Hibernian v St. Mirren, Sunday 6/8/23

5 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I get the impression that you are not keeping up with this thread…

Oh yes, I appear to have missed a page. 

Not sure I’m buying it though. I just listened to the podcast and not sure what he’s said to be accused of this. 

What a bizarre comment from the Hibs manager post match shown on sportscene. He said I would not make a substitution in the first half that would have proved I got it wrong. Dearie me if I was a Hibs fan that would have my alarm bells ringing . 

Delighted for Olusanya - sounded like he was an absolute pain in Hanlon’s arse until he was subbed, and his goal is a great run and finish. His pace probably makes him a great option away to the city clubs, and if he shows that kind of composure in front of goal he’ll be a huge asset this season.

Great to see Grieve on the scoresheet as well, two players we’d probably have shipped out on loan given half a chance delivering on day one is pleasing!

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Because Gilmour stopped the 8/8/8 split about 10 years ago. Gordon made a complete c**t of himself over the whole thing, and also outed himself as Lawell and Milne's media mouthpiece. He's never got over it.

It seems to me that there's only one person that's never got over that scenario, and it ain't Richard Gordon. 

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

What a bizarre comment from the Hibs manager post match shown on sportscene. He said I would not make a substitution in the first half that would have proved I got it wrong. Dearie me if I was a Hibs fan that would have my alarm bells ringing . 

Aye, thought the same. Hibees must be raging. He was having a wee giggle about it too. What a tool.

I’d need to watch Johnson’s interview again, but I thought he said he didn’t like making first half substitutions because it either showed he’d got the starting line up wrong, or the guys he took off were basically playing crap. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

It was a bizarre league set up Lawell and Milne were trying to push through after Rangers went bust. Needless to say it was very unpopular with the fans and was probably designed mostly to get Rangers back into the top league quicker. Hilariously it was torpedoed by St. Mirren and Ross County using the 11-1 "Old Firm veto" voting system Milne had voted with Celtic to keep. The negotiations after it basically led to what we have now, with the playoffs etc. There were some casualties though, especially some boys in the media who did not come out of it looking good.

Thank you. Don’t remember this. Must have been too busy laughing at Rangers dieing. 
Ironic way for the plan to fail, well done St Mirren for that. 

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Heard you can end up demoted for that. 

...but then you go down win the championship at a stroll, come back up and smack their arses for their cheek winning three out of three in the league, and knocking them out the Scottish Cup.  But it's all swings and roundabouts.🤷‍♂️