Huw Edwards

The Sun have played a blinder, launched in with a story that wasn't a story, potentially outed a closeted gay man with mental health issues and hinted he was a nonce while using jigsaw identification to narrow down the candidates. 

The BBC trying to dodge the "safe place for sex offenders" tag absolutely hang the presenter out to dry, reporting stories that have no relevance but continue the forced outing. They then branch off in to reporting that he was a nasty character who was rude about someone's dress. 

The police report no criminality. 

The wife names her husband, says he has had a mental health episode and is receiving professional care. 

Wonder when a Jade Goody type 180 from the press will start. 

6 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I suppose at the end of the day we all have a little more knowledge. The Welsh don't just want to shag sheep.

The good thing is Harry Cole the political editor at the Sun, friend of Bozo and former partner of Carrie is getting it tight for his sleazy texting about school girls on twitter. If this has all been manufactured to take the heat of Bozo defying a court order to give up his phone will be the story not Huw Edwards underpants.

There's something enormously creepy about that Harry Cole. Absolutely cucked by Carrie only to remain a sad wee jersey tugger as she races past him up the ladder.

Edit: ffs just seen those tweets above. There's always a tweet.

Edited by Jeff Venom

13 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Last year, the Queen died.  I am not remotely interested in the monarchy but the Queen had been the Queen since before I was born.  It was like somebody had changed the wallpaper in a room where I had not noticed the wallpaper until somebody changed it.

Huw Edwards was much the same.  I had no real opinion on him except that he was presenting the news so often, I barely noticed.

I seriously doubt he will be presenting it ever again.

Another wallpaper moment you might say. 

Much the same, he was just there, these revelations seem quite contrary to his perceived persona. (Or my perception of his persona - rather staid and stuffy and correct. Couldn't have imagined Robert Dougall getting pulled up for something like this, either. Reginald Bousanquet, on the other hand...)

Seem to remember he went through some sort of style renaissance a few years back by losing weight, getting his hair done and probably botox. Supposed to have been "a bit of alright" for the ladies to look at. Things are not always as they seem, it seems.

He's been a silly old Hector.

40 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Much the same, he was just there, these revelations seem quite contrary to his perceived persona. (Or my perception of his persona - rather staid and stuffy and correct. Couldn't have imagined Robert Dougall getting pulled up for something like this, either. Reginald Bousanquet, on the other hand...)

Frank Bough and Max Mosely broke the mould, neither apologised either, just said it's nobodies business but their own. 

4 hours ago, 101 said:

It seems the maw is apparently less than happy at her wean having an only fans account or something similar and this was her attempt to stop it.

All backfired and now between her and The Sun seem to be responsible for putting someone with a history of mental illness in hospital and potentially ending their career after the first story published made out that they had committed a crime.

Hopefully this is the end of the road for the Sun. Not before time for a newspaper that printed nonsense and employs a political editor who tweeted about perving over school kids.

Anyone who bought the Sun or believed anything they printed was obviously a dribbling moron but the hold that newspaper had over national debate in the televised media wasn't healthy.

I'll be amazed if The Sun suffers. They've done much worse over the years, and that's just the stuff we know about.

The only reason the News of the World closed was because being seen buying it was about to become akin to buying jazz mags, and Murdoch knew he had other outlets for harassing the rich and famous.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Frank Bough and Max Mosely broke the mould, neither apologised either, just said it's nobodies business but their own. 

I mind an early episode of Have I Got News For You, before everyone knew they'd take a roasting if they went on, where Frank Bough was reduced to grinning nervously with a massive beamer  :lol:

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I'll be amazed if The Sun suffers. They've done much worse over the years, and that's just the stuff we know about.

The only reason the News of the World closed was because being seen buying it was about to become akin to buying jazz mags, and Murdoch knew he had other outlets for harassing the rich and famous.

Did it not close down due to the heat from the phone hacking? Murdoch was basically saying...those bad b*****ds as the NotW not like the same guys who work at the super soaraway Sun. Oh and check the tits on our page 3 teenage scorcher. 

20 minutes ago, BTFD said:

The Scousers would be devastated if the Sun closed down because then they wouldn't be able to boast about boycotting it.

21 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I mind an early episode of Have I Got News For You, before everyone knew they'd take a roasting if they went on, where Frank Bough was reduced to grinning nervously with a massive beamer  :lol:

Worth the embarrassment for a Series 7 tbh.

41 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Angus Deyton was probably in charge back then, ironic given that his own career was destroyed by behaviour considered normal at Div's annual mod's hot tub parties. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Angus Deyton was probably in charge back then, ironic given that his own career was destroyed by behaviour considered normal at Div's annual mod's hot tub parties. 

I was impressed that he was willing to continue on with the show after that.

It could've been amusing to have his coke 'n' hookers habit as a constant stick to beat him with, but I guess they didn't want guests to have an easy distraction tactic when their own behaviour was being ridiculed.

19 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I was impressed that he was willing to continue on with the show after that.

It could've been amusing to have his coke 'n' hookers habit as a constant stick to beat him with, but I guess they didn't want guests to have an easy distraction tactic when their own behaviour was being ridiculed.

Hislop must have some niche deviency that will come out eventually, maybe having a sly w**k while taking brass rubbings in village churches. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hislop must have some niche deviency that will come out eventually, maybe having a sly w**k while taking brass rubbings in village churches. 

I'm pretty sure that anything in Hislop or Merton's closets would have been outed by now. There was a time when tabloid editors were seething about Hislop in particular, as Private Eye likes to give them the same treatment they happily mete out to everyone else, and they really, really don't like it up 'em.

They're clearly very, very boring men, so naturally I feel a certain kinship there.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Piers Morgan, allegedly, tried to get the dirt on him by getting a PI to ask his Church of England minister what Hislop said in his confessional and offered cash to the minister. Proof that you don't have to be very clever to be a newspaper editor.