Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

Naturally a sare one at the end but damn do I love this squad.

Just so easy to support the lads when they work that hard n throw themselves on the line over and over. The ol' cliché of playing for the shirt fits them perfectly. 

The wee man Summers looks a pler n' all. 

To have McCann, Todd, KRH especially to come back...the futures no too shabby. 

Good hard fought game. Draw probably correct result if you take the emotion out of it. 

5 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Naturally a sare one at the end but damn do I love this squad.

Just so easy to support the lads when they work that hard n throw themselves on the line over and over. The ol' cliché of playing for the shirt fits them perfectly. 

The wee man Summers looks a pler n' all. 

To have McCann, Todd, KRH especially to come back...the futures no too shabby. 

Good hard fought game. Draw probably correct result if you take the emotion out of it. 

One of the hardest games we'll face in the league all season.

Five starters missing.

Only four outfield players on the bench (the halftime warmup was quite telling when you saw our small group compared to the almost full team of subs United had).

All four outfield are young players (keeper too for that matter).

Not a bad result given all that.

With Uniteds quality and our lack of depth I was expecting an absolute shagging off them, would have been delighted with a point with our squad so thin so whilst losing a late goal is annoying and dissapointing I'm glad we have been up to their place and come back with a point.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Your goalie spent 12 minutes in the second half just pulling his socks up before taking goal kicks or free kicks.

Its great to get a late equaliser, well deserved for Cudjoe, .

And very slowly moving the ball across the six yard box.

thought I was at the fringe with all the dramatics when players were tackled too.

2 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

And very slowly moving the ball across the six yard box.

thought I was at the fringe with all the dramatics when players were tackled too.

Doubt any Fringe show is getting circa 8k fans (second highest attendance in Scotland today).

Edited by DA Baracus

31 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Can anyone tell me if Dunfermline had any 1st team players missing today? 

Yes of course you got a last minute equaliser against a team with 5 first team players out, 4 to injury and one suspended, and a bench of 4 teenagers and a GK who turned 21 this summer. 
If you would like to know a few more times I would be delighted to oblige.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Bene MOM BTW

I have no idea why Raith let him go tbh. Has pretty much been 8/10 or higher every single game he’s played.

59 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Can anyone tell me if Dunfermline had any 1st team players missing today? 

Yes, we were missing five first-team players 👍

Thought Moult was fantastic against Arbroath but I'm struggling to recall what he did today.

That's more a praise of our defence than a criticism of Moult. He'll almost certainly be among the league's top scorers at the end of the season.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought Moult was fantastic against Arbroath but I'm struggling to recall what he did today.

That's more a praise of our defence than a criticism of Moult. He'll almost certainly be among league's top scorers at the end of the season.

I thought Benedictis was outstanding today 

1 minute ago, Tap in 94 said:

I thought Benedictis was outstanding today 

Man of the match IMO.  Thought Dunfermline defended well and for long spells were first to every second ball.

United deserved a point but need to play much better if we’re going to win the league.  Gallagher and Holt were decent, Sibbald good at times and Cudjoe was our only attacker to get pass marks.