initially “gave” the goal, because you can see him make a gesture towards the half way line.

Presumably, though, the referee thought he saw Silva in front of the keeper. He told the linesman who had seen Silva in an offside position, so belatedly flagged. 

There was a cheer from the Wolves fans immediate before the VAR review was announced.