Champions league 2023/24.

guinness

9 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

would hardly say she lost the plot.  She gave the penalty then reviewed it on the screen and correctly changed her mind.  This was an example of VAR working as it should.  Obviously the penalty that PSG got should not have been given

After reversing her decision she then gave the ball back to Copenhagen's keeper, which Tuchel was going mental about, even though the co-commentator said he was furious about the pen, he wasn't. He was saying we had the ball.

Then there was then an obvious handball she missed before deciding she'd had enough.

She had a good game overall but definitely had a head wobble in the last few mins.

I agreed with the penalty decision but after last night's penalty what is the point of VAR?

If one is a penalty and the other not then we might as well go back to the ref making an instant decision, absolutely no consistency with VAR which I'm guessing would be on of the reasons to having it.

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I hate Man U and want to see them lose in as comical a fashion as possible - but I don’t know why?  Is this common?

I think it's pretty common among people who grew up or got into football when Man U and their fans were lording over everyone.  I started watching in the late 90's when the games first started being shown on TV here in Canada and the bandwagon Man U fans were insufferable and the media were constantly fawning over them.  Beckham in particular I hated with a passion because of that

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Onana is horrific. I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing a top-level keeper make so many glaring individual errors leading to goals. 

Is he just one of these 'aye but he's good with his feet' goalies? Even when he saves it he likes to palm it out into the danger zone.

It's a myth that he is "good with his feet". He struggles in that department as well.

Rotten keeper.

I'm convinced Man United are run by the ghost of Jeremy Beadle.   You think they're about to turn a corner and they sign some utter jobber in either defence or in goals or both, and it sets them back a season.

A truly clown shoe outfit.

10 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

After reversing her decision she then gave the ball back to Copenhagen's keeper, which Tuchel was going mental about, even though the co-commentator said he was furious about the pen, he wasn't. He was saying we had the ball.

Counter intuitive as it may seem, that is the correct procedure for restarting play in this instance.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm convinced Man United are run by the ghost of Jeremy Beadle.   You think they're about to turn a corner and they sign some utter jobber in either defence or in goals or both, and it sets them back a season.

A truly clown shoe outfit.

It’s always one step forward and two steps back with them. 

They played some good stuff last night and all their goals were very good and it’s crazy they didn’t see the game out. They are lucky to have even one win from that group and it was hardly a group of death for them.

32 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Even I was cringing when Ferdinand and Savage were bigging them up at 2-0 last night. Will they never learn to just keep a lid on it? You just know they are always one free kick away from a disaster these days.

I mean, they're 2 of the biggest morons to have ever played the game.  Mind that fucking idiot Ferdinand when United beat PSG doing the whole 'Give him a 5 year deal and get him to sign it now' for Solskjaer?

On 30/11/2023 at 09:28, Salvo Montalbano said:

Counter intuitive as it may seem, that is the correct procedure for restarting play in this instance.

I didn't know that and am sure Tuchel didn't either.

• 2 weeks later...