Airdrieonians Vs Partick Thistle

Really enjoyed that. Even outwith the result, it felt like a great first home game being back in the Championship, two decent sizes supports with a bit of a (admittedly dying) rivalry. 

Airdrie undoubtedly deserved the win. I thought we edged the first half hour, Thistle still had plenty of the ball but Airdrie looked dangerous and created the better chances. We seemed a bit panicky after conceding and then McCabe going off, which is understandable, but I thought the second half was pretty much all Airdrie. McGill made a huge difference when he came on and I felt the full team, and fans, had real belief when that sub was made. Watson’s cross for the second was outstanding and a great header from Gallagher, who despite his bad miss early on was excellent again. Shout out to Dean McMaster, who controlled the second half and was the best player on the park, and Lewis McGregor, who was a threat all afternoon and seems to be improving.

I expected a bit more from Thistle. They played some decent stuff in the first half but never contributed much beyond that and I felt they had no real idea of how to change the game once Airdrie equalised. Doolan has had a great start to his managerial career but is that a common issue?

Great to get our first points, it’s a tough league but we’ve shown over two games that we’ll be competitive.

An entertaining afternoon. Great win today coming from behind. I thought we were the better team by far and played some great stuff. McMaster was a stand out for me. Really neat and clever on the ball.

Gallagher should’ve had two goals in the first half but again he pops up at the right time with the winner. 

Partick looked very very average today but were ok in spells. Fitzpatrick and Graham were the standouts for me,  quite direct.

All in all, we deserved nothing less than 3 points. Onto the next one ♦️ #FuckTheAirdrie

Edited by Diamond1924

Can’t really complain with Airdrie winning that, we were largely garbage today. 

Airdrie should have at absolutely minimum scored at least one in the first half, but I’m glad for Lyon to score again. Our lack of urgency, especially after going behind was was very irritating to watch.

Anyone watching on stream, was that Airdrie ghost goal in? (Looked it from the stand) And were both of Graham’s offside goals the correct call?  

Gutsy performance from Airdrie, stuck to their game plan and passed the life out of Thistle,  we had a 20 minutes spell in the second half when Thistle couldn't live with us,  Graham and co are top finishers, but they didn't do the hard yards today,  Well worthy winners today,  injuries seem to be piling up again a McCabe didn't look great, looked more like a lower back injury initially,  and he then  appears on crutches with an iced knee and McMaster who was very good came off holding his hammy....

A little disappointed with Partick,  what has happened to Harry Milne ,  a stick out at Cove,  he looked very unfit and blowing out his arse after half an hour,  

1 minute ago, R&Y99 said:

Airdrie should have at absolutely minimum scored at least one in the first half, but I’m glad for Lyon to score again. Our lack of urgency, especially after going behind was was very irritating to watch.

Anyone watching on stream, was that Airdrie ghost goal in? (Looked it from the stand) And were both of Graham’s offside goals the correct call?  

Yeah it was well over the line. Couldn’t really tell with the first offside as there was no replay for some reason but the second was miles off.

Can’t argue with the result today or make excuses for a tight/plastic pitch….Airdrie looked sharper, hungrier and on balance deserved to win.Possibly our feeblest performance of the Dools era but not hitting with panic button yet as team needs time to settle.

Not many positives today but would say a better performance from Williams and great to see wee Lyons getting another goal( is that a goal a game now ?).Too many negatives to dwell on but thought starting Bannigan behind Graham was as bizarre as it was fruitless…really need McInroy back .

No arguments with the result. Could have been worse.

Midfield is a shambles. Lyon scored but contributed little else. I don't want to have a go at a young player when there were plenty of experienced players who did hee haw, too.

The substitutions were horrific again, apart from Neilson, who was put into midfield. 

McMillan and Milne were ineffective, luckily both seemed fit.

It maybe a long season ahead.

12 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Well over the line 👍

Edited by Diamond1924

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

BBC Football saying the attendance was 8892?! If that’s not a mistake then that is absolutely incredible. 

SPFL website also saying this was the attendance...seriously, why is nobody talking about this. Somebody, please, join me for a crowdwank.

21 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

SPFL website also saying this was the attendance...seriously, why is nobody talking about this. Somebody, please, join me for a crowdwank.

They've got the attendance mixed up with the game at Tannadice. There hasn't been 8,000 Airdire fans in one place since the last Tommy Robinson march in Glasgow

36 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

4000 tops I'd say. Our total capacity is just over 10K and the 2 stands behind the goals are never open.