Shotts v Vale of Clyde - Match Abandoned

There was a legit challenge and then some thrown arms. Then there was a forehead to forehead confrontation. When they stepped back the VoC hit the Shotts player with a classic jab to the chin. No play acting etc. It was a "good" punch. The melee then kicked off.

If there was a sending off for Shotts it was for the handbags prior to the punch.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Punches AND kicks? I was on my own, wasn't on my phone and whilst I concede I am of advancing years was oblivious to this happening. Not to say it didn't happen but, the retaliation was something else, particularly considering it was a friendly with no particular needle beforehand.

You think the Shotts number 8 got sent off for getting knocked on his arse by a haymaker? He’d been spoke to about his conduct 5 minutes into the game after he drew the boot off the VOC coach to get the ball and for greeting at the ref before he elbowed and kicked mcd resulting in him getting punched. As I said earlier you’ve not got a clue 

1 hour ago, JDJ88 said:

You think the Shotts number 8 got sent off for getting knocked on his arse by a haymaker? He’d been spoke to about his conduct 5 minutes into the game after he drew the boot off the VOC coach to get the ball and for greeting at the ref before he elbowed and kicked mcd resulting in him getting punched. As I said earlier you’ve not got a clue 

I sorry but we are meant to be talking about semi professional footballers here. 
These kind of scenes are a disgrace to both clubs and I hope those responsible get the book thrown at them by the Wosfl beaks. 
A lot of good people are trying to raise the profile at this level and this is the kind of moronic mob behaviour we can do without. 

8 hours ago, JDJ88 said:

Don’t talk utter shite, the number 8 of Shotts had 2 kicks and elbowed McD then that’s when he got punched, Shotts player was sent off for the elbow and kicks, the ref and both teams saw him do it so must only have been you that couldn’t take yer tinted glasses off to see the number 8’s involvement in it, the VOC supporter who ended up fighting was threatened twice by Shotts supporters and grabbed by the throat off one of them before retaliating. Players from both sides ran over to split the fighting up as they wanted the game to be restarted, Don’t post utter nonsense when you don’t know the whole story and just going off what you’ve been told.

Shock the voc gk coach is defending his thug player!

Lets be honest here - he lost the rag as he was bullied all over the park. Took a cheap shot and ruined a decent game. 

So much so even his teammates were apologising afterwards for his behaviour.

Ps the ref said the shotts player was sent off for a kick out. No mention of a elbow so don’t “you talk shite” and get your biased facts right and stop pandering to your hooligan player.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My enquiries indicate, the big guy sent off was letting of steam in the dressing room. A request to calm down wasn't well received, the scuffle that followed attracted the players still on the pitch who headed up to the club house via the terracing. They were joined by sundry others from the crowd.

The ref blew for full time as the players were running off the pitch. There was some talk of another couple being sent off in the original incident but I don't think anyone really knows.

Fitba aside SW, I have to say ‘sundry’ is a much underused word.

2 hours ago, Bonnylad55 said:

Lets be honest here - he lost the rag as he was bullied all over the park. Took a cheap shot and ruined a decent game. 

Ps the ref said the shotts player was sent off for a kick out. No mention of a elbow so don’t “you talk shite” and get your biased facts right and stop pandering to your hooligan player.

Heavy duty respect.

Joined...........12 hours ago

Posts............2

Welcome bro.

9 hours ago, Bonnylad55 said:

Is it the sub GK or is there another person. I don't think my hands would go round the sub's throat. He's a big guy!

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

the only question that matters. 

4 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

No phone camera evidence?

I'm old school. I go to watch the game.  That said, I must have been tucking into my pie as I missed the alleged provocation.  It was a nondescript friendly up to that point.

22 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So according to fans of both sides it was the other sides fault and they are innocent. Seems reasonable. 

This is a false equation. The only physical violence perpetrated on the pitch was by a Vale of Clyde player and on the terracing by a Vale of Clyde coach (wearing a VoC jacket) , the latter running seven or eight yards to assault a Shotts supporter, who had been extremely vocal, but only that, in his tirade.

Their actions were in no way justified, no matter what their fans/coaches (all of them dressed in VoC-issued jackets) claim. Shotts Bon Accord players and fans were entirely innocent of any violent conduct. 

Obviously I am biased because I am a  Shotts supporter but, believe me, the accounts of BC57 and Sergeant Wilson are more credible than that of JDJ88 who is making it up as he goes along, attempting to justify the violent actions of two thugs.

On a lighter note, have a look at Stephen McDevitt's photo on the Pollok website and ask yourself if any sane player would attempt to take liberties.