Airdrieonians Vs Partick Thistle

Just think since Doolans taken over, there's been more good than bad, and early season signs after some doom and gloom financial news has been decent for the jags.  I'm fairly realistic in the sense that I know we'll struggle for the majority of the season and we need to hope theres a couple struggle more than us.

No idea about McGill and Todorovs injuries, and I doubt anyone signing now is coming straight into the starting 11.  Wonder how many games into the season we'll still be saying "The squads too light".  I've not abandoned all hope of a few new signings (at some point!) but it seems like we're just sleepwalking through this period between pre season ending and league campaign in full swing.  Disappointing if we only end up adding another body and try and "luck it out".

I think Hancock might start tomorrow in place of ATS tomorrow with Josh Rae back as well, and that might be the only changes from last week.

Airdrie 1 - 3 Thistle 

I have Airdrie pencilled in as this season's surprise package to do an Ayr or Arbroath (21-22 season),not sure why,just a hunch. Anyhoos,looking forward to a wee trip to deepest,darkest Monklands.

Seems we've just recruited another striker(4 now)...which is great,however,would feel a tad calmer with another CB or two before window shuts .

6 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

I knew our recent record against you lot was bad, but f***ing hell! Think our last win against you was back in 2010, 2-0 at our place, if I remember correctly!

If I was a betting man, my cash certainly wouldn't be on Airdrie this weekend.

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Thank you to Airdrie for posting this.

9EA77A2D-54E9-40FB-9DF9-4C68A451FD05.thumb.jpeg.bca816e7fab0554701b7d80a94d5dd6c.jpeg

To be fair, apart from the actual content of that, our pre match infographics are always pretty decent IMO

I didn't realise our record against Thistle was quite as bad but right enough, I can barely recall ever seeing us beat them. I had a look back at the last Airdrie team to take points off them and it's a good laugh:

Grant Adam
Chris O'Neil - Gregor Buchanan - Rickie Lamie - Marc Warren
Liam Watt - Jamie Barclay - Nathan Blockley - Willie McLaren
John Boyle - Ryan Donnelly

Subs were Josh Watt, David Lilley and Liam Buchanan. That's about as classic a Jimmy Boyle era Airdrie team as you'll get, I think we got pumped at Hamilton on boxing day a few days before and he got fed up with the senior players and just started playing the youth team. 

Another tricky encounter tomorrow. They're all going to be tricky to be honest. Not sure how it'll go but would be happier if we didn't have injuries to 2 key strikers and still lacking in signings. We will no doubt play our usual game, create chances (for both teams!) and just gotta hope we take our share. 

Looking forward to it but equally nervous about it. Had we taken at least a point last week I'd provably feel a bit better. Think we were definitely worth it. 

Doolan's JZ interview says MacKenzie and Robinson still out with McInroy also missing tomorrow with slight groin strain, latter two should be back next week and MacKenzie will be a couple of weeks. Robinson has had to wait until today to get his injection into his back.

I'd guess Alston in for McInroy from last week then.

Also says we're still looking for one more senior player but it's an ongoing process, didn't specify position. Thinks McDonald and Ngewnya will bring pace to the team, he didn't say it but it's not something we have a lot of. 

Wants to make sure young players get game time rather than sit on bench every week, think Stanway / Lyon are probably lined up somewhere.

Edited by Fuctifano

40 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Doolan's JZ interview says MacKenzie and Robinson still out with McInroy also missing tomorrow with slight groin strain, latter two should be back next week and MacKenzie will be a couple of weeks. Robinson has had to wait until today to get his injection into his back.

I'd guess Alston in for McInroy from last week then.

Also says we're still looking for one more senior player but it's an ongoing process, didn't specify position. Thinks McDonald and Ngewnya will bring pace to the team, he didn't say it but it's not something we have a lot of. 

Wants to make sure young players get game time rather than sit on bench every week, think Stanway / Lyon are probably lined up somewhere.

Good news for Airdrie if McInroy is out as in my book he's the best midfield signing of the championship.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I think our home form will be key this season. We put most teams to the sword at home in League One, but it's a big step up to Champsonship quality opposition.

I'm intrigued about Partick this year. My initial thoughts were that it might be a long hard season for them after so cruelly missing out on promotion, and then losing key players like Turner, Docherty and Tiffoney. However, they still have a very good young manager in Doolan and the addition of McInroy is a great bit of business.

They'll cause us plenty of problems in the wide areas but expect we'll have plenty of chances at the other end too (even with Gabby and Todorov sidelined). Should be a cracker.

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Expecting a tough match and you can add me to the list of people who think Airdrie will do well this season. Airdrie have been building up to this promotion for a few seasons and it’s hardly as if they fluked their way up.

Supposed to hate these c***s but the Airdrie fans on here seem to be brand new.

10 hours ago, Mr November said:

I didn't realise our record against Thistle was quite as bad but right enough, I can barely recall ever seeing us beat them. I had a look back at the last Airdrie team to take points off them and it's a good laugh:

Grant Adam
Chris O'Neil - Gregor Buchanan - Rickie Lamie - Marc Warren
Liam Watt - Jamie Barclay - Nathan Blockley - Willie McLaren
John Boyle - Ryan Donnelly

Subs were Josh Watt, David Lilley and Liam Buchanan. That's about as classic a Jimmy Boyle era Airdrie team as you'll get, I think we got pumped at Hamilton on boxing day a few days before and he got fed up with the senior players and just started playing the youth team. 

Interesting to see how many went onto fairly lengthy careers in better leagues such as Lamie, Buchanan and how many were at the tail end of quite good careers, or faded away like Ryan Donnelly, 

but Marc Warren!

Hope to see us alter our record in a positive manner. 

f**k it, 3-2 to Airdrie. Primarily based on hope more than logic. 

We do have a good attacking threat and players who can score across the whole team. But it needs to click for them all today. 

We also play a style that's excellent to watch, but not for eh faint-hearted and can lead to mistakes. Add to that Partick's clear attacking threat and it could be a goal fest. 

Or nil nil. 😂

Mon The Diamonds ♦️