Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

12 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Crossgates having a clear out? 

The Graham brothers & Anderson away & Ritchie retired.

Crossgates have over achieved since the days of the conferences, with the latest news I feel this could be the year they drop out the Premier. 

Think the teams below them will now smell blood.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Crossgates have over achieved since the days of the conferences, with the latest news I feel this could be the year they drop out the Premier. 

Think the teams below them will now smell blood.

The Campbell brothers are a determined duo. Will be interesting to see if they strengthen or if they've pulled back a bit financially.

On 08/01/2024 at 18:43, leomessi1984 said:

Crossgates having a clear out? 

The Graham brothers & Anderson away & Ritchie retired.

Don't think the Anderson signing ever really worked out. On paper, that should have been a brilliant addition.

Shame to see Brian Ritchie retire; a decent goals/game return.

Not entirely sure how much Ross Graham featured in the last year or two but losing his brother Finn will be a blow. Always rated him in midfield, right from back in his days at the Pars.

17 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Don't think the Anderson signing ever really worked out. On paper, that should have been a brilliant addition.

Shame to see Brian Ritchie retire; a decent goals/game return.

Not entirely sure how much Ross Graham featured in the last year or two but losing his brother Finn will be a blow. Always rated him in midfield, right from back in his days at the Pars.

See Anderson has went straight to Broxburn which shows he's still well thought of.

Finn is a great player. Only briefly at Kelty in the LL but was class in his short spell. 

24 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

See Anderson has went straight to Broxburn which shows he's still well thought of.

Finn is a great player. Only briefly at Kelty in the LL but was class in his short spell. 

Hope Broxburn dont plan on playing a high line, Anderson the slowest player I have ever witnessed

1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

Hope Broxburn dont plan on playing a high line, Anderson the slowest player I have ever witnessed

He made his debut for us on Saturday... and we did lose a goal being hit on the break!! But definitely not down to him, more players being out of position questioning a ref decision! He looked fairly solid the rest of game and looked to get up and down a very heavy pitch pretty well... 

I see Liam Campbell has moved onto Blackburn - he'll do very well for them!

Sorry to see him go, I quite liked him as a player... but with a few new additions and him finding himself behind Miller in the squad, it does make sense.

What's everyones prediction on the teams who will get relegated this season? Glenrothes have been unlucky with injurys and obviously having the 3 points deducted did not help. Crossgates struggling massively and have cleared a few experienced players out. The two Perth teams look sure to go back down and will be hard to come back up with the likes of Boness, Armadale likely to get promoted to the frist division. 

On 29/07/2023 at 10:32, Blowin In the Wind said:

Looking forward to the start of the new season for a change. My prediction for this years title is shock horror Sauchie.  However from what I’ve seen Broxburn (my own team) May run them close. Best of the rest I think will be Jeanfield, Crossgates and Musselburgh.

To go down will be far harder to predict. Could be any 3/4 from 8. My pick for bottom 3 are Kinnoul, Swifts and HoB.

My early season predictions for the bottom end look pretty dismal. Top end were better (except Crossgates).

Think Luncarty or Glenrothes may survive at the expense of Crossgates.

22 hours ago, F00tball101 said:

What's everyones prediction on the teams who will get relegated this season? Glenrothes have been unlucky with injurys and obviously having the 3 points deducted did not help. Crossgates struggling massively and have cleared a few experienced players out. The two Perth teams look sure to go back down and will be hard to come back up with the likes of Boness, Armadale likely to get promoted to the frist division. 

Think there’s a question regarding how many teams will actually be relegated.

Edin Uniy now looking fav to fall out of the LL. I’m expecting them to come to EoS. 
So that takes the current 16 clubs to 17.

It then requires the round robin play off East/West/South and then the HL to be won by whoever wins the EoS league. If not,  surely going to be 4 clubs going down to maintain the 16 club division?

Think it’s more a question of how many are going down - three or four? 

4 hours ago, platform 19 said:

Think there’s a question regarding how many teams will actually be relegated.

Edin Uniy now looking fav to fall out of the LL. I’m expecting them to come to EoS. 
So that takes the current 16 clubs to 17.

It then requires the round robin play off East/West/South and then the HL to be won by whoever wins the EoS league. If not,  surely going to be 4 clubs going down to maintain the 16 club division?

Think it’s more a question of how many are going down - three or four? 

If Edinburgh Uni do come down and the league opt to Demote 4 it will then have a knock on affect for the leagues below. Demoting 4 from the premier league will then create an imbalance in the leagues below also.

it would require other leagues to demote 4 while only promoting 3, this would surely be more of an issue than just having 17 clubs in one league. as cant see many clubs being happy with this happening.  

will be interesting come end of season none the less to see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, F00tball101 said:

If Edinburgh Uni do come down and the league opt to Demote 4 it will then have a knock on affect for the leagues below. Demoting 4 from the premier league will then create an imbalance in the leagues below also.

it would require other leagues to demote 4 while only promoting 3, this would surely be more of an issue than just having 17 clubs in one league. as cant see many clubs being happy with this happening.  

will be interesting come end of season none the less to see what happens. 

The net gain or loss isn't a new thing. Everyone is aware of it as it gets explained what the permutations maybe at the beginning of the season.

18 minutes ago, F00tball101 said:

They may not be happy, but they knew the rules.

8 hours ago, platform 19 said:

It's Gretna v Ed Uni on the last day of the LL season, Uni 3 points behind but with a better GD at the moment so that could change. 

Or if Clyde stage a 5 point comeback in L2 and it's Forfar or Elgin who go down with EK going up, then no one gets relegated from the LL.

Or if unlicensed Beith or St Cadoc's win the WOSFL then it's likely the EOS winners go up when they play the SOS champions.

I think the bottom 4 teams currently look like the will be the bottom 4 for the season. All are just a little adrift. I know there are games in hand... but even winning all of these, they would still be behind and can't see them winning all!

Kinnoull and Luncarty look to be already away... they both had great seasons last season and have now had an idea of the standard a division up for if they want to build and go for it again. 

Crossgates and Glenrothes are left to fight over 3rd/4th bottom... and hoping it's a season where only 3 go down. I just think, with the slight clear out of players, that Crossgates will drop to that 3rd bottom place.

image.png.58a6d202ef06c72efdf5fc5d71572f7f.png

Looks increasingly unlikely Crossgates, Glenrothes, Luncarty and Kinnoull can manage more than fighting it out among themselves for 13th.

That said several head-to-heads are outstanding, in which somebody is guaranteed to take points:

Sat 03 Feb     Crossgates v Glenrothes
Sat 10 Feb     Glenrothes v Luncarty
Sat 17 Feb     Kinnoull v Glenrothes

Sat 16 Mar    Luncarty v Crossgates (on Groundhop)

no date yet   Glenrothes v Crossgates, Kinnoull v Luncarty, Luncarty v Kinnoull

If some of them can monopolise those contests and hit form then there are a lipsmacking 8 head-to-heads among bottom half in closing fortnight:

Saturday 27th April   
Dundonald v Penicuik
Glenrothes v Hutchison Vale
Hill of Beath v Tynecastle
Kinnoull v Crossgates
Luncarty v Inverkeithing

Saturday 4th May   
Crossgates v Dunbar
Hutchison Vale v Hill of Beath
Inverkeithing v Glenrothes
Kinnoull v Broxburn
Musselburgh v Dundonald
Penicuik v Sauchie
Tynecastle v Luncarty

Saturday 11th May   
Broxburn v Crossgates
Dundonald v Haddington
Hill of Beath v Inverkeithing
Jeanfield v Penicuik
Kinnoull
v Dunbar
Luncarty v Hutchison Vale
Tynecastle v Glenrothes

Looking at the table, the one thing Glenrothes have for them over the others in the bottom 4 is goals... so that may give them a slight advantage over the others and maybe get closer to the next group of teams.

Crossgates gave Broxburn a pretty tough match today, but once a couple of decisions went against them and they went behind their heads dropped a bit and what was a tight game turned into a comfortable winning margin... not the sort of form for Crossgates to rally and get away from the bottom places.