Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

would’ve took a draw before a ball was kicked, however that feels like a loss. Why are so many United fans frothing at the mouth on Twitter about McPake making a 1 each gesture? That’s not him celebrating a draw. It’s more of a ‘chill the fck out you just rescued a point at home to a Dunfermline side missing 5 starters’ to the Arabs giving him it stinking. 

1 minute ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

would’ve took a draw before a ball was kicked, however that feels like a loss. Why are so many United fans frothing at the mouth on Twitter about McPake making a 1 each gesture? That’s not him celebrating a draw. It’s more of a ‘chill the fck out you just rescued a point at home to a Dunfermline side missing 5 starters’ to the Arabs giving him it stinking. 

Why don't you ask them?

United need to stop pissing about at goal kicks.  I wouldn’t mind the theatre too much if there was an end product but there’s not.

Also a Walton needs to work his distribution; in the second half in particular when he was playing it short it was mainly to his right whereas McMann is far better than Freeman at bringing the ball forward.

4 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

They’re as thick as pig shit, obviously. That’s why. 

I don’t think anyone who pays much attention to Twitter should accuse others of being ‘thick as pig shit’.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think anyone who pays much attention to Twitter should accuse others of being ‘thick as pig shit’.

Nae bother big dawg, right you are. Didn’t realise there was a social media thickness league with Twitter’s ranking being above P&B. 

ETA What’s United fans thoughts on Declan Glass? Gid Tranent laddie. 

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

United need to stop pissing about at goal kicks.  I wouldn’t mind the theatre too much if there was an end product but there’s not.

Also a Walton needs to work his distribution; in the second half in particular when he was playing it short it was mainly to his right whereas McMann is far better than Freeman at bringing the ball forward.

Freeman wasn't playing 2nd half, it was Grimmy

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Don't forget kissing a 60 year old rag/scarf 

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

That was horrible. Genuinely felt sorry for him in that moment. 

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

Don’t think il ever get over seeing this 😂 chilling 

Haha is this the old school silk scarf that the guy Dennis takes to all the games? 

17 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Haha is this the old school silk scarf that the guy Dennis takes to all the games? 

Don't think it's silk but aye it's the guy that's taken it to every game since we won the 68 cup. 

I get why he did it but Kane's face was a picture 

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Don't think it's silk but aye it's the guy that's taken it to every game since we won the 68 cup. 

Aye maybe not silk. My grandad had the exact same one. It’s somewhere in my parents house but probably looking and smelling a lot better than the one that gets a run out every weekend. F*ck it, people like their traditions 🤣

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye maybe not silk. My grandad had the exact same one. It’s somewhere in my parents house but probably looking and smelling a lot better than the one that gets a run out every weekend. F*ck it, people like their traditions 🤣

I’ve got one too, a hand me down from the 60’s.

I’ve only seen a total of 3 of those scarves - mine, my Dad’s and the one Dennis has. Dennis’ one is more holes than scarf!

Unfortunately my Dad lost his at a game a few years ago so it’s great to hear there’s another one out there! 

1 minute ago, Weegie Par said:

I’ve got one too, a hand me down from the 60’s.

I’ve only seen a total of 3 of those scarves - mine, my Dad’s and the one Dennis has. Dennis’ one is more holes than scarf!

Unfortunately my Dad lost his at a game a few years ago so it’s great to hear there’s another one out there! 

I think it’s the same mate, I will dig it out when I’m next along. Is it one of the ones that has the cup on it? If so that’s the one we have.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What do you men ‘pissing about’? It’s just a bit of a generic statement 

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

You won't find a better organised team in this division than the Pars.  McPake and MacKay are the best young management team in Scotland.

Don't give a fuk what Dundee fans say about McPake, these guys are the real deal. 

I'm all aboard the McPake hype train but I understand why other fans would be wary, that Dundee side was fairly rank bar Adam so it seemed like a bit of a one man band. What him and Mackay have done though is incredible, I can't remember I watched a Pars side this well coached, Jimmy Calderwood? 

We've had good sides since (McIntyre and Johnstons league winning sides) but you felt that was a case of us having a squad that was simply better than everyone, McPake and Mackay though make a squad better than the sum of its parts, very impressive. 

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve no idea why we let him go. Derry’ed oot his nut and we’ve had a lot worse since. 

I remember he looked a fantastic talent when I first seen him (Must've been about 2009-2011). I actually think he might have underachieved in his career tbh, he really should've spent the majority of it in the Premiership with the talent he had, instead he's spent it predominantly in the second tier. Maybe wasn't the most professional of players as a youngster! 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

What game was it again? Was it the one we slapped Falkirk or when we were confirmed Champions?