Hibernian v St. Mirren, Sunday 6/8/23

On 04/08/2023 at 07:54, Ric said:

Really tough for me to call this, on one hand and despite the fairly healthy victory, Hibs looked easily got at. That said, a thumping victory can only increase morale significantly.

Last season there wasn't much between us, although I think it's fair to say that the gap was bigger after the split as we seemed to go onto autopilot a bit while Hibs seemed to be emboldened by the chance to catch their city rivals. In terms of recruitment, Hibs have spent far more in the market, meanwhile I am not overly convinced by Robinson's purchases.

The goalkeeping position is an interesting one. Assuming Hibs need to go with Boruc, and us with Hemming, both keepers will be under pressure for differing reasons. As the old adage goes, no plan survives first contact with the enemy (or "everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson) and it'll be a few weeks before we see how our respective squads settle. Can't call this be honest, could be anything from a 0-0 to 3-3.

Obviously, and you can read my sig if there is any confusion, a long-term particularly painful injury for Boyle would be my preferred outcome, regardless of the score.

Utterly bizarre. Why on earth would you want to see a player get a long term injury ? 

Strange angle to take here from a usually sensible poster. Boyle is just back from a long term injury that kept him out of probably his only chance at playing in a World Cup Finals. He’s not exactly the type of player that gets opposition fans riled up with his antics, and from what I’ve seen conducts himself quite well on the pitch.  Unless there is some long standing feud between Boyle and St Mirren that I’m not aware of it seems pretty distasteful to wish injury on any player. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Strange angle to take here from a usually sensible poster. Boyle is just back from a long term injury that kept him out of probably his only chance at playing in a World Cup Finals. He’s not exactly the type of player that gets opposition fans riled up with his antics, and from what I’ve seen conducts himself quite well on the pitch.  Unless there is some long standing feud between Boyle and St Mirren that I’m not aware of it seems pretty distasteful to wish injury on any player. 

Basically he went to Saudi Arabia for 13 games and Ric is still having a seizure over it. 

As an addendum to the above, if you can negotiate your way towards Meadowbank there's plenty of parking in the Meadowbank Shopping Park just off London Road. From there it's a 5 minute walk to the away stand.

If you fancy a pre.match pint The Artisan Bar is a 2-3 minute walk away on London Rd.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Basically he went to Saudi Arabia for 13 games and Ric is still having a seizure over it. 

I see. I’m oblivious as to why that warrants wishing injury on the guy but maybe Ric will come back and clear that up. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I see. I’m oblivious as to why that warrants wishing injury on the guy but maybe Ric will come back and clear that up. 

It's pretty simple, I've explained it many times, although it really triggers the fuckwits who value money over principle. Which is why a totally factual statement creates so much whiny bitch energy. I don't know why they bother, to be honest, it's not like I'm changing my mind. It's their fault if this thread gets derailed because of their ignorance.

I'm happy to talk about the game, and have been, it's others that have been triggered and demanded a reply.

Edited by Ric

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's pretty simple, I've explained it many times, although it really triggers the fuckwits who value money over principle. Which is why a totally factual statement creates so much whiny bitch energy. I don't know why they bother, to be honest, it's not like I'm changing my mind. It's their fault if this thread gets derailed because of their ignorance.

I'm happy to talk about the game, and have been, it's others that have been triggered and demanded a reply.

The only person being 'triggered' on here is you.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

:lol:

He's a fucking rocket who is roundly laughed at the board over.

A Boyle hat trick today as Hibs win and Ric might well be vanishing on another "road trip".