Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

For most teams, there’s still  an awful long way to go and many points to be competed for.

No doubt shocks and surprises, injuries & suspensions will come into the mix.

Theres also the determination factor of the clubs hovering around the relegation zone.

Whoever wins the EoS Premier and it’s very much looking like the guys from Albyn Park, if they’re then successful in gaining promotion into the Lowland will no doubt fare successfully, as indeed most of the current top six teams in the Premier would also do. In ability terms, there's very little between most LL sides and the Premier. 
I don’t know the play off permutations, but I’m still assuming Broxburn will go up. The organisational setup at Albyn Park, the facility, the depth of squad and the financial ability all point in the right direction for a bright future. 

It’s getting close to the time when one of the arithmetic gurus writes which date the league will be won by. 

However, it’s not over until it’s over. 

Hopefully we all see some great games in the remaining matches and come out to support our local clubs. 

image.png.092639d0293a774e181bd462c22fa0b8.png

Broxburn rally from 0-2 down and could win title with a few furlongs spare at this rate.

Everybody in bottom 5 is showing signs of life except Kinnoull though Glenrothes and Luncarty both also lost today having led (unsure about Crossgates).

Dominant day for the upper half of the league with the top 8 all winning!

Cant see past Broxburn but top 5 is definitely up for grabs, with not much between a lot of teams. 

On 08/03/2024 at 07:41, platform 19 said:

I don’t know the play off permutations, but I’m still assuming Broxburn will go up.

They will beat the South champions in the play-off if Beith don't bottle it, but if they end up also playing a West team then I suppose they'll still have a chance having beaten Auchinleck earlier in the season.

On 08/03/2024 at 07:41, platform 19 said:

It’s getting close to the time when one of the arithmetic gurus writes which date the league will be won by. 

If Jeanfield drop 4 points (v Dunbar, Kinnoull, Musselburgh) before they play each other in four weeks time then a Broxburn win that day will seal the title (assuming they haven't also dropped points).

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

image.png.092639d0293a774e181bd462c22fa0b8.png

Broxburn rally from 0-2 down and could win title with a few furlongs spare at this rate.

Everybody in bottom 5 is showing signs of life except Kinnoull though Glenrothes and Luncarty both also lost today having led (unsure about Crossgates).

Two massive games for Luncarty next - Crossgates and Kinnoull. Get six points there and they’re in with a chance of staying up. 

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

If Jeanfield drop 4 points (v Dunbar, Kinnoull, Musselburgh) before they play each other in four weeks time then a Broxburn win that day will seal the title (assuming they haven't also dropped points).

Ooofft well worked out. And feasible that they may drop some points in those games. Broxburn have only one league match before the trip to Jeanfield... so it is a case of reaching business end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Ooofft well worked out. And feasible that they may drop some points in those games. Broxburn have only one league match before the trip to Jeanfield... so it is a case of reaching business end of the season. 

Don't forget about Mussleburgh. I think Broxburn will win the league when Jeanfield and Mussleburgh are playing each other 27th April.

I’d prefer Broxburn to just to concentrate on one game at a time and take care of their own results and forget what goes on elsewhere. It’s firmly in their hands so it doesn’t really matter what goes on elsewhere.  If they do that they will get their day.

Thought early yesterday there was a bit of a feeling of “we just have to turn up to win”.  That got a severe jolt from Swifts. 

It may turn out to be a good reminder for the rest of the season and the upcoming Cup-tie. 🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱

5 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Thought early yesterday there was a bit of a feeling of “we just have to turn up to win”.  That got a severe jolt from Swifts. 

I had that feeling too. Last match against them, scored 7 but it could have been more - one of our best attacking performances of the season. 

What yesterday showed was that even struggling teams in this league can hurt you if you're not properly switched on from the start. There are more challenging sides still to play, so hopefully a reminder to keep focused. 

On 10/03/2024 at 09:19, albynpark said:

Don't forget about Mussleburgh. I think Broxburn will win the league when Jeanfield and Mussleburgh are playing each other 27th April.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure thats the day for the Dunbar United match. What was that scoreline earlier on in the season?

Absolute goalfest at a very picturesque Brownlsnds Park where Luncarty beat Crossgates 5-3 in a relegation 6 pointer. Luncarty have Kinnoull next and winning that gives them a right good chance of staying up. Plenty of attacking football and chances in this one.

At 4-3, the Luncarty 'keeper made an outstanding save to keep them in front and then 5 minutes later they got their 5th with a wonder-strike* to make sure of the win

*ok it was complete fluke cross-cum-shot!

25 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Just out of interest, anyone know which league Jeanfield have nominated as their preference if they are promoted to tier 5?

AFAIK it doesn't work like that. The only route from the EOS is to the Lowland League.

The only way to get promoted to the HL is from one of the three northern Tier 6 leagues

Edited by Stag Nation

12 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

AFAIK it doesn't work like that. The only route from the EOS is to the Lowland League.

The only way to get promoted to the HL is from one of the three northern Tier 6 leagues

Thanks. It definitely works going the other way. Can't see the likes of Gala and Gretna (if they survive) being happy about having to travel to Perth for league games but sucks to be them in that case. 

9 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Thanks. It definitely works going the other way. Can't see the likes of Gala and Gretna (if they survive) being happy about having to travel to Perth for league games but sucks to be them in that case. 

Perth is about 20 minutes further than Cowdenbeath and from Gala it's less time than going to Broomhill (at Dumbarton) or most of the WOS clubs that could be promoted to the LL.

Not that either of them are going to be surviving much longer in the LL anyway.

49 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Gretna nominated SSFL.

On 17/03/2024 at 16:11, Stag Nation said:

If they wanted to, Jeanfield could switch to the Midlands League to have a route into the HL instead. Same goes for Luncarty and Kinnoul as Perth is a bit of a grey area between the two leagues. 

I'd be very surprised to see Jeanfield make that switch though.