Hibernian v St. Mirren, Sunday 6/8/23

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

If Stewart is on sportscene tonight I bet you he insists we shouldn't have had the penalty. 

Most likely, although that won't be because he has a particular issue with St Mirren, it's because he's a boring contrarian who always needs to disagree with the consensus.

Well played St Mirren, funny the difference when a manager has any idea what he wants his team to actually do. That's two years in a row Johnson has taken us out of pre season without looking like we're fit or sharp enough. Honestly wouldn't mind him getting punted right now. 

That's 3 competitive games now where we've only looked like scoring when chucking the kitchen sink at it or playing some tired ski instructors. The defence looks like they've never met. With the quality of players we have it's just not good enough Mr Leonard Johnson. 

Really didn't expect it to take Adam Le Fondre to get us playing any football but fair play to him doing that at his age. His peer at the other end of the pitch did less to inspire confidence.

Some of the worst I've seen us play but I suppose that's in part down to St Mirren applying good pressure. There are other problems but I'm really doubting Johnson's ability to make logical decisions based on this, some of the team selection, subs and formation were baffling. We did end up with something of a decent team on the pitch but I think punting Boyle to wingback then subbing him off for not doing particularly well stuck in the craw, especially as Youan ended up playing there and similarly looked a little lost. 

I think there's something to be positive about with this Hibs team but I'm less sure it'll be Johnson who realises it. 

54 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Pleased for Alex Greive to grab the winner, after many folk had written him off before a ball was Kicked.

Yep, absolutely guilty of doing that. It was a great header. Delighted for him and Olusanya today.

58 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Most likely, although that won't be because he has a particular issue with St Mirren, it's because he's a boring contrarian who always needs to disagree with the consensus.

Michael Stewart is Ric?

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You'll have to explain that one to me? Bitter about what?

Because Gilmour stopped the 8/8/8 split about 10 years ago. Gordon made a complete c**t of himself over the whole thing, and also outed himself as Lawell and Milne's media mouthpiece. He's never got over it.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Because Gilmour stopped the 8/8/8 split about 10 years ago. Gordon made a complete c**t of himself over the whole thing, and also outed himself as Lawell and Milne's media mouthpiece. He's never got over it.

Sorry to diverse from the game, but what was the 8/8/8 split?

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Sorry to diverse from the game, but what was the 8/8/8 split?

It was a bizarre league set up Lawell and Milne were trying to push through after Rangers went bust. Needless to say it was very unpopular with the fans and was probably designed mostly to get Rangers back into the top league quicker. Hilariously it was torpedoed by St. Mirren and Ross County using the 11-1 "Old Firm veto" voting system Milne had voted with Celtic to keep. The negotiations after it basically led to what we have now, with the playoffs etc. There were some casualties though, especially some boys in the media who did not come out of it looking good.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Radio Scotland is brilliant listen, I love how bitter Richard Gordon still is about us after all these years.

He is positively gushing compared to John Collins. The likes of Collins and Kenny Miller should be nowhere near mainstream media, absolutely brutal. Stephen McGinn was barely hiding his distain for some of his dinosauric (is that a word ?) Pish. It really is taking your average listener/viewer for a mug.