Airdrieonians Vs Partick Thistle

Thought the same about Watson run in the lead up to the 2nd goal. Nobody got anywhere near him. There was one defender watching him but a good 10-15 yards off him at all times. So he was allowed to swing in a cross unchallenged and what a cross. 

If it was my team, I'd be slaughtering the defending as it was nonexistent. 

26 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Thought the same about Watson run in the lead up to the 2nd goal. Nobody got anywhere near him. There was one defender watching him but a good 10-15 yards off him at all times. So he was allowed to swing in a cross unchallenged and what a cross. 

If it was my team, I'd be slaughtering the defending as it was nonexistent. 

Agreed and ended up a free header in box ,however,Watson was also left to wander up the touchline several feet on more than one occasion unchecked when taking a shy by a piss poor ref and even worse linesman who quite rightly penalised Thistle for doing the same at end of game .

We can have no complaints from yesterday and I couldn’t believe it when we were leading at half time. I was really impressed with Airdrie. They kept the ball brilliantly for long periods of time and their defensive shape was excellent when we had the ball. I stand by my pre-match comments where I said I expect them to do well this season. We’ll be the first of many teams leaving Airdrie with nothing this season.

I can’t comment on our first disallowed goal, but our second one Graham looked blatantly offside to me. Ball also looked clearly over the line for Airdrie in the first half. 

Some serious red flags are starting to appear relating to Doolan and his tactical judgements. Graham should have been hooked early in the second half as it seemed obvious to everyone around me that he was blowing out of his arse. No idea what shape or plan we were trying to execute when we brought on Alston.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Has there been any further developments in what the actual attendance was?

The pictures of the home support are disappointing in one respect but given that stand holds 4000 odds and was well over ⅓ full then there was a significant increase on the 700-1000 we've been averaging the last 4 or 5 seasons. Thistle also brought a good, albeit not Falkirk or Dunfermline level travelling support, which must have been the best part of 700. 

I'll guess in the 2300 ballpark

Edited by cb_diamond

32 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Has there been any further developments in what the actual attendance was?

The pictures of the home support are disappointing in one respect but given that stand holds 4000 odds and was well over ⅓ full then there was a significant increase on the 700-1000 we've been averaging the last 4 or 5 seasons. Thistle also brought a good, albeit not Falkirk or Dunfermline level travelling support, which must have been the best part of 700. 

I'll guess in the 2300 ballpark

2535. Posted on the Facebook group by someone who has a role at the club so usually reliable with that sort of thing. Just under 1500 in the home end which is pretty good, especially in comparison to where we’ve been the last few years. Hopefully we can keep it going. You’re right about the pictures but 1500 isn’t even half full in the main stand so it can make it look worse than what it is. 

Just now, airdrieman said:

2535. Posted on the Facebook group by someone who has a role at the club so usually reliable with that sort of thing. Just under 1500 in the home end which is pretty good, especially in comparison to where we’ve been the last few years. Hopefully we can keep it going. You’re right about the pictures but 1500 isn’t even half full in the main stand so it can make it look worse than what it is. 

That's a decent increase in the home crowd then. Good away support from thistle too.

6 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Agreed and ended up a free header in box ,however,Watson was also left to wander up the touchline several feet on more than one occasion unchecked when taking a shy by a piss poor ref and even worse linesman who quite rightly penalised Thistle for doing the same at end of game .

All players steal yards at throw ins and fans who get upset about it are very petty. 

The penalising of the Thistle player was because the referee blew his whistle and told the Thistle player to get back 10 yards into his own half where he believed it should be taken from. That player proceeded to ignore him and take it from the exact spot he had been standing at when told to move. The linesman had nothing to do with it and the player was a fucking idiot.