Sack Race 2023/24

Sack Race 2023/24  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that Beale is currently serving in the dual role of DoF and First Team Coach and Bisgrove has went public saying he is now reviewing the DoF position in early September, I think Beale being ‘removed’ from his DoF role will be the first casualty of this season.

The quality of his new signings and missing the deadline date for signing Tillman for a knockdown fee when he’s now likely to go for more than double this after his loan to PSV does not bode well for him.

@AJFdo you agree ?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Beale or Johnson surely.

Looking like the early runners after defeats in their opening league match, far more pressure will be on Beale though, Johnson could prob ride 3 or 4 defeats, Beale will seriously be under pressure if he fails to win at home to us after losing to Killie.

On 26/07/2023 at 22:35, Grangemouth Bairn said:

your manager and DoF

On 27/07/2023 at 09:17, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s already said that publicly. He’s good enough to do both roles and bring success.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:06, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He was very vocal about being more than good enough to do both.

Time will tell if he’s good enough to do both.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:26, Grangemouth Bairn said:

maybe the 2 roles are to big for him.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:32, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d fully expect a guy who the media have all said is a step up from GVB and also good enough to do manager and DoF roles

On 27/07/2023 at 09:44, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s more than good enough to do both jobs so whether it be Marseille or PSV (should you advance) you’ll be fine.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:47, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If he negotiates both rounds I’ll admit I was wrong and he’s big and experienced enough to do both roles.

On 05/08/2023 at 19:23, Grangemouth Bairn said:

do you still think Beale is an amazing DoF mate ?

On 05/08/2023 at 19:59, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you though - serious question ??

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given that Beale is currently serving in the dual role of DoF and First Team Coach

You're absolutely tedious and trying too hard now

On 07/08/2023 at 09:11, Stylish Kid said:

Johnson jas a knack of pulling a good win and run of results when his neck is on the line, so I can see him staying for a bit, however unlikely that may be.

I reckon that whoever goes it'll be for non-footballing reasons - e.g having it off with the physio, punching the chairperson, not giving someone complimentary tickets to a Rangers match, racist text messages ertc.

👌

On 12/08/2023 at 09:41, VincentGuerin said:

I'll keep it civil.

Johnson's getting punted October 8th, you Hibs tramp! 😀

If we can somehow pull off another victory today then Frankie boy is on a shoogly peg. Knowing our away form however, he can rest easy.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a massive air of negativity at St Johnstone at the moment.   They also had a few clown shoes defensive moments yesterday.  I could see MacLean walking away quite soon if they keep playing like that.  

I cant see him walking away from a 3yr deal.

Nor walking away from managing in the top flight this early. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant see him walking away from a 3yr deal.

Nor walking away from managing in the top flight this early. 

He has all the impression of being happier as a coach to me, but things change very quickly.  A win against Celtic and he’ll get manager of the month.  Anyway, this is the sack race thread.  

During his interview last night McLean looked like he'd have more chance of landing a Boeing 747 with three engines out than successfully managing a professional football team.

You can see it, hear it, feel it.  He just doesn't have it.  Every player will know which is probably why no one wants to sign for him and the ones that have are absolutely demoralised.

27 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

During his interview last night McLean looked like he'd have more chance of landing a Boeing 747 with three engines out than successfully managing a professional football team.

You can see it, hear it, feel it.  He just doesn't have it.  Every player will know which is probably why no one wants to sign for him and the ones that have are absolutely demoralised.

Absolutely screaming Eddie May 2009 vibes, isn't he.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Anyway, this is the sack race thread.  

Aye, and i dont think its worth mentioning MacLean on here until late October onwards (im aware he'll get mentioned every week).

If we lose by double figures to Celtic in 2 weeks (which is a genuine concern) then that might change.

On 12/08/2023 at 09:24, Leith Green said:

The boy Mcavoy now comfortably in the lead, which is quite remarkable given that few of us could even have placed him in a lineup a couple of months ago.

Inspired Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Would it count though? He's the European manager so he's really only booked for 2 games a season.