Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

On 20/01/2024 at 23:09, Jordi1977 said:

Looking at the table, the one thing Glenrothes have for them over the others in the bottom 4 is goals... so that may give them a slight advantage over the others and maybe get closer to the next group of teams.

Crossgates gave Broxburn a pretty tough match today, but once a couple of decisions went against them and they went behind their heads dropped a bit and what was a tight game turned into a comfortable winning margin... not the sort of form for Crossgates to rally and get away from the bottom places.

Its certainly going to get close, i don't think its quite looking at who can edge it to 13th between Glenrothes and Crossgates. If either team hit form ( not looking like crossgates anytime soon) then they can sneak above the likes of swifts or Tynecastle who aren't out of reach. 

If Glenrothes can sure up the defence particularly a gk, e im sure they can start getting more consistent results, having had some good results earlier in the season i dont think they are far away from getting a run of games going. 

Interesting and perhaps telling day... at times Broxburn behind and Jeanfield ahead, equally Glenrothes were winning with Hill of Beath and Tynecastle losing; in end Broxburn extend lead, and gaps from bottom mostly widen.

image.png.30a8aa5afab64ca0246cb6439bdb6e10.png

image.png.a93fe47bae24a94913c623f335dea598.png

Kinnoull visit HV tomorrow.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting and perhaps telling day... at times Broxburn behind and Jeanfield ahead, equally Glenrothes were winning with Hill of Beath and Tynecastle losing; in end Broxburn extend lead, and gaps from bottom mostly widen.

image.png.30a8aa5afab64ca0246cb6439bdb6e10.png

image.png.a93fe47bae24a94913c623f335dea598.png

Kinnoull visit HV tomorrow.

Broxburn’s last 11 games are 3 versus top 6 and 8 against the bottom 9. But as we can see from the Jeanfield result today nothing will be easy 🇮🇩🇮🇩

Can’t see anything other than a Broxburn league win now, best team in the league this season.

Sauchie must be only team in scotland worse than Celtic at penaltys.

Some turn around for the Haws after last few seasons, amazing what a proper management team can do

10 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Can’t see anything other than a Broxburn league win now, best team in the league this season.

Sauchie must be only team in scotland worse than Celtic at penaltys.

Woaahhhhh less of that crazy talk! Still getting a bit dizzy at the heights we are at! If the main chasing teams (realistically Musselburgh and Jeanfield) start dropping points with their games in hand, then we look in a healthy position... but if they win them all and beat Broxburn in the return matches, it gets very very tight. 

The Sauchie penalty yesterday was, if I'm generous to the lad, woeful! The wife was concerned it might hit her (miles away, but she flinched)

11 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Broxburn’s last 11 games are 3 versus top 6 and 8 against the bottom 9. But as we can see from the Jeanfield result today nothing will be easy 🇮🇩🇮🇩

And other than 2 or 3 games, all Broxburn matches have been very close and other than the bottom 2 who look doomed, any of the others are gonna make it a tough match to get anything from... and one thing Broxburn seem to enjoy is making hard work of it!

9 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

And other than 2 or 3 games, all Broxburn matches have been very close and other than the bottom 2 who look doomed, any of the others are gonna make it a tough match to get anything from... and one thing Broxburn seem to enjoy is making hard work of it!

Broxburn have only lost 1 league match all season. Can't remember who it was against... :whistle

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2024 at 09:54, F00tball101 said:

The two Perth teams look sure to go back down and will be hard to come back up with the likes of Boness, Armadale likely to get promoted to the frist division. 

TBH I think both will be happier in the first than being in the Premier which with both not having too big a support has been a step too far.

Luncarty loss of the manager to Jeanfield and the departure of some of the better players alongside the focus being on the Scottish cup run has not helped in the first half of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

"Winter is over" for league.

image.png.a2e788426821a339f7d73195ee9e3110.png

Broxburn are on course for the championship unless Jeanfield can produce a sensation.

Luncarty and Kinnoull are gasping while Glenrothes and Crossgates scrap for 13th - they've still to meet at Warout - unless can reel-in Inverkeithing.

Paddy Power would already be paying out on Broxburn wining the league. Only 1 loss in 22 matches and probably would need to lose 3 or 4 of last 8 matches for Jeanfield to catch up. It’s not going to happen! They were close to going up in the year that Bonnyrigg did so hopefully this year, whether it is another set of play-offs, or straight up, I hope they do it this season.

Musselburgh dropping more points today really rules them out of the title now. So really looks like only Jeanfield can stop Broxburn now... if Jeanfield win their 4 games in hand AND beat Broxburn when the sides meet in Perth, then the lead is cut to 3 points which is doable. 

Jeanfield would need to have an almost perfect run in to the season... I see they have a couple of their Games in Hand scheduled in for midweeks in March... both against the bottom 2 sides. So Broxburn still definitely can't take the foot of the gas yet.

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Musselburgh dropping more points today really rules them out of the title now. So really looks like only Jeanfield can stop Broxburn now... if Jeanfield win their 4 games in hand AND beat Broxburn when the sides meet in Perth, then the lead is cut to 3 points which is doable. 

Jeanfield would need to have an almost perfect run in to the season... I see they have a couple of their Games in Hand scheduled in for midweeks in March... both against the bottom 2 sides. So Broxburn still definitely can't take the foot of the gas yet.

You sound like a really intelligent guy, perhaps an official in some capacity at Broxburn (not a slight!) and are saying the right things. But it would have to be a major catastrophe for your team not winning league and I just don’t see that happening. 

I think the manager of Musselburgh may regret saying (along the lines of) we need to stop dropping stupid points. Technically dropping any points are stupid, but no team has define right of thinking 3 pts is a gimme when playing ‘lesser teams’. I think Broxburn bought wisely at start of season. Getting Watt, Page and Turner (probably at a steal) from Penicuik has been a major plus. Look what’s happened, to a normally dependable Midlothian club this season AND how much of an improvement Broxburn are, compared to last season. The 3 of them, haven’t won the league on their own, for Broxburn, but will have played a huge part. 

Breathing space next week, due to cup ties, but, we’ll see if the doubt is still there, for some, as to champions, come end of March. 

6 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

You sound like a really intelligent guy, perhaps an official in some capacity at Broxburn (not a slight!) and are saying the right things. But it would have to be a major catastrophe for your team not winning league and I just don’t see that happening. 

I think the manager of Musselburgh may regret saying (along the lines of) we need to stop dropping stupid points. Technically dropping any points are stupid, but no team has define right of thinking 3 pts is a gimme when playing ‘lesser teams’. I think Broxburn bought wisely at start of season. Getting Watt, Page and Turner (probably at a steal) from Penicuik has been a major plus. Look what’s happened, to a normally dependable Midlothian club this season AND how much of an improvement Broxburn are, compared to last season. The 3 of them, haven’t won the league on their own, for Broxburn, but will have played a huge part. 

Breathing space next week, due to cup ties, but, we’ll see if the doubt is still there, for some, as to champions, come end of March. 

You flatter me too much! Definitely not an insider, just someone that doesn't like being too over-confident, especially when there are points to be dropped and knowing how good Jeanfield can be on their day (Elgin fans possibly still having nightmares)

There is no doubt, it's Broxburn’s title to lose. The consistency shown this season has been almost unprecedented. And I know points on board are better than games in hand... but for me, I'd be a little more confident if Jeanfield just went on to drop points in a couple of the games as they catch up on matches. As in theory, they can cut that lead to just 3 points (win all in hand, beat Broxburn). As tremendous a season as it's been for Broxburn, we're not (at least yet) as clear as currently looks when you factor in the games to be played. It would take some effort for Jeanfield, but as 2 of their 4 in hand are against the bottom 2, it's not impossible.

The new Management team have signed incredibly well since coming in... actually signed a midfield, rebuilt the defence and everyone that's come in has been an improvement. There have been so many wins/draws this season that last season would have been draws/defeats.

It's actually quite nice to have an actual scheduled week off next Saturday. This is where the extra games played can prove their worth. A week off to let the team refresh, while others have a cup tie and still league matches to catch up... but let's just wait to see how the table looks this time next month before I get too carried away!

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield 0-1 Luncarty

meerkat-hide.gif

Tantalising...

image.png.511ef3aae2460d9093d05f1b3e402594.png

It was just one of those nights for Jeanfield.

One of the biggest attendances ive seen at the Riverside under the lights, like most i expected a home win but Luncarty rode their luck a bit in the first half but were much more in it in the second.

The game became more end to end and you could see a goal coming.

Jeanfield had the ball in the net deep into injury time but the ref did blow for a free kick just before the ball ended up in the net

Big celebrations in the away dressing room as the fans queued to get out.

What an outstanding result tonight for Luncarty AND for Broxburn!

Went along to this one expecting a big Jeanfield win and while they had a lot of the ball and created numerous chances, the longer it went you just couldn't see it happen. Luncarty defended brilliantly and around the box gave Jeanfield minimal space. 

The start of the 2nd half was when most of the best chances came for Jeanfield, hitting the bar, the keeper making an excellent low save to tip the ball wide and a couple of woeful finishes blazing the ball over the bar. As Jeanfield wasted chances, Luncarty got a bit more confidence and completely against the run of play got themselves in front... the kind of finish that Jeanfield were crying out for. A big cheer when it went in, then a few minutes of silence as no one could quite believe it.

After the goal, Luncarty had some belief and played some nice stuff themselves. Jeanfield just had nothing going for them and were getting snippy with themselves, the officials and the opposition. 

This was not the Luncarty side that were turned over by Broxburn a couple of weeks back... they were solid, kept their shape, cleared the lines and thoroughly deserved their clean sheet and showed their hosts how to finish a chance to claim the 3 points.