Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

22 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm all aboard the McPake hype train but I understand why other fans would be wary, that Dundee side was fairly rank bar Adam so it seemed like a bit of a one man band. What him and Mackay have done though is incredible, I can't remember I watched a Pars side this well coached, Jimmy Calderwood? 

We've had good sides since (McIntyre and Johnstons league winning sides) but you felt that was a case of us having a squad that was simply better than everyone, McPake and Mackay though make a squad better than the sum of its parts, very impressive. 

Agree with all of this. It's also just such a likeable group. I'd say I haven't enjoyed following us this much since the Calderwood days. A lot of that is down to McPake and Mackay. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Don't think it's silk but aye it's the guy that's taken it to every game since we won the 68 cup. 

I get why he did it but Kane's face was a picture 

What game was it again? Was it the one we slapped Falkirk or when we were confirmed Champions? 

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think it’s the same mate, I will dig it out when I’m next along. Is it one of the ones that has the cup on it? If so that’s the one we have.

Nah I know the one you mean, but these ones are slightly different. Just plain black with white pinstripes, Dennis’ & my Dad’s have diagonal stripes but mine has vertical. Like I say, never seen another one - this is the only photo I’ve got of it on my phone and you can see the holes 😂

IMG_0996.jpeg

Edited by Weegie Par

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Had to watch them again to see what he was referring to. Unless there's another set of highlights out there it's about the most bizarre thing I've read on here. And I've read some of VilkngTon's posts.

We’ve not shared a forum for a while so you’re excused for not realising that Albert is a wind up merchant.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We’ve not shared a forum for a while so you’re excused for not realising that Albert is a wind up merchant.

I did wonder. Perhaps I'm used to a more subtle approach that had an element of good humour and a touch of plausibility added. Like if I'd said something like: "Watched the highlights there. How we didn't get a penalty for the defender nearly decapitating Hamilton in the first half is beyond me. Think I counted to six or seven between Hamilton getting the header away and the defender clattering in from behind. Could have killed him." that sort of thing.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Terrible attempt at banter or winding up, just seemed like a mad statement to fire into the ether.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I did wonder. Perhaps I'm used to a more subtle approach that had an element of good humour and a touch of plausibility added. Like if I'd said something like: "Watched the highlights there. How we didn't get a penalty for the defender nearly decapitating Hamilton in the first half is beyond me. Think I counted to six or seven between Hamilton getting the header away and the defender clattering in from behind. Could have killed him." that sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Terrible attempt at banter or winding up, just seemed like a mad statement to fire into the ether.

It will grow on you.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In all seriousness I beleive that should have been a penalty, I'm not surprised it wasn't given,for whatever reason refs just don't seem to blow for that foul in the box.