The bombing of Yogi Hughes career

Just now, The Other Foot said:

Is he a footballing genius? No. Is he even a reasonably-adept football manager? No. Would I take him back at Hibs? Yes. He's just one of those guys 

Nope, not in a million years, but you kinda answer my last question.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nope, not in a million years, but you kinda answer my last question.

Put it this way. If I played for a team under Yogi, would I wake up every morning feeling like I wanted to go back to bed? No, I'd spring out of bed, have a coffee, hug the kids, wave at the neighbours, run gleefully to work, say hi to the lads, and get my well-deserved cuddle and manly slap on the arse from the gaffer. 

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Put it this way. If I played for a team under Yogi, would I wake up every morning feeling like I wanted to go back to bed? No, I'd spring out of bed, have a coffee, hug the kids, wave at the neighbours, run gleefully to work, say hi to the lads, and get my well-deserved cuddle and manly slap on the arse from the gaffer. 

Depends if you're Kenny Deuchar or Bobby Barr i guess, but as a football fan, i was never as relieved when he fucked off to Hartlepool, complete imbecile of a man. 

He's done well at a lot of clubs he's been at and deserves a bit a credit. He's also presided over some pretty poor teams and spells. I suppose that's like a lot of experienced managers.

He's now seen as a bit of a joke, which to be honest is, in part, down to him touting himself for any jobs going and complaining on Sportsound when he's not been given an interview.

I reckon chairmen see him as a 'last throw of the dice' type manager. Come in, galvanise a struggling team, and try and keep them up. It worked at County, didn't at Raith and Dunfermline. 

If he's serious about a return to management he needs to get a stable league 1 or 2 club and try and build something over a few seasons. I'm not sure his opinion of himself would allow that as he thinks he deserves to be considered for jobs in the top flight and championship.

I always though Hughes was one of those guys who was a great appointment when he was coming into a team that was already in a good position, doing well and had maybe lost their previous manager because of that. Bring in Yogi to tell them how great they are and keep the good feeling rolling, like at Falkirk and ICT. He isn't really suited to coming into a crisis.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends if you're Kenny Deuchar or Bobby Barr i guess, but as a football fan, i was never as relieved when he fucked off to Hartlepool, complete imbecile of a man. 

When he came to the Rovers, he was the first manager ever, not to attend the Player of the Year awards night.

His aforementioned attitude towards Bobby Barr culminated in the Players voting him the Players, Player of the Year just to f**k off Hughes.

Hughes also hounded out a young player because he complained to the board about being bullied and homophobic language being used by Hughes, a charming c**t all round.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

When he came to the Rovers, he was the first manager ever, not to attend the Player of the Year awards night.

His aforementioned attitude towards Bobby Barr culminated in the Players voting him the Players, Player of the Year just to f**k off Hughes.

Hughes also hounded out a young player because he complained to the board about being bullied and homophobic language being used by Hughes, a charming c**t all round.

I knew someone that played under him at Falkirk and apparently after a heavy beating he would knock the lights off in the changing room to allow the players to have it out. I know that was a while ago now but even then it seemed a bit Draconian. I have no doubt he's mellowed a bit now but I doubt he's moved with the times much.

Having said all that for all the luck Inverness had winning the Scottish cup was a tremendous achievement he has to take alot of credit for. His time has gone though.

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

That's a pretty serious accusation.