Huw Edwards

This has all been really peculiar from the start. Trying to imagine an alternate Nineties where Trevor McDonald was accused of paying a young man ludicrous money for naked pictures after sending him a photo of his bum, only for the young man to say it never happened and his maw's a liar.

Who tells their mother that they're sending naked pictures to an aging newscaster anyway? Nah, this is all some kind of bizarre April Fool, or a viral campaign to promote...hallucinogens?  :unsure:

I suppose at the end of the day we all have a little more knowledge. The Welsh don't just want to shag sheep.

The good thing is Harry Cole the political editor at the Sun, friend of Bozo and former partner of Carrie is getting it tight for his sleazy texting about school girls on twitter. If this has all been manufactured to take the heat of Bozo defying a court order to give up his phone will be the story not Huw Edwards underpants.

10 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I can't really get my head around why, in particular, any BBC employee would be so daft as to do anything like that given recent history.

There are certain things I can't do online because of my job, certain things I have to report including just randomly bumping into people in supermarkets, certain streets etc, so I can't fathom how someone with that profile can think they won't end up massively in the shit, even if they are just acting a bit irresponsibly rather than anything criminal. Boggles my mind.

I suppose I do understand the correlation between mental state and decision making, but even then, as far as I know Edwards wasn't in a perpetual state of depression, so there must have been times when he was fully aware of how foolish and ill-advised his behaviour was.

Mr Bean?

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

Who tells their mother that they're sending naked pictures to an aging newscaster anyway? Nah, this is all some kind of bizarre April Fool, or a viral campaign to promote...hallucinogens?  

It seems the maw is apparently less than happy at her wean having an only fans account or something similar and this was her attempt to stop it.

All backfired and now between her and The Sun seem to be responsible for putting someone with a history of mental illness in hospital and potentially ending their career after the first story published made out that they had committed a crime.

Hopefully this is the end of the road for the Sun. Not before time for a newspaper that printed nonsense and employs a political editor who tweeted about perving over school kids.

Anyone who bought the Sun or believed anything they printed was obviously a dribbling moron but the hold that newspaper had over national debate in the televised media wasn't healthy.

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

This has all been really peculiar from the start. Trying to imagine an alternate Nineties where Trevor McDonald was accused of paying a young man ludicrous money for naked pictures after sending him a photo of his bum, only for the young man to say it never happened and his maw's a liar.

Who tells their mother that they're sending naked pictures to an aging newscaster anyway? Nah, this is all some kind of bizarre April Fool, or a viral campaign to promote...hallucinogens?  :unsure:

Worst “and finally” News at Ten story ever.

11 hours ago, Binos said:

Anyone who would want that to be their life, is bonkers and therefore susceptible to doing bonkers things

A bit like politicians. The ones who want to be at the top of the tree are generally the least suitable, most dangerous personalities to be there.