Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

14 hours ago, The Faceman said:

If I was Glenrothes I would appeal the decision. 

If I was the player I would also appeal, if the player has the skill to do the job then is ageism not grounds for appeal 

It's in the league rules you have to be over 16.

There is lots of legislation in regards to minors. I remember playing amateur around 11 years ago we had someone who was just under 16 and they had to let him get changed on his own.

Like all divisions the Premier is a scheduling version of little bear's porridge with 50% of program completed as Christmas break arrives. 

Broxburn and Jeanfield likeliest to duel for glory: they meet by the Riverside on April 6th. Swifts will look to make hay next month with home games v bottom 3... first up a bumper Perth derby at New Year, on a weekend St Johnstone are now unoccupied.

Crossgates and 3 promoted sides contest the battle for survival?

State of play across southerly tier 6:

East of Scotland League     (30 games)
image.png.60919bdd1a48f9bb002f8ffea57495ab.png

South of Scotland League     (22 games)
image.png.1cdf26f2fd5aaacf9c0b51f88702bfa8.png

West of Scotland League     (30 games)
image.png.0a33085d170f968f76c912d1d442e736.png

SFA recently declared new licence applications will resume next year but not until June. Unsure if Beith - who are now looking at lighting - got in before Oct 2022.

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Like all divisions the Premier is a scheduling version of little bear's porridge with 50% of program completed as Christmas break arrives. 

Broxburn and Jeanfield likeliest to duel for glory: they meet by the Riverside on April 6th. Swifts will look to make hay next month with home games v bottom 3... first up a bumper Perth derby at New Year, on a weekend St Johnstone are now unoccupied.

Crossgates and 3 promoted sides contest the battle for survival?

Having played all teams either home and away, I would say the best two teams Haddington have played are Sauchie, then Jeanfield. Add Broxburn into the equation, as HJ indicates, I would be surprised if any team, outwith these three clubs, win the Premier League, come May 24.

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Having played all teams either home and away, I would say the best two teams Haddington have played are Sauchie, then Jeanfield. Add Broxburn into the equation, as HJ indicates, I would be surprised if any team, outwith these three clubs, win the Premier League, come May 24.

Think Sauchie might just have too much to do... they had quite a disastrous start to the season, but they have probably been our toughest game... they battered Broxburn for about 80 minutes, but somehow we got out with a draw. 

Haddington fan might not want to admit it... but Musselburgh aren't out of things yet, especially if they get the points from the games in hand.

From a Broxburn point of view, as tremendous as our season has been so far, we aren't actually pulling clear. Jeanfield have done very well staying with us. Once all games catch up, it could well be one heck of an end to the season!

11 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

From a Dunbar perspective, in my opinion, the best team we have faced this season has been Jeanfield. And that includes Alloa and East Fife! 

A really good footballing team. Don’t think you can count out any of the teams mentioned in previous replies regarding winning the league. Teams will have dips in form and purple patches in the second half of the season. They will also have to carry their luck with injuries and player turnover.

However, it’s proving to be another compelling season,  showcasing the strength and depth of the EOS leagues. 

1 hour ago, #DUFC said:

From a Dunbar perspective, in my opinion, the best team we have faced this season has been Jeanfield. And that includes Alloa and East Fife! 

A really good footballing team. Don’t think you can count out any of the teams mentioned in previous replies regarding winning the league. Teams will have dips in form and purple patches in the second half of the season. They will also have to carry their luck with injuries and player turnover.

However, it’s proving to be another compelling season,  showcasing the strength and depth of the EOS leagues. 

Ochh .....Alloa & East Fife..you're just showing off 😄

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

Jeanfield have been the best team in this league since they joined. It's scoring points consistently that they aren't very good at

Agreed! Said this a number of times.

I’m sure, in the year Bo’ness were promoted; that if COVID hadn’t curtailed the season, Jeanfield would have gone on to win the league. 

On 20/12/2023 at 10:02, Casey Jones said:

Agreed! Said this a number of times.

I’m sure, in the year Bo’ness were promoted; that if COVID hadn’t curtailed the season, Jeanfield would have gone on to win the league. 

No danger - HOB or Broxburn would have won it that season. Bo’ness were beginning to falter. 

The Broxburn team just now reminds me of that Bo’ness side. Maybe not the best in the league but very good at picking up points.

• 3 weeks later...

Broxburn managed to extend their lead at the top today with the Jeanfield match being frosted off. But seemingly out of nowhere, Hutchison Vale find themselves 2nd.... making next Friday night a top of the table clash at Ainslie Park. Could be a really good game under the lights.

Screenshot_20240106_183246_Samsung Internet.jpg

57 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Broxburn managed to extend their lead at the top today with the Jeanfield match being frosted off. But seemingly out of nowhere, Hutchison Vale find themselves 2nd.... making next Friday night a top of the table clash at Ainslie Park. Could be a really good game under the lights.

Screenshot_20240106_183246_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just thinking same Jordi👍 Hutchie have won 9 out of last 10 league matches, with Broxburn taking the 3 pts away from them. Could say at moment that they are the currently the team of the season, given they have rarely been as high in league in recent seasons. 

12 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Just thinking same Jordi👍 Hutchie have won 9 out of last 10 league matches, with Broxburn taking the 3 pts away from them. Could say at moment that they are the currently the team of the season, given they have rarely been as high in league in recent seasons. 

Didn't actually realise the run they'd been on. We beat them 4-3 at Albyn and it was a hard fought win for Broxburn that day!

Always just think of them as a side that will be near the bottom, but will give you a decent game and just about stay up! Looks like they've found a way to turn some of their strong performances into points.

Good to see them kick on and move upwards... but hopefully they have a little wobble on Friday night! 😜

Edited by Jordi1977

Dunbar 0-2 Musselburgh

No complaints yesterday. Feel that we probably deserved something at Olivebank earlier in the season but never created nearly enough yesterday. 

Musselburgh are a well organised team - robust at the back, with a lot of movement from their front line.

Actually don’t think there is much between them after watching both games this season but with Hendry out the team, Dunbar lack that cutting edge, which is a bit of a concern. 

Maybe that is an indication of how far we have progressed in the last 18 months and there is a real expectation now.