Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

Early meeting between the two massive clubs in the league. 

Can’t fault effort or aptitude, just more the tiredness and lack of experience from the bench that could kill us.  We have a decent, resilient group of boys that don’t give up, but this is totally something else compared to what they’ve been used to over the past year. 

Not confident we’ll add more than Wotherspoon before next Saturday.

2-0 United. 

This will prove a tougher test than Friday’s game but winning our home games is an imperative this season.

It must be the same starting XI as the Arbroath game and hopefully the same sort of team performance.  

Big test for us. As said shit festing a draw would be a good result and it’s something we absolutely have the players capable of doing, but we’re probably reliant on United making an arse of it on a couple of occasions when they do break us down.

Breen out means Otoo moving back and Hamilton coming into the midfield,  it’s also probably the right time to take Tod out the starting line up which means playing Allan in a role that’s not completely natural to him and Fenton being the senior player on the bench with his 11 lowland league appearances

Edited by parsforlife

This is going to be a very VERY tough game.  Part of me thinks we’ll be lucky to avoid a 3 or 4 goal hiding.  But then we’ve just not had that under McPake.  A draw would be an excellent result.

Tannadice should be a good venue to visit.  But then they have the worst bunch of jumped up fuds in hi-vis vests for security, some of the worst catering in the lower league, and then £25 for entry.  Yuck.

Re Paul Allan and 40 appearances; I'm reading this differently I think. To be 23, 24 in January, and having made only 40 appearances isn't the best. Hopefully his goal on Saturday will help him kick on and improve.

Massive test for us. In a bizarre place where if we play well and get something it’s a massive bonus and a great indicator for the season, and if we get thumped I’ll not be too worried since Utd’s squad is miles ahead of everyone on paper and we’re missing lots of key players.

Still, should make for an intruiging one.

Think Otoo will drop back into the defence, Hamilton into central mid and Allan in place of Tod. 

I feel a bit sad taking Otoo out of midfield though after his performance on Saturday and goal. But best option

Will O'Halloran be fit? Any new signings? Will anyone else injure their ankle? Big questions all Pars fans will be asking all week.

Its a tough away game against a side 2 divisions above us last year. so will be a hard shift for a small squad.

Glad we got a week off after the game to hopefully get more players in.

The lads whoever play are a tough nut to crack, and will no doubt be so as well. Gonna tip us to nick a 1-1 draw. Another goal for Otoo, but Mount will get a late equaliser as sustained pressure pays off.

36 minutes ago, FBadgers said:

Think Otoo will drop back into the defence, Hamilton into central mid and Allan in place of Tod. 

I feel a bit sad taking Otoo out of midfield though after his performance on Saturday and goal. But best option

Will O'Halloran be fit? Any new signings? Will anyone else injure their ankle? Big questions all Pars fans will be asking all week.

Its a tough away game against a side 2 divisions above us last year. so will be a hard shift for a small squad.

Glad we got a week off after the game to hopefully get more players in.

The lads whoever play are a tough nut to crack, and will no doubt be so as well. Gonna tip us to nick a 1-1 draw. Another goal for Otoo, but Mount will get a late equaliser as sustained pressure pays off.

Think that’ll be the team. Even if we get a new signing/O’Halloran returns, I think they’ll be on the bench, due to lack of game time/fitness.

This will be a very tough game and we’ll do very well to get anything out of it. Cant see Mason Mount scoring though.