Hibernian v St. Mirren, Sunday 6/8/23

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I live in a state of permanent confusion (due to living with my teenage daughters) but I can’t see a “signature” detailing anything on your posts or on your profile so I’ve not personally got a clue what Martin Boyle has done to you personally or what’s he’s done publicly for you to be wanting him to have “a long-term particularly painful injury”.

If you want a proper answer, I will put it in a spoiler. It's going to trigger the fuckwits though.

Spoiler

You mention your teenage daughters, would you be happy for them to be treated like second class citizens, for their rights to be trampled on, for their futures to be controlled by others? Absolutely you wouldn't, and don't try to deny it. So please, stop giving the "oh, you sound terrible for wishing injury" bullshit.

Boyle took a lot of money, far more than he was being offered anywhere else, specifically so that he'd turn a blind eye to the atrocities that happen under a Saudi regime. Pure and simple sportswashing. Now ask yourself, did Boyle take his own family with him to Saudi? You know, a place that would treat them like chattel, because that's what their crazy religious demands? Do you want your children treated like chattel? Of course you don't, which is why you don't live in Saudi Arabia.

So seriously if anyone thinks I am in any way bothered by their pathetic shouts that I am some how the bad man here, they can go f**k themselves. If they think people are going to Saudi for any other reason than the money, they can go f**k themselves, and, finally, if they think that the people who go there and turn a blind eye to everything while picking up a hefty paycheck have no accountability for the continuance of hate, then once again, they can go f**k themselves.

I've said this all before, and I've had the same bullshit thrown at me before. I don't give a f**k if someone was offering me a fucking golden palace, I could not accept the deaths and torture of innocents in exchange. It seems that there are an awful lot of very naive and very greedy people out there that don't give a shit. And, you know what? That says a ton more about them than it does me.

Perhaps that might change your state of confusion and understand why I hold the views I do.

I won't expand on the above, it's all academic, the facts are known, the evidence gathered. It's up to others if they wish to continue a tedious argument about the morals within sport, I won't be contributing to this point any more, and I've wrapped it into a spoiler in order to separate it from the actual game chat.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Not likely, one of the many joys of Brexit being that a Dutch citizen has to complete a test to work in the UK and on the basis that we havent announced it, I would think that its not yet happened.

Anyone wishing painful injury on players is a walloper - and I said the same about some stupid Hibs fans comments after Craig Gordons horror leg break.

The majority of Saint Mirren fans on here are very gid kunts, but I have had this guy on ignore for some time.

Unsurprisingly, there has been a direct and positive relationship between the drop off of his posts and my enjoyment of P&B.

*Ryan Jack exclusion applies.

55 minutes ago, Ric said:

If you want a proper answer, I will put it in a spoiler. It's going to trigger the fuckwits though.

Reveal hidden contents

You mention your teenage daughters, would you be happy for them to be treated like second class citizens, for their rights to be trampled on, for their futures to be controlled by others? Absolutely you wouldn't, and don't try to deny it. So please, stop giving the "oh, you sound terrible for wishing injury" bullshit.

Boyle took a lot of money, far more than he was being offered anywhere else, specifically so that he'd turn a blind eye to the atrocities that happen under a Saudi regime. Pure and simple sportswashing. Now ask yourself, did Boyle take his own family with him to Saudi? You know, a place that would treat them like chattel, because that's what their crazy religious demands? Do you want your children treated like chattel? Of course you don't, which is why you don't live in Saudi Arabia.

So seriously if anyone thinks I am in any way bothered by their pathetic shouts that I am some how the bad man here, they can go f**k themselves. If they think people are going to Saudi for any other reason than the money, they can go f**k themselves, and, finally, if they think that the people who go there and turn a blind eye to everything while picking up a hefty paycheck have no accountability for the continuance of hate, then once again, they can go f**k themselves.

I've said this all before, and I've had the same bullshit thrown at me before. I don't give a f**k if someone was offering me a fucking golden palace, I could not accept the deaths and torture of innocents in exchange. It seems that there are an awful lot of very naive and very greedy people out there that don't give a shit. And, you know what? That says a ton more about them than it does me.

Perhaps that might change your state of confusion and understand why I hold the views I do.

I won't expand on the above, it's all academic, the facts are known, the evidence gathered. It's up to others if they wish to continue a tedious argument about the morals within sport, I won't be contributing to this point any more, and I've wrapped it into a spoiler in order to separate it from the actual game chat.

I’ve worked in England, Germany and USA all with very poor (past and present) records in human rights at home and abroad. 

You must live in a permanent rage. 

11 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’ve worked in England, Germany and USA all with very poor (past and present) records in human rights at home and abroad. 

You must live in a permanent rage. 

I've said already that I do not intend to continue this debate here. I've sent you a PM.

Well Hibees, you will see a change from us this season. Gone are the days of sitting in and attacking on the break with Main battering everything in sight. We now play a 3-4-3 and attack, attack, attack. Team for Saturday will be Hemming. Fraser, Gogic and Taylor. Strain, Baccus, O'Hara, Tanser. McMenamin, Mandron and Olusanya. Scoreline 6-6.

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Gone are the days of sitting in and attacking on the break with Main battering everything in sight. We now play a 3-4-3 and attack, attack, attack.

It's an away game so I feel we'll probably do the same as last season, absorb and counter attack.

That said, on the showing of the European games, Hibs defence looks like it can be got at, so perhaps a more attacking strategy will work.

So glad proper football is back. Tough to call our line-up today: already dictated by injuries to an extent. While we're clearly shaping up for a 3-4-3, I do wonder if he'll go for the extra midfielder as we're away to a strong side.

So I'm going with this:

-------Fraser - Gogic - Taylor --------

Strain - O'Hara - Baccus - CBM - Tanser

--------Mandron - McMenamin ---

Though not sure if McMenamin is fit so maybe Nahmani. The defence gives me the fear a bit, but not sure we have a lot of options. Might he go for Dunne instead of Gogic for the pace?

We need to first and foremost make sure we do not gift the game to Hibs like we did after the split, no stupid mistakes, everyone on their game. 

Hemming will be busier than he has been in the league cup, the defence will need to be switched on at all times,  there's more pressure on Mandron to take his chances ect. 

Excited and anxious. 

Youan running at Tanser is giving me the fear but hopefully Robinson has a plan to shut that side of the pitch down. Quite a daunting attack Hibs have got with Boyle causing a nuisance of himself too, and Doidge up there to poach any loose balls in the box. From what I’ve seen of Youan he seems to lack that final bit of quality when it comes to taking a shot or trying to find a pass, but on Thursday night he scored a screamer and set up another one on a plate for Campbell. 

Would take a draw but as others have said our away form under Robinson has never been the best. Looking forward to what should be a good game though, maybe some tired legs in the Hibs team after Thursday night. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

So glad proper football is back. Tough to call our line-up today: already dictated by injuries to an extent. While we're clearly shaping up for a 3-4-3, I do wonder if he'll go for the extra midfielder as we're away to a strong side.

So I'm going with this:

-------Fraser - Gogic - Taylor --------

Strain - O'Hara - Baccus - CBM - Tanser

--------Mandron - McMenamin ---

Though not sure if McMenamin is fit so maybe Nahmani. The defence gives me the fear a bit, but not sure we have a lot of options. Might he go for Dunne instead of Gogic for the pace?

Strain and Tanser will have their hands full with Boyle (if he starts onviously) and Youan. Hibs look a different team with Boyle playing.

Nahami was injured during the week, was he not?

I think Gogic is the better choice for the middle of the back 3 than Dunne but we miss him in the middle of the park. 

Ideally you are hoping Robinson is spouting shite in the press and we'll see Bolton and Nahami available, not trusting a word he says now 😂. Baccus made a bit of a miraculous recovery 🤔.