Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

Fantastic effort from the team today. Seriously depleted at the home of the title favourites and we were still just a minute away from a win. Very encouraging and the back 5 especially were magnificent.

Was almost a complete repeat of our trip to Falkirk last season; soak up the pressure and frustrate, grow into game, Wighton scores and then hold on for life. Close but not quite enough.

I’m sure most United fans would agree they got away with that big time. Had loads of the ball and barely forced Sharp into a serious save. People were practically giving them the title last week but won’t be easy if they play that laboured throughout the season.

Folk will complain about the time added on but the half started at 16:08 and there was definitely 4/5 mins of time to be added on.

2 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Good to see Cudjoe getting another goal. Could be a cracking wee player if he can continue developing an end product.

Really pleased to see he got the equaliser considering that the shot he somehow managed to put just past the post had me raging and wondering what the hell he's aiming at sometimes.

No complaints from me with regards to the injury time tbf, subs, the goal and a decent amount of time-wasting from ourselves made me think it would be five minutes, just couldn't hold on in the end. 

It's a very good point, hopefully McCanns injury isn't anything substantial. 

Enjoyed the game.

Thought we played quite well until we scored. We dropped off too much after that with too many unforced errors. Still, hard to be critical as it was a good result, especially missing five starters. For much of the game we were solid and organised. There were too many aimless balls after we went ahead though, and too many high balls to shorter players. We really missed McCann in that sort of situation.

Was pleased with O'Halloran today. Thought he looked really sharp and has some pace still. If he stays fit he'll be a quality addition to the team.

Shat it when Benedictus was down but just a head injury. The glorious mad b*****d was up and beading everything as soon as he got the bandage (which he amusingly chucked in to the crowd at full time!).

Lovely goal from us. Sublime header.

Summer looked decent. Tod too although you can tell he's wildly inexperienced with some of the things he does! That's fine though, experience will come with games and he should get plenty this season. He's a really good prospect.

Hamilton getting a yellow must be one of the easiest bets in football these days!

Sharp looks decent but his kicking isn't the best. Seems like he was taught how to kick by Westie! Talking of which, he had a class Westie catch second half!

Otoo was really good at dealing with Cudjoe most of the game. Thought they had a really good battle. Cudjoe was absolutely desperate to shoot whenever he got the ball. How he didn't score that chance from (what looked liked from the away end) the penalty spot remains a mystery. That he was the one to finally score was no surprise. That he away from Otoo was also no surprise. Cudjoe will get plenty in this league I think. Looks decent.

The claimed crowd of just over 8000 was rather fanciful I though.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

United not world beaters after all? Another goal against United for Craigy boy, not as significant as his last, but hopefully contributes to keeping these cuntos down at the end of the day. 

Aye, that was a big win for Arbroath I'm sure.

Although it's never a bad thing when Kieran Freeman goes off, moving Grimshaw to defence and bringing on Archie Meekison ruined our momentum.

Looked like it was going to be one of those days, but Cudjoe deserved th goal and the draw seemed like a fair result.

Considering the amount of timewasting going on, I find it hard to believe that any Pars fan could complain about the amount of added on time.

Aye, I think the amount of injury time was about right, the referee was useless for both teams, a draw was probably about right, although gutting to lose 2 points at the death. Lots to be positive about from our side, defence looks rock solid again like last season, we have O'Halloran and Summers who will need a few games to develop an understanding with the side, KRH, McCann, Todd, Breen & Mehmet to add to that squad....maybe a couple more signings. We didn't lose any ground at the top of the table either :)

40 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Quite obviously a conspiracy with these refs to ensure United bounce straight back up. 

Seriously, where do they get 6/7 minutes added on time from? Was the same against Airdrie last week. 

Your goalie spent 12 minutes in the second half just pulling his socks up before taking goal kicks or free kicks.

Its great to get a late equaliser, well deserved for Cudjoe, though I still think Sibbald was MotM.

Disgusted and embarrassed that people sing that song about McPake.  It might be excusable if it was just daft young laddies but it’s not.

Unlucky to not hold onto the win but Euan Anderson has had it in for us in both the Killie game and today. Apparently only Chris Hamilton gets booked for cynical challenges. As for the time wasting being added on I'm fine with it as long as it's consistent, but it won't be. 

Over the course of the game though a draw is a fair result, given the money United have thrown at their team and we still have 3-4 first team players to come in (and missing Todd/KRH) we'll be absolutely fine this season on that showing. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Your goalie spent 12 minutes in the second half just pulling his socks up before taking goal kicks or free kicks.

Its great to get a late equaliser, well deserved for Cudjoe, though I still think Sibbald was MotM.

Disgusted and embarrassed that people sing that song about McPake.  It might be excusable if it was just daft young laddies but it’s not.

What’s the song?

3 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Watching the footage I first thought it was one of them rounds of applause you get at a certain minute! Some racket of rain that was.

It was quite the downpour! The evacuation of the lower seats was quite the sight!