Premier In: the EOS Premier Division 2023-24

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts are      RELEGATED   

Glenrothes will be RELEGATED if Broxburn Athletic lose to Dalbeattie Star in promotion playoff

200.gif?cid=790b7611dh4jhev7q3uw78x1w7kg467elhifptpipekn9jb7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

image.png.4ec234cc459238f4ae3f8d7387da84bb.png

Inverkeithing's spell of 4yrs in Premier ends.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Glenrothes will be RELEGATED if Broxburn Athletic lose to Dalbeattie Star in promotion playoff

200.gif?cid=790b7611dh4jhev7q3uw78x1w7kg467elhifptpipekn9jb7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

I wondered what that light orange bar where Glenrothes are is all about. How does that work? 

Edited by Scary Bear

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wondered what that light orange bar where Glenrothes are is all about. How does that work? 

Edinburgh Uni have been relegated from Lowland League as they finished bottom. They will drop to EoS premier.

If Broxburn lose to Dalbeattie, they won't be promoted... meaning 17 teams for EoS Premier. To maintain the numbers, next lowest side is relegated. This then has a knock on effect down the divisions.

2 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Edinburgh Uni have been relegated from Lowland League as they finished bottom. They will drop to EoS premier.

If Broxburn lose to Dalbeattie, they won't be promoted... meaning 17 teams for EoS Premier. To maintain the numbers, next lowest side is relegated. This then has a knock on effect down the divisions.

That would be 4 teams relegated from a 16 team league? Seems a bit mental when you have the play-off situation just to get into the Lowland League or up to the SPFL League 2. 

The EOS league structures seem a bit strange, with odd numbers of teams and that shrunken Third Division. I’m assuming the odd numbers in leagues is from teams folding?

I’ve only really taken a vague interest in the last couple of years, so I’m not up on the EOSL.

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That would be 4 teams relegated from a 16 team league? Seems a bit mental when you have the play-off situation just to get into the Lowland League or up to the SPFL League 2. 

The EOS league structures seem a bit strange, with odd numbers of teams and that shrunken Third Division. I’m assuming the odd numbers in leagues is from teams folding?

I’ve only really taken a vague interest in the last couple of years, so I’m not up on the EOSL.

Generally it's 16 team leagues. The bottom division has fewer due to lack of teams. The first division started with 16 teams... but ends with 15... RIP Rosyth. Although hopefully they can return.

To maintain numbers in this situation, the league has to either relegate a 4th, or deny promotion to a team from lower division. Generally the policy is not to punish success.

It happened to Dunbar a couple of seasons back... they were the 4th bottom and went down. Gutting for them at the time, but arguably gave them a reset and has made them a better side.

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Are you certain about 4 clubs potentially going down?

There used to be provision for the top division to go up to 18 clubs, for one season, if needs be i.e. if none were promoted to the Ll and 2 LL clubs were relegated to the EoS.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Are you certain about 4 clubs potentially going down?

There used to be provision for the top division to go up to 18 clubs, for one season, if needs be i.e. if none were promoted to the Ll and 2 LL clubs were relegated to the EoS.

I think 18 is only when the EoS gains two teams at the end of one season. 

On 08/05/2024 at 17:00, realmadrid said:

Kinnoull have been the only team cut adrift this year and they still got into double figures unlike Oakley and Vale of Leithen last year so most teams collected 10-12 points from those 2 sides. 

It’s not so long ago that Oakley were promoted as Conference B winners into the Premier. 

6 minutes ago, platform 19 said:

It’s not so long ago that Oakley were promoted as Conference B winners into the Premier. 

and now facing a 2nd relegation on the bounce, in fact there's still an off chance that the 3 teams relegated last year, could be relegated again this year.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzler said:

and now facing a 2nd relegation on the bounce, in fact there's still an off chance that the 3 teams relegated last year, could be relegated again this year.

Must be hard to accept for the ordinary supporter. When you’re up, you’re up. When you’re down - you just want it to stop. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2024 at 08:34, Scary Bear said:

It’s a 16 team division for a reason. The length of time required to play the games then factor in postponements and other external factors means headache time for fixtures sec plus players disappearing on holiday at the business end of the season. Theres potentially a significant number of various cup competitions to also be played. 
its not four relegated from 16 it’s a straight 16 whatever happens. Its sensible.

Whats not sensible is the Lowland league being able to hold everyone to ransom re entry qualification and the general playing standard of some of the clubs. Unfortunately it’ll take years to filter out those that aren’t up to standard. 

Edited by platform 19

On 12/05/2024 at 08:34, Scary Bear said:

Incidentally Glenrothes benefited from the same rule last year going up in 4th place in a 16 team league due to Linlithgow Rose being promoted to the Lowland league and Dalbeattie Star going to the South of Scotland meaning an extra promotion place in all 3 other leagues in the EOS

Its taken time to get to the current set up which started the season as 16-16-16-11 and due to Rosyth folding has ended 16-15-16-11 .

The plan from when the massive influx in 18-19 seem to be to get to something like we have now (with 3 divisions) and then the late entry of the West Lothian team in 2021-22 the new 4th level of teams was added. The covid seasons and 2 teams going to the wall has caused some extra movement 

In time it should balance at 16-16-16-? as 10 would seem as low a number as you could go for the 4th level and i cannot see too many new teams coming forward. There may however be a time when there are teams coming down from the Lowland league and the replacements are in the west which with the trickle down would boost numbers in the third division.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Incidentally Glenrothes benefited from the same rule last year going up in 4th place in a 16 team league due to Linlithgow Rose being promoted to the Lowland league and Dalbeattie Star going to the South of Scotland meaning an extra promotion place in all 3 other leagues in the EOS

Its taken time to get to the current set up which started the season as 16-16-16-11 and due to Rosyth folding has ended 16-15-16-11 .

The plan from when the massive influx in 18-19 seem to be to get to something like we have now (with 3 divisions) and then the late entry of the West Lothian team in 2021-22 the new 4th level of teams was added. The covid seasons and 2 teams going to the wall has caused some extra movement 

In time it should balance at 16-16-16-? as 10 would seem as low a number as you could go for the 4th level and i cannot see too many new teams coming forward. There may however be a time when there are teams coming down from the Lowland league and the replacements are in the west which with the trickle down would boost numbers in the third division.

I had it in my head that Glenrothes were neck and neck with Dunbar last year. I checked and see that I clearly don’t have great recollection.

Edited by Scary Bear

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I had it in my head that Glenrothes were neck and neck with Dunbar last year.

Dunbar finished with 63 points thanks to two late goals which denied Kinnoull a very unlikely title .

Kinnoull were runners up on 62 and Luncarty were 3rd with 60. Glenrothes were 2 points further back finishing with 58 and benefited from the league losing one member.

On 29/07/2023 at 10:32, Blowin In the Wind said:

Looking forward to the start of the new season for a change. My prediction for this years title is shock horror Sauchie.  However from what I’ve seen Broxburn (my own team) May run them close. Best of the rest I think will be Jeanfield, Crossgates and Musselburgh.

To go down will be far harder to predict. Could be any 3/4 from 8. My pick for bottom 3 are Kinnoul, Swifts and HoB.

Well now that the season is almost over went bad and had a look at my predictions for top and bottom. Not too bad apart from Crossgates who got relegated. Sauchie’s horrendous start put paid to them early doors. Hopefully Broxburn will do the business for the EOSL and an additional team will not be relegated.