Champions league 2023/24.

guinness

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

They didn't say a word about Kane assaulting Gabriel with a blatant deliberate elbow. Might have been a different story if his name was Heinreich Kuhn, right enough... 

Loathed as I am to defend him, dont think Kane does anything wrong there.

Sees the defender and goes to block him. Hes hardly flung an elbow at him.

I hate those things being fouls, let alone yellow and red cards.

55 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://x.com/11marcc/status/1777806311876350138?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

I watched the game and can’t even remember this happening. It obviously happened during a replay or something and there was zero mention of it. It is up there with one of the worst decisions I think I’ve ever seen.

i'm very suspicious of the clip being cut right as Raya plays the ball because obviously if the ball was rolling then he wouldn't have take a legal goal kick.

32 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Loathed as I am to defend him, dont think Kane does anything wrong there.

Sees the defender and goes to block him. Hes hardly flung an elbow at him.

I hate those things being fouls, let alone yellow and red cards.

He's slammed into him knowing his elbow is going to catch him. It's a red card. 

Kane is a dirty c**t and has been doing this kind of thing for years. You could make a compilation of him trying to topple defenders going for headers. It's a miracle the mouthbreather hasn't seriously injured someone yet 

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

He's slammed into him knowing his elbow is going to catch him. It's a red card. 

Kane is a dirty c**t and has been doing this kind of thing for years. You could make a compilation of him trying to topple defenders going for headers. It's a miracle the mouthbreather hasn't seriously injured someone yet 

Pish.

He's went to block the defender from challenging. Nothing more IMO.

Kane is a dirty, diving b*****d for sure. But dont think theres much in that at all tbh.

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://x.com/11marcc/status/1777806311876350138?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

I watched the game and can’t even remember this happening. It obviously happened during a replay or something and there was zero mention of it. It is up there with one of the worst decisions I think I’ve ever seen.

Genuinely mind-boggling that that wasn't given, and if what Tuchel said is true, the explanation the ref gave makes it even worse.

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m assuming it’s just the English pundits that reckon that’s a penalty. Quite blatant Saka throws his leg at Neuer there.

I watched it on Dutch TV and Rafael van der Vaart thought it was a penalty, he's clearly been on the Heineken ever since he hung up his boots.

On that "handball", it's entirely at the referee's discretion to determine whether the ball is in play or not. I think it's similar to a guy chucking the ball to a teammate to take a throw-in, or kicking the ball to someone else to take a free-kick, you wouldn't decide it was a foul throw or that the free-kick had been taken.

If the Bayern players were pressing them into the box there would be a clearer argument of Gabriel being at it, but instead it seems to me like he's just expecting to take the goal kick himself.

2 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

A bit of both. What is a velo army?

Cool. Mine is pretty long winded, but here goes.

The Jags have a song "red n yellow army" but the words don't fit the song so it sounds like "rello army". I'm a mad keen cyclist and Francophile. Velo is french for bicycle, of course, so it was a play on that.

Spanish football has totally conquered European competitions this millennium, not only have they won by far the most trophies they have the most quarter finalists this year again.

And even the holders, with a Spanish coach, a clutch of Iberian players, a style of play far more Spanish than 4-4-2, are the ultimate tribute act.

If you can't beat them join them.

Vive Espana.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

The Jags have a song "red n yellow army" but the words don't fit the song so it sounds like "rello army". I'm a mad keen cyclist and Francophile. Velo is french for bicycle, of course, so it was a play on that.

D'accord 😂👍

Saka should have been booked surely. In real time it looks like a penalty but you see his blatant move towards Nuer, so ridiculous as he would have scored if he didn’t deliberately trip up. 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

On that "handball", it's entirely at the referee's discretion to determine whether the ball is in play or not. I think it's similar to a guy chucking the ball to a teammate to take a throw-in, or kicking the ball to someone else to take a free-kick, you wouldn't decide it was a foul throw or that the free-kick had been taken.

If the Bayern players were pressing them into the box there would be a clearer argument of Gabriel being at it, but instead it seems to me like he's just expecting to take the goal kick himself.

It’s such a strange scenario. I definitely take the point r.e. whether or not the ball is actually in play, but given how quickly Raya was wanting to get the ball back in play last night his intention there is definitely to take the goal kick. I personally think the ball is in play, hence can understand Bayern’s frustrations totally.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Genuinely - before fully understanding football chants and how they work, some of which are nonsensical anyway and have a backstory e.g. Gerry Britton is the King of Spain - thought it was Regular Army for a long, long time.

Penny dropped eventually. 😐

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Genuinely - before fully understanding football chants and how they work, some of which are nonsensical anyway and have a backstory e.g. Gerry Britton is the King of Spain - thought it was Regular Army for a long, long time.

Penny dropped eventually. 😐

It's unintelligible and it took me eventually plucking up the courage to ask someone (about half a dozen games after I first heard it) what the f**k we were singing before I got it.