Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic (Sat 12th Aug)

2 hours ago, arabdelic said:

To be fair there wasn't a hell of a lot to be excited about 😐

I didn’t think United played poorly tbf. Definitely got the strongest squad and most quality in the division and it’s a good sign that they kept going and got something out of the game.

Understandable that expectations will be title or nothing though.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Hopefully the Pars board strike medals for the players forced into action today. 

Good to the officials play their part in ensuring fair play by waiting until we equalised.

You’ve not seen the KRH appreciation society in action yet. Weekly 10 minute lap of honour for the boy once he’s back. Medals and even a wee trophy for each game are a great shout.

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve not seen the KRH appreciation society in action yet. Weekly 10 minute lap of honour for the boy once he’s back. Medals and even a wee trophy for each game are a great shout.

Don't forget kissing a 60 year old rag/scarf 

My honest view today, even when we were losing, was nothing to be depressed about. 

Thought Dunfermline were excellent in defence and well organised and could have took all three points and I stand by pre season prediction they will be top 3.

We weren't amazing but could have won 3-1 or lost 1-0. 

Middleton still doesn't impress me bit hopefully Fotheringham plays from now on.

You won't find a better organised team in this division than the Pars.  McPake and MacKay are the best young management team in Scotland.

Don't give a fuk what Dundee fans say about McPake, these guys are the real deal. 

We just need injured players back and another 3-4 signings. We will be right up the top end when that happens. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What’s the song?

It's the song crowing about the tackle in a derby that ended McPake's playing career that starts with "Who's that lying on the Dens Park?'

It's both unpleasant and pathetic. A far cry from the sort of behaviour that got us the fair play award money to build one of our stands. Hard to begrudge McPake wanting to give out a little back to our fans after that at the end, even if it was only for a draw.

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

It's the song crowing about the tackle in a derby that ended McPake's playing career that starts with "Who's that lying on the Dens Park?'

It's both unpleasant and pathetic. A far cry from the sort of behaviour that got us the fair play award money to build one of our stands. Hard to begrudge McPake wanting to give out a little back to our fans after that at the end, even if it was only for a draw.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but he was so clearly going out to injure Rankin with that tackle that I understand it.

As for the game, pleasing that we kept going until the end, last season our heads would definitely have dropped, and great for Cudjoe to get such a big goal off the back of getting his first last week, but tactically and in terms of personnel there's concerns.

Grimshaw moving to right-back lost the control of the midfield we had up to that point, we could have had Denham replace Freeman like-for-like, and if Goodwin won't bring on McLeod in that kind of scenario, we badly need another striker. Moult was so easily isolated once we were chasing the game, it was clear to see we needed someone else through the middle with him. Meekison was anonymous, and I'm not convinced Glass and Fotheringham can offer much even in this division.

19 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but he was so clearly going out to injure Rankin with that tackle that I understand it.

With respect, I don't agree with that.

I was at Dens that day; both McPake and Rankin were stupid and threw themselves needlessly into the challenge when conditions were already not particularly great. Rankin got lucky and was able to walk away, McPake's career was done.

It was a similar story to the incident with Severin and our current manager a few years prior. Both hurled themselves into a 50/50 tackle unnecessarily and Goodwin was simply very fortunate he didn't come out of it as badly as Severin.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

With respect, I don't agree with that.

I was at Dens that day; both McPake and Rankin were stupid and threw themselves needlessly into the challenge when conditions were already not particularly great. Rankin got lucky and was able to walk away, McPake's career was done.

It was a similar story to the incident with Severin and our current manager a few years prior. Both hurled themselves into a 50/50 tackle unnecessarily and Goodwin was simply very fortunate he didn't come out of it as badly as Severin.

I had a pretty good view of it from the main stand that day and was sure he'd have got a red card were he not stretchered off. I just tried to go back and look at the highlights but couldn't find them on youtube, happy to be corrected if wrong.

3 hours ago, RB-Scotland said:

As for the game, pleasing that we kept going until the end, last season our heads would definitely have dropped, and great for Cudjoe to get such a big goal off the back of getting his first last week, but tactically and in terms of personnel there's concerns.

Grimshaw moving to right-back lost the control of the midfield we had up to that point, we could have had Denham replace Freeman like-for-like, and if Goodwin won't bring on McLeod in that kind of scenario, we badly need another striker. Moult was so easily isolated once we were chasing the game, it was clear to see we needed someone else through the middle with him. Meekison was anonymous, and I'm not convinced Glass and Fotheringham can offer much even in this division.

What exactly do you ‘understand’?  Supporters of our club singing a song celebrating a career ending tackle?

I’d hope that no P&B Arab would try to excuse that.  Debate the merit of the tackle all day long but don’t defend the morons who celebrate it.

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I have no idea why Raith let him go tbh. Has pretty much been 8/10 or higher every single game he’s played.

Yes, we were missing five first-team players 👍

I’ve no idea why we let him go. Derry’ed oot his nut and we’ve had a lot worse since.