Airdrieonians Vs Partick Thistle

Expecting a real step up in opposition today. Partick looked the business for 88 minutes last week. 

Saying that, we also looked decent in spells and if we can cut out that heart attack football that McCabe INSISTS on playing then we can get a result of some sort. 

Keep it tight today and take our chances you never know. 

Can’t wait for a triple signing at 2.30pm…

12 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Expecting a tough match and you can add me to the list of people who think Airdrie will do well this season. Airdrie have been building up to this promotion for a few seasons and it’s hardly as if they fluked their way up.

Supposed to hate these c***s but the Airdrie fans on here seem to be brand new.

10 years in league one humbles you 🤣

It's a cliché, but there are no easy games in this division. 

Thistle should win, but that isn't always the way things work out in this silly game.

I'll stick with my 2 - 1 prediction, of a Thistle win.

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

We’ve been absolutely stinking. Airdrie could easily have been 3-0 up after 20 mins. 

Thistle have been better since the goal and McCabe went off but yeah, two weeks in a row we’re learning the tough lesson of take your chances when you’re on top. I wasn’t as certain it was a goal as others but keen to see the one that hit the underside of the bar again, as it looked very close.

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Thistle have been better since the goal and McCabe went off but yeah, two weeks in a row we’re learning the tough lesson of take your chances when you’re on top. I wasn’t as certain it was a goal as others but keen to see the one that hit the underside of the bar again, as it looked very close.

Will be a talking point as it looked a clear goal.

Very pleasant surprise. We bossed the game for most parts and I'd be interested to see a possession stat for the game, albeit the only stat that matters is the score. We could/should've been 2-0 up before Thistle scored but when we conceded and then McCabe went off I was fearing the worst. Second half we finally converted the chances.

Thoroughly enjoying Aaron Taylor-Sinclair's re-invention as a Championship level ball playing centre half, and I thought that McGregor was man of the match today even though a fair amount of home fans decided he was at fault for the Thistle goal. I can see him being a bit of a gem for us this season but still being the type of Telfer/Jamieson scapegoat figure that our support love to hate.

5 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Very pleasant surprise. We bossed the game for most parts and I'd be interested to see a possession stat for the game, albeit the only stat that matters is the score. We could/should've been 2-0 up before Thistle scored but when we conceded and then McCabe went off I was fearing the worst. Second half we finally converted the chances.

Thoroughly enjoying Aaron Taylor-Sinclair's re-invention as a Championship level ball playing centre half, and I thought that McGregor was man of the match today even though a fair amount of home fans decided he was at fault for the Thistle goal. I can see him being a bit of a gem for us this season but still being the type of Telfer/Jamieson scapegoat figure that our support love to hate.

Thought everyone was great today except maybe O’Connor, would have liked to have seen Hancock come on for some minutes but all the subs done their bit