Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

If Dunfermline are getting humped don't console yourself with a burger, by the looks it it's as dry as Arabia. Fitting.

More importantly hopefully we have a few more players in the door this week.

Probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but obviously the pricing has put me off even more so I shan't be there. Both Dundee clubs seem to be expensive to get in to and then get refreshments at, going back at least a decade. Big city lights and all that I guess.

I worry we'll get a bit of a pasting here tbh. Airdrie had acres of space to run into when they beat our high press and with Otto having to go to LCB in place of Breen, there will be a lot less energy in our midfield. I'd expect Hamilton to come into that role and possibly Paul Allan in place of Andrew Tod. Given our lack of bench options, I think shitfesting our way to a 0-0 is the best we can hope for, but for all the clean sheets we've had and bodies on the line defending we've seen, we do give up chances and the likes of Moult, Watt, Middleton and Sibbald are much better than the players we've been up against last season. Killie only really created two chances in the Viaplay Cup and scored both, I can see a similar story unfolding on Saturday. 2 or 3-0 I reckon.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but obviously the pricing has put me off even more so I shan't be there. 

£25 now though, not that it's great but better than before.

Wee bit worried about this one although at the same time I know we’re a well organised group, however Dundee Utd have the individuals to cause problems. Breen being suspended is a gutter, not that we needed any more starters missing out and will likely mean Otoo to left centre half, taking him out the engine room where he was really good yesterday.

I said this on the WDTHR thread, but if we bring in no one new before Saturday I’ll be worried. If we go the same team, it means Hamilton or Allan in for the injured Breen, leaving only Fenton, Hoggan, Sutherland, Little and Allan on the bench, must have about 10 Dunfermline appearances between them and Allan will hold the majority.

Could see us sneaking a draw or even in true Pars at Tannadice style getting a one goal victory. But at the same time I could see us conceding early then losing by 2/3 goals. Suppose it depends on what business we get done this week.

We have a good first 11, but as it stands we’re without four who would definitely start in Mehmet, Breen, KRH and Matty Todd. Possibly Michael O’Hallaron as well if he’s not fit yet, keep forgetting about him. Even having that older head on the bench would be a relief.

Edited by The Toun Clock

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Wee bit worried about this one although at the same time I know we’re a well organised group, however Dundee Utd have the individuals to cause problems. Breen being suspended is a gutter, not that we needed any more starters missing out and will likely mean Otoo to left centre half, taking him out the engine room where he was really good yesterday.

I said this on the WDTHR thread, but if we bring in no one new before Saturday I’ll be worried. If we go the same team, it means Hamilton or Allan in for the injured Breen, leaving only Fenton, Hoggan, Sutherland, Little and Allan on the bench, must have about 10 Dunfermline appearances between them and Allan will hold the majority.

Could see us sneaking a draw or even in true Pars at Tannadice style getting a one goal victory. But at the same time I could see us conceding early then losing by 2/3 goals. Suppose it depends on what business we get done this week.

Paul Allan will make his 40th appearance for us if he plays on Saturday.