South Adventures in Big Scottish

Vale at home to Amateur Cup Winners, Cupar Hearts Sat August 12th.

Not a  easy tie; amateur cup winners are always a decent side.

FB_IMG_1690392677441.thumb.jpg.462fd9a6e74e19ff87d1ab5c0f56167e.jpg

Edited by HorseyGhirl

A hard tie for Vale in the Pre-Prelim, do not under estimate any amateur cup winner. 

Prelim Ties: Star with best chance, Carluke have been on a downward spiral. Tough, tough games for others.

Saints, Creetown, Newton and Wigtown at home; let's get out and show our support. Some good teams to go and watch.

Won't make the Vale game as up the road that weekend.

As for Rd 2. can't decide whether St.Marys, Castle Cary, Blairmount or Tramondford.

Like bloody Glesca buses; all come at the same time.

Here's a thought could we no have a mini groundhop.

Game 1 Fri night and ending with Game 4 Sun lunchtime.

Now that would be cool.

24 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What's Creetown like for pubs? 

Any toons nearby worth a stop over? 

Wondered when you'd be popping by. 

I think Creetown must be some Wee Free place; pubs all seem closed other than in the Holiday Park.

Gatehouse is 11 miles before Creetown on A75.

Newton Stewart is 7 miles after on A75. 

Both have decent watering holes and probs best bet unless someone kens better.

On 27/07/2023 at 19:04, newcastle broon said:

Sorry newcy didn't read 2nd part. Both Newton and Creetown (pronounced Creeton), are holiday towns so both have hotels and the like if you are wanting a stop over. Wouldn't say one is better than the other. Places to visit away from the football too and it will still be holiday season, just.

Creetown does not have a functioning hotel. It has two possibly three caravan sites. One with a bar. Doubt if you would get a one or two night stopover.Newton Stewart 10 minute's drive away has 3 hotels and 2 pubs,3 or4 B&Bs and 6 takeaways.Beware of false info! 

On 27/07/2023 at 19:04, newcastle broon said:

Sorry mate I was too busy thinking bout how they say Creetown down here.

Right Creetown is basically shut.

Newton Stewart, Gatehouse of Fleet both have a few hotels and pubs. There are also caravan parks along the A75 if that's your jam.

Can't decide between this and the Talbot game for that day.

15 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry mate I was too busy thinking bout how they say Creetown down here.

Right Creetown is basically shut.

Newton Stewart, Gatehouse of Fleet both have a few hotels and pubs. There are also caravan parks along the A75 if that's your jam.

Can't decide between this and the Talbot game for that day.

No probs the club are putting a bus on and stopping off pre match in Dumfries. Should be decent day out. 

Creetown be a much tighter match than Talbot match. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

No probs the club are putting a bus on and stopping off pre match in Dumfries. Should be decent day out. 

Creetown be a much tighter match than Talbot match. 

What time are you in to Dumfries? It's still almost an hour away from Creetown. You'd be better going to Kirkcudbright or Gatehouse to find a pub. 

More options in Dumfries certainly but I'd hate to be sobering up on the way to the football :lol:

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What time are you in to Dumfries? It's still almost an hour away from Creetown. You'd be better going to Kirkcudbright or Gatehouse to find a pub. 

More options in Dumfries certainly but I'd hate to be sobering up on the way to the football :lol:

Should be decent day oot :guinness:)

Screenshot_20230806_120532_WhatsApp.jpg

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Should be decent day oot :guinness:)

Screenshot_20230806_120532_WhatsApp.jpg

Aye decent deal tbf. Lochar is run by the folk who run the arena food at Palmerston and it's very good stuff. 

It's just a personal thing, I'd hate to be drinking then hopping on the coach for an hour before the game. I'd either be sober by the time we arrived or dehydrated from the number of pisses I'd have to take on the bus :lol:

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye decent deal tbf. Lochar is run by the folk who run the arena food at Palmerston and it's very good stuff. 

It's just a personal thing, I'd hate to be drinking then hopping on the coach for an hour before the game. I'd either be sober by the time we arrived or dehydrated from the number of pisses I'd have to take on the bus :lol:

:lol: i do have previous for jumping off the bus at the wrong roundabout in Dumfries trying to get to the train station. What a trek that was in the dark :lol: but aye you do have a very valid point. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

To be honest Kirkcudbright ain't what it used to be.

No Gordon Hoose, no Tides Inn, no Royal Hotel Bar.

Masonic still open but not what it used to be back in the day.