Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Excuses for what? Settling down the team and making us hard to beat again instead of getting bodied every 2nd week

There’s no excuse for this though. It’s basics. No manager should have to ask how many subs he can still use. For me this just underlines the view I’ve always held about Coult - totally inexperienced but talks like he knows it all. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Paso said:

There’s no excuse for this though. It’s basics. No manager should have to ask how many subs he can still use. For me this just underlines the view I’ve always held about Coult - totally inexperienced but talks like he knows it all. 

So are you just going to ignore all the improvements that have been made over the last few months and slaughter another manager until they leave because the guy made a daft mistake?

Yes it was stupid but it’s hardly the end of the world, I don’t think people realise what he has to work with

Edited by Spyro

Mistake made, could have been avoided by the club and officials. Take it on the chin and move on. I’d rather not have to play again even if we forfeit 3 points but as has been noted the league have followed procedure. 

Agree 100% about Lewis. Not everyone is a fan but he’s dug us out a hole and we’re grateful. He’s now got his own team in place for next year, plus a few tweaks to come, and we’ll start next season in a much better place. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

this time of season with 0 to play for with both teams. could just be put through as a 0-0. save both teams expense wise and no risk of injury to any player.

I wonder if thats what everyone were hoping to do before the cat got let out the bag and everyone found out. 

I get the feeling someone jumped the gun making it all public when it was still being investigated . 

17 hours ago, Spyro said:

So are you just going to ignore all the improvements that have been made over the last few months and slaughter another manager until they leave because the guy made a daft mistake?

Yes it was stupid but it’s hardly the end of the world, I don’t think people realise what he has to work with

Could you clarify “slaughter another manager”? 

When you say “realise what he has to work with” I’m assuming you mean financially? If so, it’s surely no more or less than Hannah and Elliott had (albeit they didn’t stick around to use it)and McLiesh.

Look forward to seeing these improvements you speak of continue next season though. 

Crossgates Primrose are      RELEGATED   

200.gif?cid=790b7611dh4jhev7q3uw78x1w7kg467elhifptpipekn9jb7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

Crossgates 1-4 Haddington
Glenrothes 2-5 Dunbar
Luncarty 0-4 Jeanfield

Saturday 11th May
Hill of Beath v Inverkeithing
Luncarty v Hutchison Vale
Tynecastle v Glenrothes

image.png.0cbd8262787460dfe5708f79908eb1b5.png

Jeanfield were a class above Luncarty in every department last night getting revenge for the home loss at Riverside in March.

Its going to be a very close last day for the three teams trying to avoid the drop.

54 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Jeanfield were a class above Luncarty in every department last night getting revenge for the home loss at Riverside in March.

Its going to be a very close last day for the three teams trying to avoid the drop.

None of the clubs trying to avoid the drop have an easier game than the other two. Can Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts pull off a shock and pull down Glenrothes or Luncarty?

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

None of the clubs trying to avoid the drop have an easier game than the other two. Can Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts pull off a shock and pull down Glenrothes or Luncarty?

I am sure one of them will win on Saturday but as to who it is i have no idea.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Purely for selfish reasons (travelling distance), it would be good for Luncarty to go down.

However, out of the 3 grounds, for me, Luncarty is the best. In addition, they have impressed me most, out of the three of them, with their performances against Haddington. 

Does home advantage give give Luncarty over Glenrothes and The Swifts (both away)? 

Luncarty have got 18 pts at home, from 6 wins. Glenrothes have 10 pts away (2 wins/4 draws) and The Swifts also have 10 pts away (3 wins/1 draw).  So, that would point to an advantage to Luncarty, but on the final match day, who can tell?!

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Purely for selfish reasons (travelling distance), it would be good for Luncarty to go down.

However, out of the 3 grounds, for me, Luncarty is the best. In addition, they have impressed me most, out of the three of them, with their performances against Haddington. 

Does home advantage give give Luncarty over Glenrothes and The Swifts (both away)? 

Luncarty have got 18 pts at home, from 6 wins. Glenrothes have 10 pts away (2 wins/4 draws) and The Swifts also have 10 pts away (3 wins/1 draw).  So, that would point to an advantage to Luncarty, but on the final match day, who can tell?!

Think it may be as is come 5pm on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Blackburn went down last season on 30 points 😒  35 wouldn't have been enough to save us.

Kinnoull have been the only team cut adrift this year and they still got into double figures unlike Oakley and Vale of Leithen last year so most teams collected 10-12 points from those 2 sides. 

6 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Kinnoull have been the only team cut adrift this year and they still got into double figures unlike Oakley and Vale of Leithen last year so most teams collected 10-12 points from those 2 sides. 

We collected 9, but 12 wouldn't have mattered anyway.

On 08/05/2024 at 16:51, bobbydazzler said:

Think it may be as is come 5pm on Saturday. 

You'll just have to wait on the Pink news when it comes out on Saturday 👴🏻😳😉😆

3 hours ago, guinness said:

You'll just have to wait on the Pink news when it comes out on Saturday 👴🏻😳😉😆

Joking aside its superb that you can follow all the scores on the home page of the East of Scotland website as the goals go in.

Well done to who ever set that up.

8 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Joking aside its superb that you can follow all the scores on the home page of the East of Scotland website as the goals go in.

Well done to who ever set that up.

Yes it’s great to do that. Especially as a Brox fan this year when there was a lot at stake at most games.