Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

53 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

The cooncil, in their infinite wisdom, have put new parking restrictions in place in the streets around the ground'

with fines for the unwary,

it's gonna be fucking carnage

37 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

My reading of the blurb is that they are just replacing ‘no parking cones’ with a different method of restricting parking.  I don’t know the present restrictions well enough to know if that’s actually the case.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Opposition fans claiming their team is guff, and we will win comfortably.

I can't help feeling I've seen this movie before...

No one actually claimed this at any point. We're not guff and we don't think you'll walk it. Just sceptical of our chances because our squad isn't finished and has injuries to crucial players. 

If you're referring to my "pumping" comment after someone joked you were on St. Pauli's level, perhaps it wasn't laced with enough sarcasm.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

6 hours ago, arabdelic said:

3 relegations in over 90 years. What about Dunfermline? 

You’ve been relegated twice in the last seven years and three times in the last 28 years.

Pretty poor for a supposedly big team tbh.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

United are playing Dunfermline tomorrow, and ex player at both Scott Banks signed for St Pauli, albeit on loan, yesterday............ and I had a hamburger for my tea tonight!

Anyone here got any other amazing coincidences they'd like to mention.

Going to a wedding tomorrow. IIRC, I’ve previously been to three weddings when Pars are playing at Dundee Utd. United have always won. But, those weddings were all in St Andrews but this one is not. 

Edited by Shandon Par

51 minutes ago, Parsman85 said:

Where is the best place to park?

One of the streets on the other side of Dens Road (the side opposite Dens Park).

I've always thought that the two Dundee clubs should go halfers on the ground on Main Street* where the gym and indoor market 'accidentally' burned down and use it for parking.

*Why is it called Main Street incidentally?! 

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've always thought that the two Dundee clubs should go halfers on the ground on Main Street* where the gym and indoor market 'accidentally' burned down and use it for parking.

131 new homes or somewhere convenient for you to park your car for a couple of hours? Tough call.

58 minutes ago, parsboi said:

We rarely see a draw at Tannadice in this fixture…

Can distinctly remember seeing a couple of draws at Tannadice.

A goalless draw that was hideously dull back when we had Adam Hammill and a 1-1 draw where Nicky Clark scored for us.

United away they won't come more difficult than this in the league. It will be a good indication to where we stand. Former Premiership team v former league 1 team.

Edited by JPB16

Getting a striker in would have been nice but this Ben Summers sounds like a Matty Todd wannabe and that’s a perfect foil for Lewis McCann. McCann stretching the defence and cutting it back to a supporting midfielder is a probably going to be our main goal threat. Don’t think the option is there to bully teams at corners etc like last year but if there’s any weakness or idiosyncrasies in United’s defence then we’ve come to expect MacKay and McPake to know all about it.

Bit of a free hit for us. If the long unbeaten record goes then it’s against a team that was two leagues above us last year. 

Really think the best thing McPake has brought is the honesty to say “I don’t really agreee there’s a right way to play football”. When everyone is fit the we can play sparking stuff but I really can’t recall a Pars team that uses plans A,B,C..Z throughout games. Players can get subbed after 30 minutes and he’ll talk them up and say it was his tactical error etc. Don’t think there has been a single case of anyone getting bombed out the team.